pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Simpsons

Genre: Family, Animation, Comedy

First aired: 1989-12-17

Creator: Matt Groening

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer

Overview: Set in Springfield, the average American town, the show focuses on the antics and everyday adventures of the Simpson family; Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie, as well as a virtual cast of thousands. Since the beginning, the series has been a pop culture icon, attracting hundreds of celebrities to guest star. The show has also made name for itself in its fearless satirical take on politics, media and American life in general.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They'll never stop The Simpsons!
Have no fear, we'll have stories for years!

FB_IMG_1672603389906.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The last couple seasons have honestly been really good. They've been doing fun things playing with the format of the episodes.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The last couple seasons have honestly been really good. They've been doing fun things playing with the format of the episodes.

"One factor that should be noted is that women writers, such as the aforementioned Gupta, should be acknowledged for the show’s resurgence in comic caliber. Former Saturday Night Live scribe Jessica Conrad wrote two of the latest season’s offerings, and Carolyn Omine, who has been with the show since 2000, had her hand in the highly-rated Treehouse of Horror entry."

Girls rule, women are funny, get over it.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"One factor that should be noted is that women writers, such as the aforementioned Gupta, should be acknowledged for the show’s resurgence in comic caliber. Former Saturday Night Live scribe Jessica Conrad wrote two of the latest season’s offerings, and Carolyn Omine, who has been with the show since 2000, had her hand in the highly-rated Treehouse of Horror entry."

Girls rule, women are funny, get over it.
That's some serious butthurt cherry picking. On a show this old with a traditionally male writers room, that's noteworthy. Not like it says they deserve literally all the credit. Honestly only skimmed that article but I assume that those two sentences are the only two such sentences in the whole thing?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That's some serious butthurt cherry picking. On a show this old with a traditionally male writers room, that's noteworthy. Not like it says they deserve literally all the credit. Honestly only skimmed that article but I assume that those two sentences are the only two such sentences in the whole thing?

Girls rule, women are funny, get over it

• 1Seriously?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On a show this old with a traditionally male writers room, that's noteworthy.
The only thing that's noteworthy about a woman in a 'traditionally male industry' is the question of whether she got the job through merit, filling a diversity quota, or through sucking dick.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The only thing that's noteworthy about a woman in a 'traditionally male industry' is the question of whether she got the job through merit, filling a diversity quota, or through sucking dick.
Which is why they mentioned that one of the funniest episodes (and indeed, I laughed my ass off not knowing the women were involved until I saw Ossoi bitching) was written by the women. 🙄

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Which is why they mentioned that one of the funniest episodes (and indeed, when I first watched them I found them to be the funniest, and literally had no idea women wrote them until I saw Ossoi bitching) was written by the women. 🙄

Girls rule, women are funny, get over it

• 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's a good episode. It has a little subversion where Eric really does think that Amy Schumer is hilarious.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is why they mentioned that one of the funniest episodes (and indeed, I laughed my ass off not knowing the women were involved until I saw Ossoi bitching) was written by the women. 🙄
I listed merit as the first option for a reason, although it's weird as fuck to still be watching the Simpsons. Season 12 killed the show and Season 22 blew the zombie brains out.

Wouldn't be surprised if "most watched TV series" actually just means people rewatching season 1-9.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That's a good episode. It has a little subversion where Eric really does think that Amy Schumer is hilarious.
It was a hilarious episode I agree. Of course tho Ossoi is doing the typical hardheaded thing and quoting it as if Matt and Trey didn't make people like Cartman look ridiculous in that exact way, and it's too facepalm inducing for me to find it funny lol.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I listed merit as the first option for a reason, although it's weird as fuck to still be watching the Simpsons. Season 12 killed the show and Season 22 blew the zombie brains out.

Wouldn't be surprised if "most watched TV series" actually just means people rewatching season 1-9.
We get it you're cool. You don't even need to watch it to know that it's not funny or innovative anymore. We're impressed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We get it you're cool. You don't even need to watch it to know that it's not funny or innovative anymore. We're impressed.
Not really sure what you're on about here. The panda rape episode is far and away the worst episode in the history of a show renowned for decades of mediocrity, and the lady gaga episode was the show unironically becoming the exact thing it had been created to satirize. I don't need to keep putting shit in my mouth to remind myself that it tastes like shit.

But against my better judgement I did exactly that last year, gave the Simpsons a try again. Wasn't 34 but somewhere in the early 30s, and it was the same mediocre garbage it had been for those aforementioned decades. Sorry that my giving them another chance didn't coincide with the brief moment of success that they'll undoubtedly fail to recreate in season 35.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Post year 2000 Lisa Simpson is the worst character in literary history, change my mind.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database