The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
If he isn't racist, why does he need a perspective on race issues. The whole thing is so comically dumb.
To save his reputation. He doesn't even actuallyneedto get more perspective (although I imagine he would anyway, anybody would), he just has to give the impression he has. This is even easier to do if he's already not a racist.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ha ha! That's right, try to dismiss me because I'm calling small-minded racists out on being small-minded racists.
Tell me brother, how would you define racism so it's an intellectually justified decision?
I'd love to hear it.
I have no need to, I'm not arguing that, and don't give a shit about it. You may want to take a minute to ponder the great (and smart) people of history who were racist, because racism and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive. Your example further sucks in that just because a fat dietician has no self-control doesn't mean he's clueless about health issues and eating.

It's like you don't really think ahead, you just kinda vomit out the first thing that comes to mind.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Why? To placate race baiters like you?
Jesus, I covered this. What's with you guys and reading?
Obviously, he's under no obligation to placate anybody. But when the consequence of not doing so is to live the rest of your life as a racist villain (whether the reputation is deserved or not) with people spitting on you and threatening your life on a regular basis (which I don't think is too hard to imagine might end up being the case), it could work out better for Zimmerman himself to do a little placating. Again, by playing his cards right he could turn it all around and become a hero and make a tidy profit while doing so. It's win/win all around. Well, except for Treyvon.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What's going on in this thread Araysar? Cliffs notes please.
Tanoomba is white knighting delinquents and thinks we should all live with blacks for few months to gain perspective on race issues

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I have no need to, I'm not arguing that, and don't give a shit about it. You may want to take a minute to ponder the great (and smart) people of history who were racist, because racism and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive. Your example further sucks in that just because a fat dietician has no self-control doesn't mean he's clueless about health issues and eating.

It's like you don't really think ahead, you just kinda vomit out the first thing that comes to mind.
Not at all, brother. The whole reason I chose the fat dietician example isBECAUSEhe may still very well be an expert on health issues and eating. I'm saying it doesn't matter how much of an expert he actually is, people aren't going to take him seriously because it appears he is unable to even take care of himself.
I already said a racist could actually be right on the money with his opinion on a race-related issue. I'm saying (again) that it's difficult to take this person's opinion seriously when they've already demonstrated an eagerness to make judgments based on nothing but race (this is what racism is).

There were great and smart people who were wrong about a lot of things. Racism is obsolete and fucking stupid. It has no place in today's world, least of all in a country that prides itself on its freedoms. It's ridiculous that I'm having a conversation with someone who's defending it.

*sigh* And before someone decides to get cute and point out that our freedoms include the right to be racist, I already know. We're allowed to be racist. We're allowed to be assholes. We're allowed to be stupid. Doesn't mean any of these do anything but make the world a worse place for everyone.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Complains about racism, lives in a country without blacks.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Complains about racism, lives in a country without blacks.
What the fuck are you... really?

Really, man?

Would nobody else here point out the multiple layers of stupidity operating in that sentence?
Fucking. Wow.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
What the fuck are you... really?

Really, man?

Would nobody else here point out the multiple layers of stupidity operating in that sentence?
Fucking. Wow.
Bro, where do you live? How many blacks do you see annually?

Fedor

<Banned>
reposting this

i1tcITEQWJDE5.png

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
It's pretty sad because you shouldn't be able to get away with killing someone (let alone a child) just because they beat you up a little bit.
Actually yes you should, and I'm sure there are millions of women who would agree with that statement. Defending the right of one individual to harm another makes you a dumb fuck.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'm defending racism here? Is there secret writing only you can see?
"Hey, don't forget all the great things racists did throughout history! Why, you can be a racist and still be intelligent!"

Racism is an exclusively negative trait. It reflects nothing good about someone's character. Racism, like religion (very muchlike religion, actually) usually comes about through exposure to and absorption of racist attitudes (from, say, one's parents or social circle). Now, a racist can get a great education and have a high IQ and be full of great ideas, but until that person can acknowledge that racism is based on ignorance (which honestly shouldn't be hard to do if they're really that smart) and change their outlook, they'll still be ignorant. Intelligence isn't an all-or-nothing thing. Racism is a sign of stupidity, regardless of how intelligent a person may be in all other aspects of their life. And when a mature discussion is taking place about race-related issues, guess whose opinions are the least valuable? That's right, the people who are alreadychoosingan ignorant perspective on race.

Is it fair that someone can be right about something and not be taken seriously because they're a racist? Probably not. You know what else isn't fair? Racism. So I guess there's some kind of poetic justice there.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So what areas do you live in where you get to interact with blacks so often?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Bro, where do you live? How many blacks do you see annually?
I live in Montreal and I see black people every day, in my neighborhood and everywhere else. Every class I've taught has had black students in it. There's a black family living directly 2 floors above me, as well as in several houses on my street and in my neighborhood. Fuck your assumptions.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
One attempt at calling New Orleans City Hall for a permit and you will be wearing a Zimmerman/Bill o Reilly tag team t-shirt before you hang up the phone.

Ummmmmmmmmm ahm sorray suuuuur, but ahm afraid yo numba ain't in da systum. Ah mean, if you ordad a pemit, den it should be her

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Racism is obsolete and fucking stupid. It has no place in today's world, least of all in a country that prides itself on its freedoms.
Well said.

You're almost certainly right. Like I said, we should have him live with a black family for a couple of months. Even if he isn't racist, he can be seen as going through a process which gives him more perspective on race issues. He can come out of the experience with insightful observations and an entire black family willing to vouch for him.
This is one of the most racist things I've read in years.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I live in Montreal and I see black people every day, in my neighborhood and everywhere else. Every class I've taught has had black students in it. There's a black family living directly 2 floors above me, as well as in several houses on my street and in my neighborhood. Fuck your assumptions.
why you gotta label them black, they are just people - dont look at skin color bro

super racist post

Status
Not open for further replies.