The "Shit I just bought" thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,980
132,250
Needed to replace my big mousepad I got in 2018. I was reminded about this after seeing the merch store for Monsters and Memories. Buuuuttt I didn't want anything they had.

As I am a full on Texan at this point, I really like leather and the patina it builds up in boots, wallets, flip flops, and stuff in general. I found you can just get big pieces of tanned hide as a desk sized mousepad. Came in the other day and it is great, feels good, smells good, and looks cool.

Screenshot 2026-10-08 at 2.16.13 PM.png
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,300
10,990
Needed to replace my big mousepad I got in 2018. I was reminded about this after seeing the merch store for Monsters and Memories. Buuuuttt I didn't want anything they had.

As I am a full on Texan at this point, I really like leather and the patina it builds up in boots, wallets, flip flops, and stuff in general. I found you can just get big pieces of tanned hide as a desk sized mousepad. Came in the other day and it is great, feels good, smells good, and looks cool.

View attachment 643187
So genuine question (not poking at ya at all). Why a mousepad? I'm assuming that is a laser mouse. They don't need one. The leather part sounds nice.


When I bought my very first MS laser mouse (wired and probably PS2/4 ? back in the day and didn't need a surface for the ball to track I got rid of it. Maybe it was my profession, Rather than take off drawings with paper and a pencil, I would enter the amounts in a speadsheet and my office would look like a bomb went off on a full size set of drawings. With a wireless KB & mouse I could put them ON the drawings and do my work.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,380
20,373
So genuine question (not poking at ya at all). Why a mousepad? I'm assuming that is a laser mouse. They don't need one. The leather part sounds nice.


When I bought my very first MS laser mouse (wired and probably PS2/4 ? back in the day and didn't need a surface for the ball to track I got rid of it. Maybe it was my profession, Rather than take off drawings with paper and a pencil, I would enter the amounts in a speadsheet and my office would look like a bomb went off on a full size set of drawings. With a wireless KB & mouse I could put them ON the drawings and do my work.
Can't speak for TJT but I prefer a mousepad too, I like the friction of a cloth mousepad
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
78,509
184,716
Can't speak for TJT but I prefer a mousepad too, I like the friction of a cloth mousepad
yea at least some form of a uniform surface, i've been using a mouse for the htpc (along w/ kb and trackpad) and i'm just using it raw dog on a wooden table tray and it feels so icky
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

Brad American
<Gold Donor>
29,189
43,210
Can't speak for TJT but I prefer a mousepad too, I like the friction of a cloth mousepad
My hand feels naked without a mouse pad, and too smooth a surface lowers precision imo. The texture makes judging distance more accurate.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user