The Stock Trading and Shitposting thread.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
i grabbed gold, silver and bullets in 2007. it took a long time to discover just how full of shit the world was. maybe this time ...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
My current MTD PnL is just under $5300.

A $5300 PnL represents a 15% return on my entire trading account (went from $35K to just over $40K).

That's a 15% return in 2 weeks, while some of our posters like Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes are HOPING for a 15% return in a YEAR by buying UNH.

1713024850829.png

I have a 79% win rate which is very high by day trading standards, typically a day trader will aim for 60%. This means I'm much more careful and choosy about my entry points though I can still miss them. Most of my 10 losses are poorly timed entry points where I quickly exited out and took a small loss. I day trade this way because I believe that day trading should be low risk and low stress if done correctly.

My profit PnL is 6500 and my loss PnL is only 1200. Meaning that my 15% MTD return is generated by making $5 for every $1 I lose. My low risk, low stress strategy is about risking little to make a lot. I never average down, I never ride a stock down into the basement. If I'm on the wrong end of the price action, I exit the trade, take the loss and wait for a better reentry point.

1713025578381.png

I dont look at PE ratios and other company "fundamentals" because they are largely fake and gay metrics of a company operating in a fake and gay market that exists in a fake and gay economy that's built like a house of cards. Clorox bleach company has a PE ratio of 230, for example and it gives no fucks. I look at market sentiment, macro economic factors and what industries are carrying the markets. These are metrics and indicators that actually matter, to make rational sense of the irrational markets. These days I mostly trade semis, GPUs, sometimes branching out to other tech based on various announcements mostly related to partnerships and acquisitions. Basically anything that smells like AI. I have the Mag 7 permanently up on my chart board. Occasionally I will trade biotech or other small caps that have good price action and strong daily charts

Here's what i traded in April

1713025211892.png

Here's what I traded this year
1713025259145.png

If you like what you're seeing and want to learn more, PM me about our investing and day trading club Stock Pals. We trade together in Discord every morning, share tips, strategies and call out plays.

We want more members because that give us more knowledge, more experience and more eyes on the market.

Last edited:
  • 1Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My current MTD PnL is just under $5300.

A $5300 PnL represents a 15% return on my entire trading account (went from $35K to just over $40K).

That's a 15% return in 2 weeks, while some of our posters like Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes are HOPING for a 15% return in a YEAR by buying UNH.

View attachment 524571

I have a 79% win rate which is very high by day trading standards, typically a day trader will aim for 60%. This means I'm much more careful and choosy about my entry points though I can still miss them. Most of my 10 losses are poorly timed entry points where I quickly exited out and took a small loss. I day trade this way because I believe that day trading should be low risk and low stress if done correctly.

My profit PnL is 6500 and my loss PnL is only 1200. Meaning that my 15% MTD return is generated by making $5 for every $1 I lose. My low risk, low stress strategy is about risking little to make a lot. I never average down, I never ride a stock down into the basement. If I'm on the wrong end of the price action, I exit the trade, take the loss and wait for a better reentry point.

View attachment 524576

I dont look at PE ratios and other company "fundamentals" because they are largely fake and gay metrics of a company operating in a fake and gay market that exists in a fake and gay economy that's built like a house of cards. Clorox bleach company has a PE ratio of 230, for example and it gives no fucks. I look at market sentiment, macro economic factors and what industries are carrying the markets. These are metrics and indicators that actually matter, to make rational sense of the irrational markets. These days I mostly trade semis, GPUs, sometimes branching out to other tech based on various announcements mostly related to partnerships and acquisitions. Basically anything that smells like AI. I have the Mag 7 permanently up on my chart board. Occasionally I will trade biotech or other small caps that have good price action and strong daily charts

Here's what i traded in April

View attachment 524574

Here's what I traded this year
View attachment 524575

If you like what you're seeing and want to learn more, PM me about our investing and day trading club Stock Pals. We trade together in Discord every morning, share tips, strategies and call out plays.

We want more members because that give us more knowledge, more experience and more eyes on the market.

I mean, we saw the same kind of thing during the Covid craze, where stocks only go up. And that’s great to not be diversified and be singularly focused…until it isn’t.

San isn’t arguing to have boomer stocks so that he can hopefully get 15% growth over 20 years. He’s looking at it to balance out his diversification so that he has some things that’ll still be there if everything falls apart. Which…is the entire point…of diversification.

The fundamentals remain the fundamentals. And you can criticize them all you want to, but if the market goes to shit, I imagine that your profits will also go to shit.

Either way, I can’t argue with the money that you’re making, so congrats to you. It just may be a short-lived philosophy to not base your investments on fundamentals.

Do this successfully for three to five more years, in down markets too, and you might be on to something.

