The Tax Collector (2020)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Tax Collector (2020)

Genre: Crime, Thriller, Drama

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Lana Parrilla, Elpidia Carrillo, Chelsea Rendon, Cinthya Bornacelli, George Lopez, Cheyenne Rae Hernandez, Noemi Gonzalez, Gabriela Flores, Bobby Soto, Rene Moran, Cle Shaheed Sloan, Casper Smart, Lee Coc, Randy Gonzalez, Michelle Jubilee Gonzalez, Quinn Early, Jay Reeves, Ricardo Gonzalez, Brendan Schaub, Zailee Madrigal, Marco Morales, Karrie Martin, Juan Carlos Cantu, Cinthya Carmona, Steve Louis Villegas, Valentina Latyna Plascencia, Paola Paulin, Cuete Yeska

Release: 2020-11-20

Plot: David Cuevas is a family man who works as a gangland tax collector for high ranking Los Angeles gang members. He makes collections across the city with his partner Creeper making sure people pay up or will see retaliation. An old threat returns to Los Angeles that puts everything David loves in harm’s way.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Thanks for the morning laugh. Those fake assed fighter ears and the tough guy act had me rolling.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I watched this.....

This isn’t even in the same league as Training Day or End of Watch. It’s predictable, no surprises. No amazing shootouts. Just lots of crappy music and shitty tatts. Like 2/5 stars if that. Bright spot was George Lopez. That’s it....

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was reading you could buy fake cauliflower ear attachments. Just to make it "look" like you're a fighter. People are crazy.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It was really a different movie than I was expecting from the previews. It wasn't too bad but it wasn't nearly as good as Ayers' other works.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why is it so hard to create a decent movie? Sometimes someone will make a shitty film, but had crafted an intriguing world which the characters reside in. Or they fit a great actor into a meaningful role and get a memorable performance out of it.

None of that was accomplished here. Forgettable in every way.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Why is it so hard to create a decent movie? Sometimes someone will make a shitty film, but had crafted an intriguing world which the characters reside in. Or they fit a great actor into a meaningful role and get a memorable performance out of it.

None of that was accomplished here. Forgettable in every way.

I think that this, and Megan Fox's Rogue, are in the same cinematic universe. It's prequels for Transformers.

Look I tried not every joke will be a success :)

Jozu

It mine as well be. Its incredible how bad some of these movies are. This idiot tattood his whole chest for a bad movie, lol.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
So people saw that Shia LeBeouf was in this... and thought it might be good?
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
shia in real life is... pretty weird, but he's been in some pretty good movies. peanut butter falcon was actually a really well done movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Peanut ButteEr Falcon was great.

The Tax Collector went to shit right when they have the meeting in the garage. Everyone talking about riding til the wheels fall off. Right there it should be re-written. Having Creeper go crazy soldier. Having that guy at the start who was short $$$? Have him show up with all his guys as back up. A good shoot out some place.

Nope. It goes off the rails to shitty movie town. I fast forwarded to the end just to be even more disappointed.

Jozu

Creeper is a cool street name though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database