The "Shit I just bought" thread

For cleaning, use baby oil. We've always had a bottle of baby oil around from the kids. I usually clean any stainless steel with my regular cleaner and then rub it over with baby oil to restore it to a nice shine. Olive oil works, too, but baby oil is cheap.
I work at a stainless steel fab shop. Denatured alcohol Wakandan

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone ever tried the reusable filter cups they sell? Put your own coffee in and chuck it in the Keurig. I don't even drink coffee, but I've seen them at stores and they seemed like a no-brainer if they work.
They get the job done, but they just aren't as convenient as pre-filled k-cups. Pre-filled you just chuck it in the keurig and you're gtg. The reusable cup you got to get out all the grounds from the previous cup, they usually don't just fall out, you may have to scoop it out, then rinse it, then make a mess pooring the coffee grounds in. The trick to make it not so weak as someone else posted is just give it a few light taps on the counter so you can get more grounds in.

Its really not that bad, but usually I'll stick to the pre-filled cups for when I'm on the go and use the reusable cup on the weekends.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since I like my coffee to look like motor oil I got pretty quickly out of the K-Cup fad. The coffee was always too weak for my liking. So I just bought a thermal carafe for my drip maker and I have a cup in the morning, fill a cup leaving for work and have a cup when I get home. Still hot when I get home.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since I like my coffee to look like motor oil I got pretty quickly out of the K-Cup fad.
Edit:

KCups look just like motor oil bro.

rrr_img_46059.jpg

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bros, just bought a belt and some holsters from Simply Rugged a few months ago. They look fantastic and are holding up well so far. 10/10 would buy again. This belt is fucking awesome, first good quality belt I've owned, definitely looks and feels better than the store-bought flimsy ish I'm used to.

Real Man's Belt - single layer of leather

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In regards to belts you can actually make your own quite easily and it will be of higher quality than basically any belt you can buy unless you're dropping like $150 on a Tanner belt. Dying the belt can be a bit of a pain but isn't too complicated. You can buy all the materials and assemble it yourself for like $25. I've made my own belts for a few years now. It is also nice since it is custom made for you it doesn't require 5-8 holes in the belt. Just the one. So you don't have excess length or excess holes.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Buys $1500 headphones for experiencing high end audio format. Doesn't listen to vinyl nor tape. Wakandan Plz.
Read this the below link for anyone that cares. (no one really, but I'm bored as fuck). I care less about the physicality of putting needle to groove. And Vinyl seems to color the music more according to the engineer, than what he wanted it to sound like. Plus like I said...we arent talking MP3's here. 192K or better.

Also a lot of it is space requirements. WTF you put 20k albums?

Why Vinyl Sounds Better Than CD, Or Not : NPR

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I own one album on vinyl: Bomb the Music Industry!'s Scrambles. I don't even own a record player. I just loved the album so much that I wanted to frame it and hang it on my wall.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Get an ice cream maker right away. You have to do some work but ice cream these days is shit. You can make way better at home.
Do you make ice cream that can be put in the freezer and eaten the next day? I like homemade ice cream but in my experience it always has to be eaten immediately because if it spends the night in the freezer it turns into a giant ice cube. I listened to Alton Brown's podcast on ice cream and he talked like you could make stuff at home that could go in the freezer but I have never had any. He also said that hand crank ice cream makers were better because the electric ones start to slow down when the ice cream starts to thicken and that is when you should be speeding up. I would think that the kitchen-aid would be better for this than most ice cream makers just because that is a pretty powerful motor compared to what you would get in a cheap ice cream maker, but I don't know.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just for fun today I wanted to see what my full 1991 complete Upper Deck baseball cards set was worth.

eBay has one sealed for $9. I knew it would be low, but not under $10 low
tongue.png
What ever happened to card collecting?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Probably because kids give two shits about comics/cards/action figures.

My son is 12. This was PRIME comic book age. My son would rather play on the PC, and spend hours making animations.