The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Everyone on the internet thinks everything is right or wrong, good or bad, black or white(pun intended). Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
A man died because of actions Zimmerman took. I do not believe he is a cold blooded murderer, i just believe he should have some responsibility for his actions.
As a society i believe most of us just want some justice. We want people being held responsible for their actions, which seems to be such a terrible thing these days.

If a person driving drunk runs a red light and kills someone i'm sure they never left their house intending to kill someone, but they did something wrong and usually they are punished for it.
Why are you freaks defending this guy so vigorously? I'm not sure what his punishment should be thats why we have courts, but we have a dead boy, someone has to pay.

This is what i want to stand up for, justice, this nation has has gotten too soft. Everyone gets a second chance, everyone has an excuse, everyone is innocent as long as they are delusional enough to believe it.
I am angry mostly because the internet crowd seems to be the type that would rather a 1000 murderers go free then 1 innocent man go to jail. Well i am here to remind people that that sounds great but i believe our whole history would be vastly different if our forefathers had that attitude. It's time to start reacting, to start caring again. People who would rather brush things under the carpet and poke fun at everyone as being a liberal or a racist. How about believing in justice? Is the notion dead?

I live in Orlando a couple streets down from where Casey Anthony's parents live. I don't want to start a lynch mob and blindly accuse, then sentence Zimmerman.
I just want someone, somewhere to stand up and tell me why a young man had to die, before his time. Why someone got to choose that fateful day who was going to live. Was it a jury of peers who chose his fate, like the folks deciding Zimmermans trial.
Why does that courtroom, that justice seem so wrong to some of you? But a lone man, with a gun, making a decision in a few seconds to forever change two lives, this is ok?

I don't want to see another death go unpunished, another public trial where too many people get caught up in the wrong discussion. Someone died here gentlemen. Lets not forget that.
The law in Florida allows for use of deadly force when ones life is threatened. Zimmerman was assaulted and used his legal right to shoot the attacker. Now is the law stupid as its written? Quiet possibly. Is Zimmerman guilty of murder? Not unless the prosecution can prove that he was the instigator of the altercation.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
He has a point though. A guy killed another guy. That isn't something that should be taken lightly. Unless of course you're asserting that your life is worth less depending on what color your skin is.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Everyone on the internet thinks everything is right or wrong, good or bad, black or white(pun intended). Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
A man died because of actions Zimmerman took. I do not believe he is a cold blooded murderer, i just believe he should have some responsibility for his actions.
As a society i believe most of us just want some justice. We want people being held responsible for their actions, which seems to be such a terrible thing these days.

If a person driving drunk runs a red light and kills someone i'm sure they never left their house intending to kill someone, but they did something wrong and usually they are punished for it.
Why are you freaks defending this guy so vigorously? I'm not sure what his punishment should be thats why we have courts, but we have a dead boy, someone has to pay.

This is what i want to stand up for, justice, this nation has has gotten too soft. Everyone gets a second chance, everyone has an excuse, everyone is innocent as long as they are delusional enough to believe it.
I am angry mostly because the internet crowd seems to be the type that would rather a 1000 murderers go free then 1 innocent man go to jail. Well i am here to remind people that that sounds great but i believe our whole history would be vastly different if our forefathers had that attitude. It's time to start reacting, to start caring again. People who would rather brush things under the carpet and poke fun at everyone as being a liberal or a racist. How about believing in justice? Is the notion dead?

I live in Orlando a couple streets down from where Casey Anthony's parents live. I don't want to start a lynch mob and blindly accuse, then sentence Zimmerman.
I just want someone, somewhere to stand up and tell me why a young man had to die, before his time. Why someone got to choose that fateful day who was going to live. Was it a jury of peers who chose his fate, like the folks deciding Zimmermans trial.
Why does that courtroom, that justice seem so wrong to some of you? But a lone man, with a gun, making a decision in a few seconds to forever change two lives, this is ok?

I don't want to see another death go unpunished, another public trial where too many people get caught up in the wrong discussion. Someone died here gentlemen. Lets not forget that.
What probably happaned;

Zimmerman went to martin and wtf are you doing here, martin doesnt take kindly to that and attacks him.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
What probably happaned;

Zimmerman went to martin and wtf are you doing here, martin doesnt take kindly to that and attacks him.
What probably happened: Zimmerman shouted at Martin "you're in the wrong neighborhood, American Inventor!", got jumped, pussied out and drew his gun.

There is exactly as much evidence for my hypothesis as yours.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
What probably happened: Zimmerman shouted at Martin "you're in the wrong neighborhood, American Inventor!", got jumped, pussied out and drew his gun.

And? Even if that's exactly how it happened he shouldn't be convicted of murder.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Had Zimmerman done anything criminal, he would be held responsible for it. As is, he probably didn't do anything criminal. So you just want someone, anyone punished for a death whether it was criminal or not?

Driving drunk is criminal conduct... can you point to what Zimmerman did that was criminal conduct? (That there is evidence of, of course.)

This entire paragraph makes no sense and has no rational point.

