The Spring 2019 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Another week, another baller episode of Demon Hunter. Not sure if that cat was a demon or just a regular cat. Those evil things can appear out of thin air.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This guy has an interesting take that it's gonna be an anime owned by the same group and that is.......

Log Horizon - I'd love to see Naotsugu and Akatsuki interaction with the rest. Shiroe would fit right in with Ainz and Tanya.

Also other tidbits from below..apparently Tanya the Evil & Overlord writers are D&D buddies and there won't be more Overlord unless Tanya gets a S2 & S3.

I would say Shield Hero is almost certain. This is a corporate decision to boost shows that are certain to have a next season. The other is to give voice actors extra work and somewhat lower their fee for doing regular shows. Shield Hero clearly fits both of those.

That being said I would love Death March paired with Shield Hero.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A whole year? Damn... I was hoping we'd get lucky and only have a 6 month break. Season 3 has been great.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Season 3 has been terrific, felt like the first two seasons were a prologue.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I remember jumping way ahead in the manga to where the story is right now and I got really confused really fast. Read like two chapters and noped out.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember jumping way ahead in the manga to where the story is right now and I got really confused really fast. Read like two chapters and noped out.
I solely read the manga and still can't make sense of it. The artist just draws everyone too similar to each other and he suddenly pops in new characters without ever establishing them. Confusing as fuck. I guess I should start watching the anime.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yo, that might be the best god damn episode of OPM i've ever seen.

• 2Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Oh my God, I think I came about 40x watching that OPM episode.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The change in animation style got OPM2 of to a bad start, but the story and these last couple episodes have pulled it through. Great stuff.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really watch Anime but I just happened to see Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix the other day.

I gave the first episode a shot. liked it so much that I wound up watching the whole season over the next 24 hrs. I always really enjoyed all those Japenese shows/games from the 90s/early '00s that have a lot of sci-fi, psychology and religion mixed up together so I dunno how I missed this for 20 years.

Also, Naworu is clearly supposed to be something akin to the second coming of Christ. I'm surprised after talking with my friend today people don't get this.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Neon Genesis Evangelion

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Attack on Titan?

Yeah there's a timeskip and a mostly new cast of characters/setting, the old characters do come back as protagonists though. It's pretty fucking awesome when they show up.

You need to read it in order, but nows the perfect time to jump in since there's an obvious clean break to slot into.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Nah I mean I literally picked the chapter where Grisha is young and his sister gets killed. I hadn't read the manga at all prior to that but had scene all the episodes.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't really watch Anime but I just happened to see Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix the other day.

I gave the first episode a shot. liked it so much that I wound up watching the whole season over the next 24 hrs. I always really enjoyed all those Japenese shows/games from the 90s/early '00s that have a lot of sci-fi, psychology and religion mixed up together so I dunno how I missed this for 20 years.

Also, Naworu is clearly supposed to be something akin to the second coming of Christ. I'm surprised after talking with my friend today people don't get this.

Evangelion is, and will always be, 100% fucking batshit even by weird ass anime philosophical standards.

Change my mind.

• 1Like