The Theism Thread

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
This whole Thor, Odin Zeus thing is kind of moot. Surt is the real bad ass you need to look out for. He is the guardian of the realm of Muspell, the first world according to Norse tradition, and wields a flaming sword. At the end of this world he will slayALLof the gods and burn the world with fire.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This whole Thor, Odin Zeus thing is kind of moot. Surt is the real bad ass you need to look out for. He is the guardian of the realm of Muspell, the first world according to Norse tradition, and wields a flaming sword. At the end of this world he will slayALLof the gods and burn the world with fire.
fucking metal

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Bitch, where is Odin. I want him to kill me if he is so manly. I will take him.

NO. HE CAN'T.

My god will kill you after life.

GG.
Your god sounds pretty weak if he can only kill me once I"m already dead...

I never said Odin was manly. I've been arguing he's kind of a punk this whole time.

Thor and Zeus on the other hand...

The Hindus have somepretty badass gods. Durga octuple-wields melee weapons and has a pet cat that snacks on infidels.

Durga_2005.jpg

Durga_2005.jpg

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Your god sounds pretty weak if he can only kill me once I"m already dead...

I never said Odin was manly. I've been arguing he's kind of a punk this whole time.

Thor and Zeus on the other hand...
You die infinite times.

HAVE FUN.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't think it works that way.

If it did man would my life be awesome.

I'd spend all day coming up with new interesting ways to off myself, fully knowing I'm just going to wake up tomorrow whole again.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it works that way.

If it did man would my life be awesome.

I'd spend all day coming up with new interesting ways to off myself, fully knowing I'm just going to wake up tomorrow whole again.
IN HELL FIRE.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hell is a made up place.

Valhalla, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure exists.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I always planned on making my firstborn son kill me in single combat so I could go to Valhalla when I die and be among the gods. But then I had all girls so now I guess I have to just wander around picking fights.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lol no, not even remotely. In fact pretty much all the archaeological evidence is against the Bible going all the way back to the Pentateuch. King Josiah had most of the first five books written entirely for political propaganda purposes.

Check out The Bible Unearthed for a fairly recent, fairly complete layman's overview of the archaeological evidence which has mounted against the Bible over the past century. And realize, too, that archaeologists began from the premise that the Bible was, on some level, historically accurate in terms of the story of Abraham, Moses, the Exodus, and the founding of Israel, and yet not a single ounce of archaeological evidence thus far supports the Biblical accounts. No Exodus. No cities in Canaan in the time period in which the Bible describes the conquering by the Israelites, no fortified cities with walls to come atumblin down, in fact Egypt owned the territory at the time and forbade cities from building fortifications, and when they didn't, the Hittites did, and also forbade cities from having fortifications. They, like Rome, built their own guard posts and territorial barriers with their militaries, fortifications in the region were just asking for obstinent cities to rebel against their rulers.

So much of the Bible is fiction, its the least legitimate historical document in existence. The entire Pentateuch was written in the 7th and 8th centuries, half a millenia after the supposed events that they depict occured, yet surprisingly, the document details, almost perfectly, what that region looked like politically in 7th and 8th centuries.

Here's a video of James Randi completely demolishing the idea that the city Jesus was supposed to have been born in even existed at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxEJHO8KIXY

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes but there is proof for Thor.

not really, but it would be awesome if true, because Thor was badass

Fyro

Golden Squire
Ya'll might think your gods got it going, but don't underestimate the power of the panpipes.

Fansy taught me well.

Pan would kite Thor/Zeus/Odin/Quetzalcoatl at the same time all the while wearing them all down.

Show of strength is meaningless if you can't catch up to my man (Satyr) Pan.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Ya'll might think your gods got it going, but don't underestimate the power of the panpipes.

Fansy taught me well.

Pan would kite Thor/Zeus/Odin/Quetzalcoatl at the same time all the while wearing them all down.

Show of strength is meaningless if you can't catch up to my man (Satyr) Pan.
Mercury.