He died before his time because he (presumably, according to the evidence we have) decided to bring fists to a gunfight. Sometimes what happens in life isn't fair, isn't "justice", and isn't a happy ending. Sometimes life sucks. Martin made a fucked up decision if he decided to attack Zimmerman for following him around. Similarly, Zimmerman is a fucked up individual if he attacked Martin, Martin fought back, started winning and THEN Zimmerman shot him... in that case, it really is second degree murder. However, we have NO EVIDENCE that happened. Appeals to emotion and notions of justice for dead boy and "SOMEONE SHOULD PAY!" are just meaningless rancor that adds nothing. Go post this drivel on that Justice for Trayvon facebook page.

Zimmerman didn't really get to make that decision. According to the evidence, he was attacked and used what he had to defend himself. It turns out the law allows deadly force to respond to such an assault.

You're right, someone did die here. The sad part is, you want some justice, and you don't care whether the guy who shot Martin is criminally liable or not... you just want him in prison for life. And yet you act offended that Zimmerman was able to make the decision to end Martin's life, without regard. I thought you wanted the judge and jury to decide for Martin, but you'll be outraged if the same happens for Zimmerman? Oh wait, only if he's found innocent. If he's guilty, then you'll say "the system worked!" ?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Your hypothesis still results in a perfectly viable self defense claim. Racism simply has no bearing on the issues at hand.

Darshu_sl

shitlord

Not true

Per the prosecution:
Jeantel has consistently said she heard Martin ask Zimmerman why he was following him. But in an earlier account, she said Zimmerman replied, "What are you talking about?" But on the stand she said Zimmerman replied, "What are you doing around here?"

Neither is "you're in the wrong neighborhood, American Inventor!"

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Zimmerman called 911 FORTY SEVEN TIMES IN ONE YEAR to report people that were the wrong color to be in his neighborhood. He was a racist, paranoid nutjob with a gun. This was going to happen sooner or later, and while it's probably going to end up being the correct result based on how our justice system is set up, it's still sad that he's going to get away with it.

You know the guy jerks off every night thinking about his epic victory.
Do you have a source for that? Reading up on things last night the number I saw mentioned was under 20, and most of the calls were not to 911 but to a non-emergency dispatch number. Including his call the night he had the incident with Martin. He did not call 911 that night. As the neighborhood watch captain it makes perfect sense that he would be in touch with the police on a regular basis given the number of break ins the neighborhood had been experiencing.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I think he is going to be found guilty of manslaughter. The jury will want to do something about Trayvon dying.

They will want to find someone to blame. Yet Trayvon died because he thought the correct response to someone following him was to physically assault them. To his bad luck that person happened to have a gun and was able to defend themselves. However, that conclusion isn't comfortable to a lot of people, so Zimmerman is going to get convicted.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think he is going to be found guilty of manslaughter. The jury will want to do something about Trayvon dying.

They will want to find someone to blame. Yet Trayvon died because he thought the correct response to someone following him was to physically assault them. To his bad luck that person happened to have a gun and was able to defend themselves. However, that conclusion isn't comfortable to a lot of people, so Zimmerman is going to get convicted.
They'd have to almost completely ignore the instructions they are going to get from the judge for that to happen. Not saying it won't, anything can happen with juries... but that would run pretty directly counter to the jury instructions they will receive.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What hootie typed out is just the worst fucking appeal to emotion argument gussied up with some pretty language. Those are the words of a demagogue who wants the law set aside in the name of vengeance.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I just want to ask Hootie one thing:

You are aware that the Founders, the people who wrote the second, fourth, fifth, and sixth amendments, the people who owned slaves and instituted slavery into US law and later defined slaves as 3.5ths of a person, are the people you claim wouldn't agree that a white man who shot a black guy for assaulting him should go free, correct?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You act like 47 times is a huge number. He was being a neighborhood watchman WHO IS SUPPOSED TO CALL when he sees suspicious people. Most likely many of those calls were followups to the first call of an incident also.

You have zero evidence that he was calling 911 based on racism, yet we are the ones going full retard? Most likely he made calls anything people he didn't know cut through the neighborhood. Maybe overzealous, maybe paranoid, but not necessarily racist at all.
Note: He was never admitted into the neighborhood watch - he was a WANNABE neighborhood watchman self-appointed by himself.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
You all realize that even after this trial, Zimmerman still has the right to appeal if he loses and could possibly have the verdict set aside by the Florida Appellate Courts for lack of evidence, right?

Merlin_sl

shitlord
He has a point though. A guy killed another guy. That isn't something that should be taken lightly. Unless of course you're asserting that your life is worth less depending on what color your skin is.
Do you make it a goal to insert racism into every single post, or is it everotherpost?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Note: Trayvon wasn't a gang member - he was a WANNABE gangbanger who died like one.
He may have been - just sick of the "Neighborhood Watch Captain" meme going through this thread - he was captain only to himself, he was not part of any group of folks that did it - and in fact ignored the rules of his communities NW group.

Status
Not open for further replies.