• 1EyeRoll

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean, we saw the same kind of thing during the Covid craze, where stocks only go up. And that’s great to not be diversified and be singularly focused…until it isn’t.

San isn’t arguing to have boomer stocks so that he can hopefully get 15% growth over 20 years. He’s looking at it to balance out his diversification so that he has some things that’ll still be there if everything falls apart. Which…is the entire point…of diversification.

The fundamentals remain the fundamentals. And you can criticize them all you want to, but if the market goes to shit, I imagine that your profits will also go to shit.

Either way, I can’t argue with the money that you’re making, so congrats to you. It just may be a short-lived philosophy to not base your investments on fundamentals.

Do this successfully for three to five more years, in down markets too, and you might be on to something.

Markets are always volatile. Traders make profit on volatility not fundamentals.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Markets are always volatile. Traders make profit on volatility not fundamentals.

Your statement is half true.

Traders CAN make profit on volatility. Traders WILL make money on fundamentals. The guaranteed money is always slower going, but so are the losses.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

This is nothing like the COVID craze. COVID bubble was fueled by trillions of dollars of stimulus and other free fed handouts being funneled to retail investors. That is not happening right now.

Man, I WISH we were still in the COVID craze. Instead the markets are being choked by interest rates and lack of cuts.

If everything falls apart, holding a health insurance company isn't gonna do shit for your diversification. If that's what you're considering then start diversifying into gold and silver.

The more obvious answer of course is that Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes has spent 2+ solid years spouting his bullshit here, because no one bothered to challenge on his terrible "insights" and terrible advice.

He is bad at this and he gives really bad advice. He'll post a chart once in a while and spout some mealy mouthed bullshit and everyone who doesn't understand technicals (which almost all of you) is impressed.

I'm just finally calling him out on it and posting proof that I'm not talking out of my ass.

I let it slide for a long time, but I had to draw the line at "buy before the earnings call and average down if the earnings call is bad". That is some of the worst financial advice you can give someone. That can seriously ruin people's retirement accounts, 401Ks and their entire lives. It was irresponsible and foolish.

P.S. Here's a fun thought experiment. What will happen to private health insurance if Dems finally get to implement their universal government healthcare once they stack Congress with enough communists in the next 10 years? How's that 20 year "buy it and forget it" plan looking like now?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Your statement is half true.

Traders CAN make profit on volatility. Traders WILL make money on fundamentals. The guaranteed money is always slower going, but so are the losses.

Traders make money on volatility not fundamentals. Palum Palum is 100% correct.

Look at the stocks that are day traded and the ones that aren't. You will never see day traders trade stocks with narrow ATR

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This is nothing like the COVID craze. COVID bubble was fueled by trillions of dollars of stimulus and other free fed handouts being funneled to retail investors. That is not happening right now.

Man, I WISH we were still in the COVID craze. Instead the markets are being choked by interest rates and lack of cuts.

If everything falls apart, holding a health insurance company isn't gonna do shit for your diversification. If that's what you're considering then start diversifying into gold and silver.

The more obvious answer of course is that Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes has spent 2+ solid years spouting his bullshit here, because no one bothered to challenge on his terrible "insights" and terrible advice.

He is bad at this and he gives really bad advice. He'll post a chart once in a while and spout some mealy mouthed bullshit and everyone who doesn't understand technicals (which almost all of you) is impressed.

I'm just finally calling him out on it and posting proof that I'm not talking out of my ass.

I let it slide for a long time, but I had to draw the line at "average down if the earnings call is bad". That is some of the worst financial advice you can give someone.

P.S. Here's a fun thought experiment. What will happen to private health insurance if Dems finally get to implement their universal government healthcare once they stack Congress with enough communists in the next 10 years? How's that 20 year "buy it and forget it" plan looking like now?

I remember now why I had you on ignore.

You can't decouple your /pol posting style in other areas of the forum and it makes you untenable. I've been learning from folks like Blazin, Sanrith, Jysin, etc. for years now and you pop up after a few weeks of profits with a pea-sized bag talking shit. It makes it impossible to take you seriously, which I realize now I never should've in the first place.

Back to ignoring this thread. Good luck!

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I remember now why I had you on ignore.

You can't decouple your /pol posting style in other areas of the forum and it makes you untenable. I've been learning from folks like Blazin, Sanrith, Jysin, etc. for years now and you pop up after a few weeks of profits with a pea-sized bag talking shit. It makes it impossible to take you seriously, which I realize now I never should've in the first place.

Back to ignoring this thread. Good luck!

I don't have a /pol posting style. I write the same way everywhere.

However, I understand that not everyone can cope with it (like you) so I made this separate thread to keep this type of thing separate from the sacred safe space "Investment thread".

