The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you black? If so then you can't be racist!
1sNWr6L.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think Trayvon would have attacked Zimmerman if he had brandished the gun.
You don't think that? There's a reason why it's called the "fight or flight" response.

Not everyone says "Oh shit, get away", some are wired to go "Oh, shit it's on - gotta take them out first"

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't think Zimmerman showed any racism, but I also don't think it adds much to the discussion to link abunch of extreme BS from facebook. On the extreme sides of every issue you have crazies. Lets keep that shit in the wtf or FSR.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It adds to the discussion because people only think its racist if it's a white person saying the stuff. Black people are racist too, as evidenced.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Da fuk does it matter if Zimmerman is a racist? If the nog hadnt attacked him, he would not have got shot. What gave Trayvon the right to assault Zimmerman?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
everyone has their own theory on "what really happened" but very few stop to think what likely happened when using logic. and in either case using your bias or your intellect, unless you got anything substantial to back it up besides "feelings" then you're shit out of luck. and this prosecution is very shit out of luck.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I think we are focusing too much on the 2nd degree murder charge. The prosecution hasn't even come close to proving that.

However, if you start thinking in terms of manslaughter, then they have a much stronger case. Still not enough, since it seems clear to me that Zimmerman was justified in stopping someone from banging his head on the sidewalk, but something a jury could definitely do.

Siliconemelons

After reading more articles of how awesome that witness is because we cant understand her as whites... wtf? Her story is unwavering? ha.

Really it all comes down to something that certain people groups hate doing... taking responsibility for ones actions.

Action Martin started the confrontation

OR

Action Zimmerman started the confrontation

if it is proven in the court that Martin took that action- no one will say he should take the responsibly for said action- in this case that ended with his life.

if it is proven in the court that Zimmerman took that action- everyone will demand that he take responsibility for said action- in this case, give up his life to prison.

Blame someone else, blame the evil whites that imprisoned people you most likely are not even related to a long time ago for all your problems. For goodness sake my 'people' where slaves way back in the day also- holy shit I blame everything on that. Your life and your actions are your own- own up to them and move forward.

Edit: should the responsibility of this action be so dramatic as to be someone's life? No- no one would ever think that- both parties walking down the street that day never once in their mind said to themselves "I think I am going to die today for XYZ reason" or "I think I am going to kill someone today for XYZ reason"

Zimmerman looked distraught or confused after he shot Martin, that proves... well nothing imo that the article said it does- it proves he is not a cold blooded killer- if he just popped a few caps off and then wondered off on his merry way- there would be some issues to that.

but very few stop to think what likely happened when using logic
i guess for the sake of the thread then, here's what logically happened:

1. zimmerman is on ultra-watchman duty due to a recent rash of crime
2. zimmerman sees a thug looking, unfamiliar guy
3. trayvon sees a sketchy cracker eyeballing him
4. they eventually confront each other
5. they fight, Trayvon wins the tussle
6. Zimmerman shoots trayvon because Trayvon has him mounted

Zimmerman is at fault because he had no authority to confront Trayvon.

Carrying your firearm is actually more reason to avoid confrontation... because you're probably going to shoot somebody if shit goes down.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess for the sake of the thread then, here's what logically happened:

1. zimmerman is on ultra-watchman duty due to a recent rash of crime
2. zimmerman sees a thug looking, unfamiliar guy
3. trayvon sees a sketchy cracker eyeballing him
4. they eventually confront each other
5. they fight, Trayvon wins the tussle
6. Zimmerman shoots trayvon because Trayvon has him mounted

Zimmerman is at fault because he had no authority to confront Trayvon.

Carrying your firearm is actually more reason to avoid confrontation... because you're probably going to shoot somebody if shit goes down.
sorry azeth, logic does NOT =hyperbole

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I agree with Azeth's take on my IMPRESSION of things, but it's hard to say with absolute certainty what happened - there's plenty of "if" wiggle-room for a small detail to change things.

In a perfect sensible world however, Zimmerman would've just stayed back as instructed by both the operator and the Neighborhood Watch he wanted to be part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.