The Summer 2019 Anime Thread

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fire Force is ok. Animation is quality, action scenes approach ufo table awesomeness. I read the manga for a bit but it just really sucked after a couple of volumes. The humor was just so bad. The tone was too schizo for my liking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
First episode of Dr. Stone was decent. Sidekick was annoying though. He's not quite the yell all the time type, but he's close.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dr. Stone seems enjoyable. I'll probably keep watching it. Not going to stick with Fireman though.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Dr. Stone was...OK. I'm getting sick of the yelling guy already.

Anything stick out for anyone this week?

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dr. Stone was...OK. I'm getting sick of the yelling guy already.

Anything stick out for anyone this week?
So far I've watched:
Fire Force - Animation / Artstyle is good, maybe a bit too heavy on "special effects", but solid intro. I'll be disappointed if the MC's baby bro turns out to be the big bad.
Kanata no Astra - Felt like there was a bit too much comedy in this. Hopefully it gets a more serious feel.
Granbelm - Magical Girl... with mechs. /shrug
Dr. Stone - Interesting idea for the story, will continue.
Dumbbell - Less T&A than expected.

None of those shows really stood out as "Gotta watch!" sadly. Maybe some of the other shows I plan on watching will be that way.

Edit: Watched Lord El-Melloi II episodes 00 / 01, and I'm impressed. Best of the bunch so far. Was there a previous season of this?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Edit: Watched Lord El-Melloi II episodes 00 / 01, and I'm impressed. Best of the bunch so far. Was there a previous season of this?

It is part of the Fate series, takes place between the events of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
First episode of Vinland Saga is up on Amazon. 3 episodes are supposed to be released today.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Decided to go ahead and binge it. No real changes from the manga so far other than showing it in chronological order instead of a flashback.

I was hoping we'd get to the death of Thors by the end of episode 3, but it looks like we'll be waiting until next week. I guess England will will have to wait until episode 5.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched "Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou" and I'm wondering if I missed an Ep.00? The show description says its about a high school class that gets teleported to a different world where each has special powers / abilities, except the MC is way below the rest. This Ep. 1 seems to take place well after that event with everyone adjusted to their new world. Weird.

Edit: Also watched Cop Craft. If first episodes are to indicate the quality of a shows season, then Lord Melloi II and Cop Craft are top tier.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They showed a brief glimpse when he was going through his madness of his class before they were summoned. I would guess everything they had in the description will be fleshed out in later episodes.

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
nfa16eh8vz831.png

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
+1 Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

Very awesome anime.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
+1 Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

Very awesome anime.

Really? I don't know, it felt like I missed a bunch of backstory and the MC is super edgy. CGI monster didn't help. I'll give it another ep or two though.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
No lord melloi is a direct spin off of fate zero as far as i know.

Tugged at my heart strings to see Iskandar and Gilgamesh and part of the episode was set in babylon. Loved it.

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
airifutera? gonna have to check where it is airing.

read the light novel, thru several books, decent.

mc is going to "die" in the dungeon during a fight (blasted off a bridge by a jealous classmate he gets trapped DEEP in the dungeon and adapts to eating monster flesh/getting their powers via a milk thing he finds) and that is where he gets his power up,
book 1 deals with the xfer, them leveling, him "dying" and using his power to adapt/get powers then he is a typical OP mc style harem. end of book 1 is him meeting the vampire girl at the bottom of the dungeon and escaping the dungeon, book 2 is bunny girl who is super strong and can see the future. he really does not meet up with his classmates again for several books

• 1Like