The Sleeper - Round 2

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like Kegz screwed a ton of people on these boards over the first time around. No wonder he hasn't tried to advertise Sleeper 2.0 on these boards.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Heh. It wasn't just here. He just didn't get much traction here once everyone realized how full of shit he is.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
someone from the sleeper stopped in to chronicles of norrath looking for me the other day i guess. i wasn't online, heard about it from another player -- he couldn't remember the name of the person looking for me though. was it someone from here?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Towards the end Kegz made one of his boys a GM and he started carrying his buddies through ToV for free dragon loot when the next best guild was just beginning Velk bosses. I wasn't playing at this time but I logged in and he sent me a tell asking if I wanted something from ToV to incentive myself and other people to return.

I turned him down and logged out.

Some time after that he "retired" and handed the project over to 2 unknowns. I didn't pay much attention but I'm 100% sure that he was masquerading as these two unknown GMs. There was also a healthy beta community before launch. The server launched....and no joke like 3 guilds full of people bounced immediately when the live changes went through.

Also:

Never post on his forums
He's crazy (for real)
XP at launch was mega fucked. We screamed for a buff and then got a huge bonus for 3 hours.
Loot drops from every boss was The most bizarre thing I've ever encountered. 9/10 times there would be nothing on the body.

Anyways. I'm posting on my iPad. Axeman gave me his Druid while I was solo playing "Friday the Whiner" and was also banned from chat channels. Here I am xp'ing in CoM and kegs says he's banning my Druid for exploiting. I was like lol wat?

Then every mob in the zone turns and runs towards his Druid and kills her. Like, the whole zone aggrod me. It was pretty comical. Druid was banned after that and I logged out at level 43.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
He actually #zoneaggro'd you? Hahaha.

Yep, that should be all the proof anyone needs. Stay away from this server. Any server whose admins actually kill the players, on purpose, is a joke.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Also:

XP at launch was mega fucked. We screamed for a buff and then got a huge bonus for 3 hours.
Loot drops from every boss was The most bizarre thing I've ever encountered. 9/10 times there would be nothing on the body.
I was the iksar warrior in your group at field of bone on launch, shit was hilarious. I didn't look back.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Had a nice conversation with Kegz on a random EpicEmu stream that someone linked to me after someone accused a friend of mine of being me, and also accused me of attacking his server with DDoS attacks...

Well, guess what, I was, but they weren't ddos attacks, they were EQEmu protocol level exploits, and it's been fixed for a while. My fun is over now that I got a reaction from him, so here you go, full scoop:
There's an 8 month old exploit, which I even said I'd be willing to fix given the chance, that several people in EQEmulator have knowledge of well after it's been fixed. Well, I'm a person of my word, you can find the fix for this here, Mr. Toop:Fixed a performance issue involving std::string and EQStream identificat... · 1ebf88a · EQEmu/Server · GitHub

And I may as well post the script, which does not work on any other server that is up to date on EQEmulator.

Kegz, if you want to be taken seriously in your server adventures, there's a community of nice folks out there in EQEmulator who would have tolerated you had you given them the chance, and probably still will. Hell, Tyen's even in our coders channel and we don't remove him because it's an open community, despite the pras/unity spam getting on peoples' nerves at times, he's still a contributor in his own way and shouldn't be shunned.

That time still hasn't passed and I am sure you'd be fine getting back on the loginserver list if you put it on there, registered or unregistered as a worldserver on the list. If that's something that interests you, just do it. You don't need to seek approval from everyone to validate your servers' existence, or what the features are, or whether it's open source or not. If you had followed that path, this exploit would've been fixed, all the 'changes' you made to make AC work would have been probably accepted via a Git pull request should we have confirmed they are valid, and you can certainly use whatever database content you feel like using with whatever ruleset.

There's people that may hate you like some members of P99 and these forums, but P99 and Rerolled aren't EQEmulator, nor are they your playerbase. You have a following, you should act to help that following, make it grow, and contribute back to what makes us a whole.

I enjoyed the time I played PlanetSide 2 with your outfit. I know you're a chill dude sometimes. I'm the same way. But freaking out didn't serve me well, and chances are it won't ever serve you well either.

We're even, now. You trolled with cheating on P99, I trolled with an exploit.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I really hope he responds in his usual manner. That's always fun.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
kegz is afraid to post here again. his ego is too fragile, he'll have another meltdown if he gets rickshawed again.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, but, the luls to be had far outweigh the temporary damage to his ego. It must be done. Think of the children, Kegz.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
he has already read that post, but he is going to, "in his mind," be the bigger man and not respond

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Had a nice conversation with Kegz on a random EpicEmu stream that someone linked to me after someone accused a friend of mine of being me, and also accused me of attacking his server with DDoS attacks...

Well, guess what, I was, but they weren't ddos attacks, they were EQEmu protocol level exploits, and it's been fixed for a while. My fun is over now that I got a reaction from him, so here you go, full scoop:
There's an 8 month old exploit, which I even said I'd be willing to fix given the chance, that several people in EQEmulator have knowledge of well after it's been fixed. Well, I'm a person of my word, you can find the fix for this here, Mr. Toop:Fixed a performance issue involving std::string and EQStream identificat... · 1ebf88a · EQEmu/Server · GitHub

And I may as well post the script, which does not work on any other server that is up to date on EQEmulator.

Kegz, if you want to be taken seriously in your server adventures, there's a community of nice folks out there in EQEmulator who would have tolerated you had you given them the chance, and probably still will. Hell, Tyen's even in our coders channel and we don't remove him because it's an open community, despite the pras/unity spam getting on peoples' nerves at times, he's still a contributor in his own way and shouldn't be shunned.

That time still hasn't passed and I am sure you'd be fine getting back on the loginserver list if you put it on there, registered or unregistered as a worldserver on the list. If that's something that interests you, just do it. You don't need to seek approval from everyone to validate your servers' existence, or what the features are, or whether it's open source or not. If you had followed that path, this exploit would've been fixed, all the 'changes' you made to make AC work would have been probably accepted via a Git pull request should we have confirmed they are valid, and you can certainly use whatever database content you feel like using with whatever ruleset.

There's people that may hate you like some members of P99 and these forums, but P99 and Rerolled aren't EQEmulator, nor are they your playerbase. You have a following, you should act to help that following, make it grow, and contribute back to what makes us a whole.

I enjoyed the time I played PlanetSide 2 with your outfit. I know you're a chill dude sometimes. I'm the same way. But freaking out didn't serve me well, and chances are it won't ever serve you well either.

We're even, now. You trolled with cheating on P99, I trolled with an exploit.

Be the change you want to see in the world.
lol @ cyber drama.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fuck this server tho.

People put so much time into it, through beta testing and through ongoing bug reports only for it to be wiped time upon time, and stupid shit like the new patch where he re-added the level 51 req. for Club of the Ice Ocean when level requirements didn't exist in Velious...

So might as well wreck it.

7btPsi2.jpg

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck this server tho.

People put so much time into it, through beta testing and through ongoing bug reports only for it to be wiped time upon time, and stupid shit like the new patch where he re-added the level 51 req. for Club of the Ice Ocean when level requirements didn't exist in Velious...

So might as well wreck it.
I put almost a year into this server before Kegz showed his looney side on these forums. Wreck away, my friend.