The Sims 4

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm kind of shocked there is no thread for this game.

Mod it up a bit and it gets really funny. Burke and Cletus were playing recently and it got me interested again. I totally messed everything up the first go around though.

I wanted to start as a kid, but I messed that up and ended up as a young adult. I made two completely random parents but the looks are "genetic" - thats mom on the far left, then me, then random neighbor, then dad, then 2 more random neighbors. They showed up for a welcome-to-the-neighborhood kind of thing. I wasn't interested and started reading a book.
06-15-20_5-54-47 AM.png

This is when I realized I didn't make my parents married. Yes that's me gettting into bed with my dad.
06-15-20_6-10-25 AM.png

I backed out and tried to edit the family and fixed it, then when I reloaded the save there were two dopplegangers of dad and mom in the house. They walked out and escaped into the wild.

Other random funny stuff from this save:
06-19-20_1-59-26 AM.png
06-15-20_10-27-14 PM.png

The really rich family invited me over. The house was so huge took forever to get down there and zap her with the fire extinguisher.
06-20-20_2-49-04 AM.png

Eventually I realized I was supposed to have a job and not just spend all day sleeping and all night at bars. I also got a giant dumptruck ass from all the sloth.
06-15-20_9-02-42 AM.png

06-20-20_4-25-42 AM.png

At around this point something really strange happened. I spotted a girl with pink hair in the gym. It was me! But past me from like 4 years ago last time I played. The game I guess puts in friends and old save people randomly without telling you. The rest is too nsfw, but if you've seen "spacemoose and the time machine" you can probably tell where that is going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
4 killed my love of the series. 2 was great, and 3 improved on it in so many ways. Then 4 came along and the series took a big step back in everything other than cutesy-ness and visuals.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I know I played 3 but I can't remember the differences. 4 seems designed to sell DLC, which they do at an alarming rate. They make big big bank off that stuff.

I don't have any of it and the game seems fine without it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the DLC gouging this game might as well be called the Simps - named after the target audience.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
As if playing a game designed for 12 year old girls isn't bad enough, you play a female avatar with pink hair.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ok save 2, started as a kid and this time remembered to make the parents married. Same random parents but I took my old character from years ago and de-aged.
06-28-20_3-04-54 PM.png

The kid stuff has its moments but it is mostly a slog. School, homework, painting/instrument practice/reading whatever. Nonstop work. I really have no nostalgia for the school years and the Japanese fascination with highschool has always baffled me.

You get some cool options though. Mop the floor? No stomp on it!
06-28-20_9-56-44 PM.png
06-28-20_11-41-01 PM.png

So I finished all the artist type aspirations and started working on being a math nerd but then the birthday arrived. Dad throws the party at a bar and invites all his friends so I barely know anyone there. Then there's no cake, so I want to switch over to the mom and make her bake one and bring it. Eventually she gets home from work all grungy and I switch over.
06-29-20_8-14-27 PM.png

But it sort of ended the party when I switched people. So I got this like 3 day sadness debuff from people forgetting my birthday.
06-29-20_9-59-23 PM.png

So far the teen stuff is fairly accurate. Lots of pulling out the phone and staring at it randomly and moodiness. I went everywhere in my underwear for several days before I figured out that the easel is blocking the dresser.
06-30-20_1-46-03 AM.png

06-30-20_2-32-12 AM.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This guy, not sure if he's part of one of the sexytime mods I added or what, but the mom beat his ass. They got in one of those looney tunes style dust cloud fights and she's like fitness level 9000.
06-29-20_10-55-25 PM.png

But the game bugged out the defeated dude just stood there while the dad who was on the other side of the house ran off and was dazed from being beaten up. Then it had an exception pop up haha.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ok, the last post raises quite a few red flags for PEDOPHILE. Mods?

• 1Triggered
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It was like 4 years ago, so don't remember. I don't think I bought it with any packs, but I've seen people price out all the dlc and it's enormous. Like hundreds of dollars. They seem to really churn it out.

Burke bought it all for his stream playthru, but Cletus just played his wife's account and she had already bought everything. Some of it sounds kinda cool but I think you'd quickly end up spending a ton getting into all the side stuff.

What about the last post is mod worthy? I'm not seeing it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Some very nsfw stuff happens if you mod it that way but none of that stuff turns on for kidsims (obviously). Anyway I know not to post anything nsfw in here.

It makes the game that much funnier though, the gym is even worse than the bar.

Aside from that I also installed a better mood mod called meaningful stories that seems to make behaviour more realistic and stable.

I want to do some more digging for mods. The main thing I want is some kind of hard interrupt.

Like often I'll have the dad sim do a big meal because he's a pro chef and is really good at it. You have to constantly watch the others because they will try to cook something too instead of waiting.

And often you'll see the icon like "make mac & cheese" and you hit cancel. And they still walk all the way over to the fridge, get out a big pile of stuff (which costs money) then walk over to an empty counter and put it down before the action actually cancels. Drives me nuts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I will never forget the Sims 1 family I played using the magic whatever DLC that gave you an alchemy lab. You'd have someone brew potions and would get a random result. One of the results (yellow?) would fully refill 3 random needs, another potion would invert your stats, so I rolled bottom scores for all my sims to invert their stats to max scores.

So my house ended up being just a huge room with dozens of these labs that I'd have one or two sims making alchemy potions 24/7. Nobody in the house would sleep, eat, shit, shower, rest, have fun or socialize (for needs). 7ish sims would come home, drink a potion and get to training/practicing/making art/making friends. I think I had all my job-having sims go for tech for whatever reason, where when they ranked up they turned into cyborgs.

At some point I realized I was running a meth-house full of extremely high-functioning addicts who were also cyborgs.

Sims is one of those games that is more fun to read about people having wildly divergent gameplay than it is to actually play.

• 3Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hah I honestly don't have much. My playthru a few years ago I was the town slut so if I had that old data maybe. This time I've had to get through the school years. Maybe later, but my character is kind of non social. And I dunno if I would post any it's kind of embarrasing for some reason?

If you want to see the extra stuff in the mods, there's a streamer site called plexstorm that has more loose rules on game content than twitch. People play modded up skyrim on there as well, and it has the usual camgirl nonsense also.

Art actually seems to be a decent career. You can make a halfass painting for 100 dollars and sell it for 200ish 250ish and I'm sure that will climb as I get better.

My first character years ago was an author and you didn't need a job really just write a book now and then and sell it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
That fat farm, I wonder if he had a mod for extra weight gain or something haha. It takes awhile to get heavy.

I remember in one of the old ones you could do the old cask of amantillado trick and wall annoying people up in build mode. I don't know if it will let you do that in 4.

Cletus had some kind of dlc that had some kind of streamer-like career. Not sure if it was called streamer or influencer or what but he had all the lateshift people in his game streaming in a room.

So it was like watching a stream of a guy who was streaming a sim version of himself that was also streaming something.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The best one was Sims 3. The best way to play Sims 3 is immediately cheat so you have millions of simbucks, spend 3-4 hours building a house and filling it with the best of everything. Then you throw a party and proceed to burn half the town to death in a room with no doors, drowning them by removing the ladders when you have a pool party or simply leaving them to just piss themselves for days while they starve.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hah here's a funny one, not sure if this is intentional or not.

07-01-20_9-39-41 AM.png

Your trash outside overflows and the only thing you can do is sell it and buy a new one. OR you can buy the reduce and recycle dlc!