The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remit_sl

shitlord
It means that you didnt have a teacher manipulate you and other 8 year olds in the 1960s, which is incredibly relevant to the racial concerns of America in 2013.

It is relevant in that children will react differently to those receiving special treatment, but completely irrelevant in that there has been a complete role reversal in the last 50 years in America, fundamentally destroying the "experiment".

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
25 year rehabilitation? Did he kill like 500 blacks?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
All right, here we go.
Everyone's going to contribute their "black people behaving terribly" stories and videos to confirm to each other that yes, you're entirely justified in being racist.
Before you ask, no, I do not condone any of that behavior, nor do I believe that the people involved should not be held responsible for their actions.
I will say, however, that when a society as a whole disenfranchises a group of people, that has an effect on that group of people. (Have you watched the video yet? It really makes this point clear.)
You are now dealing with the consequences of years upon years of disenfranchisement. Does this justify the behavior? Again, no. There is no justification for that kind of behavior. There is a reason why behavior like that came about, though, and it's worth considering. It's not cultural, it's not inherent in the genes, it's not a case of "Kangs gonna Kang". It's a direct consequence of generations of systemic racism.
Now, regardless of the "why" things have become the way they are, we should also consider how we want things to be. Is societal change possible? I like to think so. But I can be damn certain nothing will change as long as the attitudes that continue to perpetuate this vicious cycle refuse to adapt. Keep clutching your racism to your chest like a family heirloom and you will continue to be part of the problem.
I'm not saying go smile at a black person and everything will be sunshine and roses. I'm saying stop hating people you don't know and assuming the worst in them. We're only as civil as we choose to be.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
It means that you didnt have a teacher manipulate you and other 8 year olds in the 1960s, which is incredibly relevant to the racial concerns of America in 2013.

It is relevant in that children will react differently to those receiving special treatment, but completely irrelevant in that there has been a complete role reversal in the last 50 years in America, fundamentally destroying the "experiment".
Wait a second, are you saying that black people have been receiving "special treatment" for the last 50 years and therefore have no reason to complain about anything?
Is this really what you're saying? I want to make sure before I can indulge in a good side-splitting guffaw.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
All right, here we go.
Everyone's going to contribute their "black people behaving terribly" stories and videos to confirm to each other that yes, you're entirely justified in being racist.
Before you ask, no, I do not condone any of that behavior, nor do I believe that the people involved should not be held responsible for their actions.
I will say, however, that when a society as a whole disenfranchises a group of people, that has an effect on that group of people. (Have you watched the video yet? It really makes this point clear.)
You are now dealing with the consequences of years upon years of disenfranchisement. Does this justify the behavior? Again, no. There is no justification for that kind of behavior. There is a reason why behavior like that came about, though, and it's worth considering. It's not cultural, it's not inherent in the genes, it's not a case of "Kangs gonna Kang". It's a direct consequence of generations of systemic racism.
Now, regardless of the "why" things have become the way they are, we should also consider how we want things to be. Is societal change possible? I like to think so. But I can be damn certain nothing will change as long as the attitudes that continue to perpetuate this vicious cycle refuse to adapt. Keep clutching your racism to your chest like a family heirloom and you will continue to be part of the problem.
I'm not saying go smile at a black person and everything will be sunshine and roses. I'm saying stop hating people you don't know and assuming the worst in them. We're only as civil as we choose to be.
I dont like ghetto trash, whether its black or white.

Black people who wear polo shirts and slacks and say "ask" instead of "ax" get along with me just fine.

Remit_sl

shitlord
Wait a second, are you saying that black people have been receiving "special treatment" for the last 50 years and therefore have no reason to complain about anything?
Is this really what you're saying? I want to make sure before I can indulge in a good side-splitting guffaw.
Are you a minority in America? Are you aware of the programs available to only minorities in America? Re watch that experiment with that in mind. It might just explain modern day racism in America.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Are you a minority in America? Are you aware of the programs available to only minorities in America? Re watch that experiment with that in mind. It might just explain modern day racism in America.
Holy shit, that really was what you meant.

*clears throat*
BWAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HAHAHA!

rrr_img_33964.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I dont like ghetto trash, whether its black or white.

Black people who wear polo shirts and slacks and say "ask" instead of "ax" get along with me just fine.
This. Everyone you are calling racist just doesn't like a sub-culture in our society that is worthless.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All right, here we go.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9157481

Yep, breaking into someones home with intent to rob/rape/murder. Luckily the guys who shot these Kangs dead were hispanic, most likely mexican, so at least we won't have president Obama weighing in on this shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.