The solution to all your pet smell woes.. Or any smell..

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So I bought a puppy a few months back which inevitably involved cleaning up shit and piss until I could get him housebroken. I had cordoned off an area of the ground floor near the back door to be his "living space" until trained, and within 24 hours the entire area smelled like a toxic shit warzone. Even once trained, the ground floor still smelled like "doggy", and once I safely migrated him upstairs there would still be that occasional wet dog odor, not to mention his bed would start to reek if I didn't wash it every three days or so.

Early on in this process when the ground floor still smelled like dogshit and I would be embarrassed to open my front door, I was searching or anything that could get rid of the smell. I tried scented reeds and Airwicks, which basically made the room smell like flowery shit. I even went out and spent $250 on a high end Honeywell HEPA filter designed for an area 3X the size, and it barely made a dent in the odor. I was desperate.. After extensive research I stumbled across some reviews on pet forums for an obscure product called a "Critterzone"http://www.critterzoneusa.com/pages/home. According to the reviews, it was a miracle device, with one women saying it even kept the kitty litter room of her six cats smelling clean. Looking at the device/technology itself, it seemed too good to be true-- no filters to change, no scent to refill, and the device itself is no bigger than a can of Coke. I was desperate though, so I set myself up for disappointment and ordered the device online for $85. When it arrived at my office a few days later my skepticism actually jumped 3 notches--the device was even smaller than I thought and had a tiny fan, no way it could clean up the air in a 700 sq foot space.

So when I arrived home I was greeted by a defcon 1 level turdstorm. I cleaned it all up and then plugged the Critterzone in and went to watch TV. Came back a few hours later and there was NO shit smell, just an odd but not unpleasant odor I can't describe. Already impressed, the true test would come the next morning when I could see how it could deal with live turd. Low and behold, I walk down the next morning (preparing for the wave of shit smell to hit), and there was NO SHIT SMELL despite there being a mountainous turd not five feet from me.

So flash forward a few months, and I now have two more Critterzones in the house. Not only does it deal with the dog smells, but also every other source of bad odor. I have since disposed of every other air deodorizer product in the house and use these exclusively. Not only do they work 100X better, but I'm not buying filters or scented oil refills every month.

If you are looking to deal with an odor problem of any type, do yourself a favor and pick one of these babies up. Seriously a miracle product in an area that desperately needed one.

rrr_img_44596.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Has it given you cancer yet?

Seriously though, that almost does seem too good to be true. Interesting...

Agraza

Registered Hutt
So is dog shit worse than frenzied wombat shit? It seems like each critterzone would make it +2/+2.

I78jAfZ.jpg

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Trust me, the only reason why I bothered writing all that was because for once, in a sea of useless gadgets making empty promises, this device not only went above and beyond, but also did it in a way that involves no ongoing costs or hassle. So yes, it did blow my socks off in a sense-- the ROI on spending $80 for something that keeps your place smelling great despite you almost standing in a turd is priceless.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
Ozone generators get rid of foul smells. Critterzone says it isn't an ozone generator. They're probably lying.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Those that like it say it smells like fresh air. Those that don't like it say it smells like chlorine. Beyond ionizing the air they don't say how it works.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are you cleaning the dog's area with an enzymatic cleaner to neutralize the smell completely? If not you are getting hit two-fold by the reek you are smelling and if you can smell it the dog's nose can smell it and he thinks that is where he is supposed to shit and piss.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why are you not crate training the dog? Normally crate training helps the house breaking process very quickly.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Are you cleaning the dog's area with an enzymatic cleaner to neutralize the smell completely? If not you are getting hit two-fold by the reek you are smelling and if you can smell it the dog's nose can smell it and he thinks that is where he is supposed to shit and piss.
Yeah, I should buy shares in Nature's Miracle after all the cleaners I bought.

As for what it smells like, it is really hard to describe. First off, it only emits a noticeable odor in heavily stinky areas. As the area smells better, the intensity of whatever the unit generates decreases. However, even at its strongest, it definitely isn't an unpleasant odor, just something you've literally never smelled before. Chlorine might be a reasonably close description, but still not accurate imho. I've asked guests what they think it smells like, and I've got everything from "some type of cleaner", "electricity", "fresh hotel room", "wind off the beach", and "the smell on the walkway when boarding a plane" (lol?). Bottom line, it doesn't smell as good as some flowery air freshener, but smells a thousand times better than the smell you are trying to get rid of.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Why are you not crate training the dog? Normally crate training helps the house breaking process very quickly.
He's pretty much 100% trained at this point, I was mainly referring to the past in my review. He has his accidents, and the little fucker refuses to go outside if it's wet/rainy, but we're managing at this point to get the majority of his turds outside..He does have a crate which he sleeps in overnight, and we did initially start housebreaking him with his crate, however after firing the afternoon dog walker for almost killing him by taking him out in 104F weather to play fetch (he's a bulldog), it meant he'd have to spend 6 hours home alone in the afternoon and he simply couldn't hold it while in the crate. So we had to cordon off an area (that contains his crate) and just put piss pads down for the afternoon layover.