The Twilight Zone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Working on Ep 8 now, ... All Good Men ep had me eyerolling out of my eyesockets. Sure, meteorites had *nothing* to do with it, but make sure you add SFX to bloodred their eyes and show veins to draw correlation. But no, totally 100% in their control. The whole male population in a town was secretly evil except for the Johnny Dogood gay white male, who was able to repress his evil feelings, and it totes only affected men. Totes. No women can possibly be evil and destructive. Nope. Just men.

God, can they be more hamfisted after the Wunderkind? Survey says...

This is slowly making a mockery of the Twilight Zone name.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Working on Ep 8 now, ... All Good Men ep had me eyerolling out of my eyesockets. Sure, meteorites had *nothing* to do with it, but make sure you add SFX to bloodred their eyes and show veins to draw correlation. But no, totally 100% in their control. The whole male population in a town was secretly evil except for the Johnny Dogood gay white male, who was able to repress his evil feelings, and it totes only affected men. Totes. No women can possibly be evil and destructive. Nope. Just men.

God, can they be more hamfisted after the Wunderkind? Survey says...

This is slowly making a mockery of the Twilight Zone name.

I'm actually shocked that they made the white gay guy the good one and not the black gay guy. Like legit shocked.

Identity politics are irritating. What the left doesn't realize is that they turn off potential allies. I stopped watching Samantha Bee clips my friends send me once I realized she couldn't get through a single segment (or a single minute) without bashing "white males" in some way even when it isn't even called for. SNL isn't much better in recent years. It's a shame because it's just unnecessary. I never even cared much about this stuff until The Last Jedi ham-fistedly made every villain in the movie a white guy and not a single hero a white guy (except Luke who they turned into a total asshole who messes everything up). Then Rogue One kinda did the same thing. Of course, the only two Imperials who aren't white guys turn out to be heroes (Finn and the Latina captain you play as in Battlefront 2).

Most people would say I'm a white dude at first glance, but I'm 1/4 Portuguese. More importantly I grew up poor / single-parented in a middle-class area so I've faced huge amounts of discrimination over that stuff. Yet in the last few years I've heard over and over that I don't understand oppression or adversity because of my "identity". It's baffling.

Anyway yeah, Twilight Zone, bit of a disappointment. Looking forward to more Black Mirror in a couple weeks at least.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The anti men one was incredibly bad, but the illegal immigrant one actually turned out interesting. The SJW part was over probably 10-15 minutes into the episode.

The lack of self awareness on the part of the writers is bad, but the show still manages to scratch that twilight zone itch sometimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You're travelling into another SJW-fest.
An SJW-fest not only of sight and sound, but of triggering.
A journey into a wondrous land whose pronouns are that of infinite genders.
Your next stop:

9c53500afef259a8a6e224897330f84f.png

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
The immigration one was another hamfisted one - but with an actual twilight zone twist so I was okay with it. I wonder if these episodes are so salt worthy because they are literally just stories pulled from our current political climate vs. a science fiction setting like old twilight zone. I'm sure in 20-30 years (if these episodes ever age well enough to watch by then) we'll see these and go "hmm neat!" because all that shit will be a generation or so in history.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I finally got around to finishing this series off. Most of the shows were blah, I'll admit I snickered some at the last episode though, in context of this thread.
Rod Serling rises from the dead and drags the new show's writer to hell for not 'getting it' ;p
Clearly at least someone involved has a sense of humor.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Its been awhile but I thought it was more like Serling bringing her along to help craft this new era of Twilight Zone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just watched Season 2. Found it to be way better than the first season, with a couple duds but mostly good. The eye-rolling social commentary is still there but it's turned down about 8 notches. There were some creepy stories here that felt much closer to the original TZ. Not sure if anyone's remotely interested after S1 but check it out.

In particular I recommend episode 1, which feels like a Black Mirror episode.