You can go back now to that thread and back to investing into dinosaur zombie companies that meander lifelessly from quarter to quarter, gambling on earnings calls and then "averaging down" when the earnings calls are bad and tank the stock price. I'll be here in this thread getting a year's worth of SPY returns every 2 weeks.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
you pop up after a few weeks of profits with a pea-sized bag talking shit. It makes it impossible to take you seriously, which I realize now I never should've in the first place.

You love to see them contradict themselves in a span of 20 minutes just because they got super rustled.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You love to see them contradict themselves in a span of 20 minutes just because they got super rustled.

Both of my statements are correct. Even bling squirrels find nuts. It doesn’t mean that I should take their nut finding advice.

• 1Potato

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Both of my statements are correct. Even bling squirrels find nuts. It doesn’t mean that I should take their nut finding advice.

Come with me and I'll show you how to make money too.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
No Chinese scam stocks please

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
A trading thread with a shitposting style. I can dig it. Sissy-Mary transvestites who get their frilly undies in a twist at RealTalk can cry me a river.

Araysar is having good results; pleased to see it. I'm looking to get back to a proper $25K daytrading account again in the next six to eight months. Having to start rebuilding with cash accounts, though, but the last two weeks I think I've finally mastered all my personal foibles that have held me back for years. I have never been suited to long periods sitting and watching the stock squiggles, so it's been a tough road. Since 2002, actually, on and off, with about 11 real total years messing with this shit, with $320K or so of total losses between failed trades and commissions, from before the non-commission era ushered in by Charles Schwab. In fact, about 90% of that $320K loss figure can be ascribed to commissions. I used to have days when I'd trade 35-40 times each day, through Scottrade, the cheapest at the time, with $8 in and out. So that's $16 per trade if I didn't stage out, times 40 trades = $640 in sunk costs in a single day, that needed to be overcome before any profitability. WTF was I doing, for God's sake? I was supremely confident in my ability to ultimately figure it out, but for fuck's sake... There's self-confidence, and then there's just doing things stupidly, and the two can certainly run concurrently.

But, I'm a stubborn son of a bitch, so I'm still in it. If you ever master this game, and can turn the corner, all the downward trajectory turns into an unlimited potential upward trajectory for the rest of your life. Worth the effort, in my book.

So, I got an infusion of oil mineral rights residuals at the end of Feb, and able to start in again. Made 45% on my cash account in February, while half-assing it, waiting for the real money I knew was coming at the end of the month. then when I actually got some real money to play with, I entered "try-hard mode" and it was a completely red month, five weeks in a row. But I've gotten back control, have chilled out, and for over two weeks have done every thing I've always told myself I need to do, consistently and with discipline. The result has been 10% the first week of April, then 15% last week, and I'm currently up 8% this week. Cash account, no margin.

I only give a damn about the three best stocks of the day at any given moment, and I don't let my focus drift beyond those. When I'm really disciplined and patient, I ignore them until they're up at least 30% from the open, so I don't blow through my buying power chasing small fry and later miss out when something really separates itself from the pack later in the day, but I'm not always able to resist the trading temptation on setups under 30%. To me, the "best" means, very simply, percentage movement from the open. Pretty obvious, really, but I keep my focus exclusively on those because I have learned that WAY too often I miss setups in the very best stocks of the day, usually THE best stock of the day, when I imagine things are going to stay boring for awhile, and I let myself go searching elsewhere because I feel a NEED to trade (Always a red flag if you feel this.) And, naturally, while I'm dicking around with some stock that looks promising at the 12th spot on my scanner (ranked, again by % gain from the open) that is up a piddling 9% from the open, but has a pretty pattern that might be expected to get me another 5-10%, the best stock which is up 45% from the open starts a run up to 70, 90, or 120 percent from the open. (And about 8 -10 times a year runs up over 500% on the day.)

I'm tired of that happening, so only the three best of the day for me. I've decided that focus is my most important mental resource, and it can very easily be spread too thin, and directed to the wrong places. Guard your focus carefully. For me that means the 3 best only, with the assumption that what has gone up nicely should be EXPECTED to go up some more, unless it shows me very clearly otherwise.

It's working so far. Up 1.1x1.15x1.08 = 1.3662, or 37% in 13 days. Again...CASH account, without access to the leverage of margin.

Been doing this forever, have made all the mistakes. Ask me whatever. Hope to help.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
This was my trade on RENT on 11 April. Was the best of the day at the time, I do believe, already up 63% from the open by the time I latched onto it. I dunno, I guess I was slow on the uptake that day...

As classic a continuation as you can get...symmetric extension after consolidation, and trendline resistance break....right at a full-dollar price level of $16. Beautiful.

1713408328032.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like