The Summer 2019 Anime Thread

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I don't think so. It's on Kissanime, I know. I haven't read the LN - I heard the manga isn't as good. The first episode definitely gave a Dungeons and Dragons Rappan Athuk feel to it with the labryinth of Orcus, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Arifureta was ok. It was pretty batshit though and hard to follow what was going on. I had to go read a plot synopsis to realize that it just skipped the typical Isekai tropes and jumped right to the interesting shit. Which I appreciate. I laughed at how batshit the dude went. Typical terrified cuckboy to, "LOL IM GOING TO EAT THIS NASTY MONSTER."

That was hilarious.

I generally really like Isekai/LitRPG if the worlds are interesting. Why doesn't everyone eat monsters to gain their abilities though?

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I generally really like Isekai/LitRPG if the worlds are interesting. Why doesn't everyone eat monsters to gain their abilities though?

I would guess it's linked to drinking healing water at the same time, without it, it seems he would have died or maybe it just does nothing without the water. Even when not in the cave and fighting the big monster in the end, he does take a sip after eating a part of the monster.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, and Symphogear is back, fuck yeah!
I have that booked in my head as Idol Hell anime. Is it any good if I don't like Idol anime? Do I have to watch the first season?

Also, I didn't expect anything from Cop Craft, especially when the animation studio did the 2D work for Berserk 2016. But on the other hand they did Teekyuu. I was very pleasantly surprised, but I fear the studio will run out of steam and/or money by episode 4.

LN adaptation, author is Shoji Gatoh (Full Metal Panic and Amagi Brilliant Park) and illustrations by Murata Range, so I expect more small breast loli in strange outfits. His artwork is gorgeous, but it also has this weird fetish styling that makes me uncomfortable at the same time.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They already aired Danmachi Season 2, Episode 0. It just recaps all of season 1. So you could watch that. 27 minute catchup.

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
First episode of Danmachi S02 was good, with an interesting start.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still get a kick out of RL chicks wearing the DanMachi boob-ribbon.

0f4.jpg

There was this article about it when the first season was airing.

Some girls can pull it off. Others aren't quite as "gifted" (as seen above).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hestia is bargain bin Aqua. Who is Best Goddess.

Sorry but I would definitely marry Hestia over Auqa.

I would fuck Aqua but I know I'm going to regret doing so at some point.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She's cute, but so god damn stupid. It would be painful to coexist with her. Hestia is way too jealous about everything, but at least you could (kinda) hold a conversation with her. They would both become tiresome, but Aqua would be a completely loveless existence.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I still get a kick out of RL chicks wearing the DanMachi boob-ribbon.

0f4.jpg

There was this article about it when the first season was airing.

Some girls can pull it off. Others aren't quite as "gifted" (as seen above).
I'm sure you said something, but I want moar of whoever that is.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Heads up: complete Cowboy Bebop series is available for $5 on iTunes. In HD to boot

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lord Melloi and Cop Craft are still the best of this season so far. Arifureta ep2 was better and explained a bit more, looking good. I was kinda expecting more from DanMachi, but its just the first episode.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Maou-sama, Retry! is trash, but it's self-aware and somehow enjoyable trash. Also a Shenmue ad.

Isekai Cheat Magician on the other hand was hard to watch.

Arifureta is a prime example why an author shouldn't publicly shame the creative staff adapting his creation. The staff clearly didn't care anymore.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I thing gigguk said “Iskandar has more charisma/presence on his right thumb than entire volumes of anime”
What a great character, hopefully Melloi keeps up the quality.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That one girl in Arifureta wears a tit shirt. I approve of her fashion sense.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Several dead as 'man sets famous anime studio on fire' sending workers screaming
Kyoto Animation fire: Several dead as burning workers run from Japan 'arson attack'

Several people have died and more than 30 have been injured in a suspected arson at an animation studio in Japan, reports say.

Police have arrested a man who allegedly poured suspected fuel around the anime studio in Kyoto, according to NHK.

The suspect, believed to be 41-years-old, is one of nearly 40 people injured in the blaze, which reportedly started at around 10.30am local time.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ah yes. Arifureta has introduced a loli vampire.

Now I feel at home!

• 1Like