The Tanoubliette: Pussy Hurt and Delusions or TTPHAD for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well, that is one interpretation. That your history class didn't talk about theMoon Landing, or Watergate, nor did your science class teach you elementary engineering.

Or maybe you are just an idiot or simply didn't pay attention or crack open a fucking history book or a science book your entire life.
lol

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tooba, bring back the animated avatars.

Earthworm Jim can go attempt to cross a sidewalk and die.
Earthworm Jim is the tits. Sure, it's awkward, clunky, stiff and unforgiving. But it's also gorgeous, varied, clever and funny. Bugs the crap out of me when Youtubers claim the Genesis got the superior version. The first level on the SNES had multiple layers of background with a sun that causes lens flare when it peeks out from behind mountains... Stunning. The Genesis version had a flat, dull, dithered background... blech. The OST was also far better on the SNES, with outstanding use of crystal clear samples that brought Tommy Tallarico's compositions to life, compared to the tinny, scratchy mess that was the Genesis's sound. Sure, the Genesis version had one more level, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Of course, the Sega CD version had even more levels as well as a soundtrack that surpassed even the SNES's in quality (redbook audio, after all). Still ugly as sin, though.

Earthworm_Jim_19_%2528SNES%2529.png

earthworm_jim_u__004.gif

One of the finest tracks in video game history:

Earthworm Jim 2 was also excellent. Everything after that was shit, though. Come to think of it, I still have my Earthworm Jim action figures in their original packaging somewhere... good times.

Sulrn

Deuces
Earthworm Jim is the tits. Sure, it's awkward, clunky, stiff and unforgiving. But it's also gorgeous, varied, clever and funny. Bugs the crap out of me when Youtubers claim the Genesis got the superior version. The first level on the SNES had multiple layers of background with a sun that causes lens flare when it peeks out from behind mountains... Stunning. The Genesis version had a flat, dull, dithered background... blech. The OST was also far better on the SNES, with outstanding use of crystal clear samples that brought Tommy Tallarico's compositions to life, compared to the tinny, scratchy mess that was the Genesis's sound. Sure, the Genesis version had one more level, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Of course, the Sega CD version had even more levels as well as a soundtrack that surpassed even the SNES's in quality (redbook audio, after all). Still ugly as sin, though.

Earthworm_Jim_19_%2528SNES%2529.png

earthworm_jim_u__004.gif

One of the finest tracks in video game history:

Earthworm Jim 2 was also excellent. Everything after that was shit, though. Come to think of it, I still have my Earthworm Jim action figures in their original packaging somewhere... good times.
And it came out in an age of platformers and added nothing to the genre besides another attempt at outlandish comedic humor that several other franchises tried to do as well.

I'm not saying it was good or bad game franchise, but I will say that [to me] it was as flat and uninspiring as the still-image avatar you were wearing.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
And it came out in an age of platformers and added nothing to the genre besides another attempt at outlandish comedic humor that several other franchises tried to do as well.

I'm not saying it was good or bad game franchise, but I will say that [to me] it was as flat and uninspiring as the still-image avatar you were wearing.
I see. I actually really like the colors in that image. It's like a neon chiaroscuro.

We fundamentally disagree on the merit EWJ has earned, but that's OK. I'm lucky enough that when I went through my "create video game gifs" phase in my teens, Miss O'Neil was on my radar.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Played through Earthworm Jims 1 & 2 last night... They hold up surprisingly well! A variety of set pieces and gimmicks help every stage seem unique. I particularly enjoyed the completely optional world in EWJ where you must navigate terrain in complete darkness. The levels are littered with enemies who are only visible by their glowing eyes, which pays off in the finale when you discover the huge red eyes of a "boss" who you need to run away from until you reach a high enough spot from which you can jump over him and make your way to the exit, all without being able to see the ground. Good stuff.

latest

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Earthworm Jim had terribly clunky controls. That's auto-fail in a platformer for me. I guess it was "funny".

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Earthworm Jim had terribly clunky controls. That's auto-fail in a platformer for me. I guess it was "funny".
The game had flaws (not the least of which was the controls), but it was possible to overcome them with a bit of patience. I don't see EWJ as a mediocre platformer running on a gimmick of try-hard humor, I see it as a solid (if imperfect) platformer with a lot of variety and unique set pieces and an exceptional amount of attention paid to presentation. I'm a big fan of presentation, so I suppose I'm willing to overlook some flaws in a game if it makes up for it in other ways. EWJ 1 & 2 fal into that category.

Sulrn

Deuces
You got me. I constantly confuse you and Noodle and was imagining him - Sean-style anime body pillow and all.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I was told today that I did not have the proper language to discuss anything about Muslims. I needed to check my "Christian privilege" even though he admitted I had said nothing to indicate my religion. I am unable to understand their plight and need to listen to them and believe.

This was from a Silicon Valley guy who is actually quite smart and quite well off financially, I just could not believe the cognitive dissonance. We hear about it all the time but I have never experienced it so blatant from a person who I thought was a friend.

The best part was that I am not necessarily a bigot, I just have "bigoted opinions".
The fact that he said "proper language" seems to imply you used a word or expression that he thought inappropriate if not counterproductive to the discussion at hand. What did you say to "trigger(tm)" this response?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Itz, criticizing what you're doing from the left is not cheering the far right. I know it looks that way for an ideologue, just like when an evangelical calls atheist criticism 'the work of the devil'.
Quoted for posterity.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So yeah, you said some shit you don't actually have facts to back up. Feels all around. You feel like the Clinton Foundation has "violated infosec laws" so you just go on the assumption that it is true, never bothering to even do the cursory research to understand what that phrase means let alone if it is true. You claim that the Clinton Foundation engages in quid pro quo, and when pressed for details you just flail about OMG IT'S OBVIOUS, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? insert Carl the cuck.jpg.

If this discussion was happening about anything other than Hillary you guys would be falling g over yourselves to point out how illogical and stupid it was. But Hillary, so feels.
Not true. I can think of at least 2 other topics for which feels trump evidence every single time it comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.