The Terror

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only a few episodes in, so it's a little early, but looking like this show is going to get the Arden Seal of Excellence. Recommend checking it out if you haven't yet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Captain Randall. Fucking hate that guy's face.

That dude is generally cast because he is so easy to dislike. He was Brutus in HBO's Rome. Ironically, the guy leading the expedition (Ciarán Hinds' character) was Caesar in HBO's Rome.

Between Hinds and Jared Harris, the makers of this show picked some top acting talent. Had no idea that Jared Harris's father was the actor Richard Harris until a few days ago.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I just caught the first two episodes yesterday. Pretty good so far as it's creepy enough and the setting is pretty damn nice. You can tell they spend alot of money on the sets and props, no cheap stuff here. Felt a bit skeptical about it before I saw it and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just caught the first two episodes yesterday. Pretty good so far as it's creepy enough and the setting is pretty damn nice. You can tell they spend alot of money on the sets and props, no cheap stuff here. Felt a bit skeptical about it before I saw it and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is.

Apparently actually built one of the ships which helps lend a lot of authenticity to the look of what they are doing.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Apparently actually built one of the ships which helps lend a lot of authenticity to the look of what they are doing.

Holy crap I was looking at some scenes and thinking wow that's a pretty great set/props for both the internal and external ship parts, didn't know they built it. That's awesome.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why the fuck did it bring her a seal?

To feed her. I am guessing the bear thing is at least partly her grandfather or something of that nature. I don't think that makes her immune to it but clearly there is some vestige of him in there.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Captain reaponded much to harshly tonight. Going to foster mutiny now.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
My question is why did it take 5 months before you decide to talk to the Eskimo chick who seems to be doing quite well on her own out there in the cold with a demonic polar bear running around.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. He should done that forever ago. He should have given the men some light punishment so he does not encourage insubordination but also as a reward for not being retarded and ignoring the obvious.

Also is that scurvy they are coming down with?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My question is why did it take 5 months before you decide to talk to the Eskimo chick who seems to be doing quite well on her own out there in the cold with a demonic polar bear running around.

That sort of confused me as well why are you just letting this eskimo chick live that close to you for 5 months and how is she still alive with demon bear running around. That raises some very legit questions but I also agree with the captain wait for daylight such as it is. Going out during the night randomly seemed like a good way to get some men killed. The punishment seemed extreme but from what I have read about how discipline worked on those ships it probably was not that far out of the ordinary. The guy who got whipped pretty well deserved it and getting that lippy up in your captains face does not end well.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup even without random polar bear demon things they were pretty much cursed.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great show but what a weird ending. Someone please explain to me what was the deal with the gold chains.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I enjoyed it a lot. Demon bear wasnt even necesasary. Humans were way more brutal. And it was a really bleak show.

I thought he just went nuts in the end and put the gold chains on for whatever crazy reason. But I also didnt understand the word he said.

gak

<Gold Donor>
If they would have left out the alien creature or whatever it was they could've tightened the show by a couple of episodes and made it great.
Overall I enjoyed it, 7/10.

0.jpg

• 1Solidarity