The Tomorrow War (2021)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
/shrug

Honestly not sure why it needed to be a time travel movie to begin with?

Just do Aliens show up and start killing people. Do some first act action scenes.

Time-jump 6 months.

Things are so desperate that we start recruiting civilians. Do some second act action scenes.

Time-jump 6 months.

Humanity on the brink, science-teacher-hero figures out he needs to go to Russia because the crashed space ship the "weapon-aliens" escaped from also has a "kill-them-all-safty-switch" or whatever. Do some third act action scenes.

The end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whole thing feels like it was written by a couple middle-schoolers who just finished watching Edge of Tomorrow and Aliens and crammed together a bunch of ideas that made no sense but sounded awesome. They threw ideas together and kept one upping each other.

We'll send the worlds elite military squads into the future to fight. No fuck that. Lets draft randoms and send them off to fight in a war against aliens. I know, lets make them go fight for a WEEK! And if they live, the government pays them 100k for a WEEKS work! No fuck that the government gives them

train reality GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

my 1 min elevator pitch
future people show up with an alien, tell the world in 25 years, millions of these fuckers will fall from the sky and kill 99.993% of the world population in 2 years. they are from a future that lost and by coming back have erased that future and being time displaced will only be able to help for days.
montage kids being trained their whole lives to fight, developing mech suits, crazy weapons and tanks. then 1 hour of non-stop alien carnage.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
my 1 min elevator pitch
future people show up with an alien, tell the world in 25 years, millions of these fuckers will fall from the sky and kill 99.993% of the world population in 2 years. they are from a future that lost and by coming back have erased that future and being time displaced will only be able to help for days.
montage kids being trained their whole lives to fight, developing mech suits, crazy weapons and tanks. then 1 hour of non-stop alien carnage.
Yes yes yes, but what about representation?

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
my 1 min elevator pitch

Yes but only if you make it so the people traveling through time have to fall 5 - 10 feet onto their face. For reasons.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I sort of get the drop you 5 -10 feet off the ground thing as the try not to splinch people as you teleport them in.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What happens to humanity now that the immediate threat is resolved and we now live in a world where everyone knows time travel is possible?

spronk

FPS noob
my 1 min elevator pitch

that sounds like ONE movie, i was really looking for THREE movies crammed into 2 hours ok

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happens to humanity now that the immediate threat is resolved and we now live in a world where everyone knows time travel is possible?
Probably nothing because they acted like losing the one bridge was the end of the world when they had nearly 40 years to recreate it and more.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Are you saying the current rule of no more than one white male on screen at any given time except for the father and son scenes isn't good enough?

Yeah, I guess his father could have been black.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Are you saying the current rule of no more than one white male on screen at any given time except for the father and son scenes isn't good enough?

Yeah, I guess his father could have been black.
Movies quality should be judged by the number of marginalized faces on the screen, not white ones.

Goatface

that sounds like ONE movie, i was really looking for THREE movies crammed into 2 hours ok
think i got it

act 1-7 about 8.5 mins each, act 8 1 hour, act 9 - 5 mins

act 1 - future battle, introduce team rainbow 12 members, 7 races, 24 genders
act 2 - team rainbow tasked with carrying the blueprints for time travel machine from china to the oil rig, the 2 token whites die.
act 3 - at the oil rig, the engineers have been killed, but team rainbow know a guy, but he is a pacific islander, a fierce fighter and won't leave his people. they go talk him into it, 6 members of the team die.

act 4 - time machine built, a 50 person panel is assembled to pick the most diverse group to send to the past.
act 5 - more debate on who is really diverse and can they go back far enough to free the slaves. 4 remaining members of team rainbow catch an alien
act 6 - time travel time, training and work begins
act 7 - it is uncovered that minorities represent a slightly higher percent of those being trained a soldiers and factory workers, riots go on for years. riots only end after lebron james is elected president.

act 8 - aliens show up - war
act 9 - the end

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm watching this now and not going to read any posts so flame me, whatever.

But for fucks sake they are shooting .223 which is shit for deadly fire out of 8 inch fucking barrels so its traveling like half its velocity capability. None of these chucklefuck future warriors or current time draftees made it a point to at least mention a fucking .308 16inch barrel to actually penetrate or any kind of 50 cal batteries to lay waste. They are fleshy, wtf. So many plot holes.....

...like chief and foremost:

Fuck the future, stay in the current timeline and get ready for them. We have 30 years to develop new orbital defense weapons or cold fusion freeze on site weapons or whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm watching this now and not going to read any posts so flame me, whatever.

But for fucks sake they are shooting .223 which is shit for deadly fire out of 8 inch fucking barrels so its traveling like half its velocity capability. None of these chucklefuck future warriors or current time draftees made it a point to at least mention a fucking .308 16inch barrel to actually penetrate or any kind of 50 cal batteries to lay waste. They are fleshy, wtf. So many plot holes.....

...like chief and foremost:

Fuck the future, stay in the current timeline and get ready for them. We have 30 years to develop new orbital defense weapons or cold fusion freeze on site weapons or whatever.
This is one of the 1000 problems with this. Why are they giving them low caliber bullet hoses that can't penetrate the armor of the aliens instead of high caliber hunting rifles. Shit bust out the old M1 gurands those fucking things would have a way better shot at penetrating and MUCH better damage on any penetrating hit and stopping power. Little .223 shit is fine for humans but I wouldn't recommend that shit for hunting anything bigger than man sized as is let alone heavily armored aliens.