The Tanoubliette: Pussy Hurt and Delusions or TTPHAD for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
a_skeleton_03 meant it was an instant RRP in the sense that it wasn't 3 separate warnings applied, rather it was 1 3 point warning. khalid (and everyone else) means that it wasn't like 1 post bam you're RRP'd for seemingly one thing.

As usual you're mixing terms and making no sense, don't know why we would expect any different.

• 3Like
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
a_skeleton_03 meant it was an instant RRP in the sense that it wasn't 3 separate warnings applied, rather it was 1 3 point warning. khalid (and everyone else) means that it wasn't like 1 post bam you're RRP'd for seemingly one thing.

As usual you're mixing terms and making no sense, don't know why we would expect any different.
This

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>

"mixing terms" = "using literally the exact same words"

Fuck you, Cad.
He insta-RRPed me, in any fucking sense of the term. Stop trying to play semantics games to justify that pussy shit.

If he had a problem with the way I was posting, it was his fucking duty as a mod to assign me an infraction/warning, NOT to continue arguing with me in bad faith then dropping the hammer with an insta-ban when he realized he couldn't keep up. And that's IF he could justify it by pointing to a rule I was breaking, which he couldn't. It's mod powertripping, pure and simple.

• 2Triggered
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Faggotry

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Quaid Quaid : Yes, it seems Sarkeesian believes there is a problem with misogyny in gaming (and other fields). Was that your claim?

• 3Picard
  • 1Faggotry

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Fuck you, Cad.
He insta-RRPed me, in any fucking sense of the term. Stop trying to play semantics games to justify that pussy shit.

If he had a problem with the way I was posting, it was his fucking duty as a mod to assign me an infraction/warning, NOT to continue arguing with me in bad faith then dropping the hammer with an insta-ban when he realized he couldn't keep up. And that's IF he could justify it by pointing to a rule I was breaking, which he couldn't. It's mod powertripping, pure and simple.
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Fuck you, Cad.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
"being delusional and unable to accept reality"

That's the "rule" I broke to get insta-RRPed. Nothing subjective or biased about that at all! That's exactly what we wanted out mods doing, right? Passing judgement on the content of our posts and RRPing us instantly if they don't like it?

• 1Hodjing

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
"being delusional and unable to accept reality"

That's the "rule" I broke to get insta-RRPed. Nothing subjective or biased about that at all! That's exactly what we wanted out mods doing, right? Passing judgement on the content of our posts and RRPing us instantly if they don't like it?

I'm sure there's some other forum out there you can grace with your informative and helpful discussion if you don't like this one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Quaid Quaid : Yes, it seems Sarkeesian believes there is a problem with misogyny in gaming (and other fields). Was that your claim?

I'll refresh your memory:

Gone through the the top 20 videos of 'GTA 5 killing hookers'. Fewer than1 1.5 million views.

65+ million copies of GTA 5 sold, plus pirates and used re-sales. Since we can't count those though, I'll round it up to an even 70 million copies (it's much much more than that).

Assuming all hooker killing views on those videos are unique (no fucking way, but I'll give you a freebie), that's 2% of the player base. Worst case scenario. Two percent. One in 50 players watched a video about killing hookers.

ITS AN EPIDEMIC OF GAMER MISOGYNY.

Where does she say that there is "AN EPIDEMIC OF GAMER MISOGYNY"?

I dont' give a fuck about your feels, Khalid. What you "feel" is being said is worth half a rat's turd. I can show you Sarkeesian making claims that specific types of content in video games lead to a change in attitudes towards women. That is nowhere near the same thing as saying there is "an epidemic of gamer misogyny", and no amount of hand-wringing busybodyism on your part is going to change that.

Oh, wait, wait... Going to cry about semantics games again? Funny how words have meanings only when you want them to, otherwise it's just semantics games.

"There's a toxicity within gaming culture, and also in tech culture, that drives this misogynist hatred...the industry has a problem with women, that sexism and misogyny are quite prevalent both in the larger culture and within the games."

-Anita Sarkeesian, 2014

Let's see how quick Tanoomba is to 'admit he was wrong' that Sarkeesian does believe there is an 'epidemic of misogyny' in gaming. I suspect we'll get several posts debating the definition of 'epidemic' or 'prevalent' instead.

• 2Ice Burn
  • 1Haram
  • 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'm sure there's some other forum out there you can grace with your informative and helpful discussion if you don't like this one.
As I've said many times: I love this forum. This our best iteration yet.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to let mods away with hypocrisy-fueled blatant power abuse.

It's our first batch of elected mods, though. Stuff like this was bound to happen. Soon enough we'll start getting a better idea of who can/can't do the job properly.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'll refresh your memory:
Thanks, appreciated.

I admit my train of thought was still focused on the "sexualized vulnerable female" video, where she doesn't say anything close to that.

But in the Rolling Stone interview, she does say it. It's clearly based on her very specific experience with what she considered to be representative of the culture, but she does say sexism and misogyny is prevalent in gamer culture.

You got me. I asked where she said it and you showed me.

• 2Like
  • 2Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Thanks, appreciated.

I admit my train of thought was still focused on the "sexualized vulnerable female" video, where she doesn't say anything close to that.

But in the Rolling Stone interview, she does say it. It's clearly based on her very specific experience with what she considered to be representative of the culture, but she does say sexism and misogyny is prevalent in gamer culture.

You got me. I asked where she said it and you showed me.

Appreciated.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Just a persistent idiot.

OK. Might as well get a list going...

Things mods will target you for:
-being "delusional" *
-being "unable to accept reality" *
-being a "persistent idiot" *
-being "dishonest" *

What was the other one? Something about "arguing style"? I'm not making this list for my benefit, though. If we're serious about these being deplorable qualities ("toxic" was one troglodyte's word, I believe) worthy of being punishable by an instant RRP, then we really do need to work them into our official rule list. I'm not being sarcastic. That's why we fucking have rules.

* I know what you're thinking, but don't worry. Even though all these traits sound like what everybody has thought about anybody that disagreed with them about anything ever, you have the mods' assurances that mod bias and mob rule will not play a role in deciding who qualifies for these descriptions.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Tanoomba, should there be written laws against adultery?

Since there aren't, do you find infidelity is acceptable behaviour?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Tanoomba, should there be written laws against adultery?

Since there aren't, do you find infidelity is acceptable behaviour?
Marriage can be annulled on grounds of adultery. Stupid argument is stupid?

• 1Ice Burn
Status
Not open for further replies.