The Twilight Zone

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Episode 3? 🤣

-edit- Anyway, they went full-blown SJW with this... it was awful.
I said I was out, but another episode had downloaded and figured, hey, maybe this SJW stuff was just a fluke. NOPE, episode 4: White man bad.

Deleted the series from my hard drive. Good riddance.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
cz4iek8ae2v21.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm sure this will match up to the original series' hard take downs on Eisenhower and not at all completely date the project.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Inque

FunEmployed
This latest episode the level of cringe is just over the top.

• 1Solidarity

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
Newest episode was good but I cancelled my cbs all access sub so this is the last one for me.

Great filter
Simulation
Aliens
Space

Inque

FunEmployed
If by good you mean barely tolerable, sounds about right. These really needed to be 30 minute episodes, especially this one. There was so much opportunity to fuck with the crew or have them all start second guessing themselves but it didn't actually pick up pace until the last 20 minutes. Soon as homeboy figured out the plot, all of a sudden a solar flare pops up? Then we cut to the guy overhearing the aliens conversation about saving the human race and no CGI budget to even show us the aliens, or determine why they were the ones to show us salvation.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Furthermore, I'm unsure if they were in a simulation or not. If they were (which it seems so as evidenced by the fact dude-man was in the control-room covered in slime a-la the matrix), then what is the point of the Great Filter triumph? Why kill off the ENTIRE battery supply and keep 5 (4 post-trip) alive if it's a simulation? Just keep them all alive on earth without a nuclear winter that destroys the human race to keep their minds placated. Why would they need "Salvation" whatever that means if they're just meant to fuck and repopulate the human race on Mars?

I dunno, the ending seemed like it's just a conflict of resolution to me, but whatever. The show is just a "pick out the SJW moment" exercise anyway (last episodes is having the future of the human race be mixed instead of the one white dude fucking the other white chick... but maybe I'm reading too much into it all). Evil cop was the worst of the eyeroll episodes. The shows are well filmed, generally well acted, and have pretty cinematography, but it just doesn't deliver like old-school TZs do.

They're really pushing the #1015 easter egg. Wonder what's in store for them (us) on Oct. 15th?

Gonna give EP.7 a chance and that's probably it for me. I'm too much a fan of the TZ formula (I also dug Tales From the Darkside when I was real little) to not give it ooone more spin.

Cybsled

4-5 people isn't a viable population for repopulating anyways. Shit would be more inbred than a Lannister family reunion.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here still watching this? I'm really interested to get some takes on the "Not All Men" episode.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lol yeah. “A well regulated”. Typical liberal since he forgot to add “militia” as the fourth word not “guns”. Rod Serling made people actually think about everything from showing not telling. And some of it was also against the far left just as much as the far right.

"Regulated" in this sense doesn't even mean "regulated" like we mean today (As in regulation). Regulated back then meant to be in "working order" or "effective". A "well regulated militia" in other words means, literally an effective, functioning militia. Or a "well armed, lethal militia". What the founders were saying there was that in order for the states to be able to summon up an effective resistance force, the people they summon must be well armed.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Anyone here still watching this? I'm really interested to get some takes on the "Not All Men" episode.

The one with the amazing twist that men are evil because they are and not because a meteor hit?

If I get angry at the sheer stupidity of that Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet , the fucking moron he is, will think I'm only being political! Because why should I be upset this is the level of intelligence we've devolved to, instead of nuanced, chilling insights into the human psyche that binds us all together to something we barely understand...We'll just say "all straight men bad, gay man good!"

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Every TZ episode had a touch of SJW'ness in it... every one. Episode 3 dialed it up to about a 7 with the "white cop bad / black fam good" shit (their interactions were soooo unrealistic and the ending was ultra-cringe) but the Not All Men episode?

tenor (5).gif

The one with the amazing twist that men are evil because they are and not because a meteor hit?
Don't forget, the only non-evil man in the entire episode was the gay guy in an interracial relationship.

THERE'S NO LEFTIST AGENDA HERE THOUGH

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
wait until you get to yesterday's illegal immigration episode

Just saw that one. I didn't mind it because it went to some interesting places with the parallel universe idea. Felt like a hybrid of Man in the High Castle + Black Mirror. If I'm interpreting it right, the main character crossed over from a dimension where WW3 happened to a dimension where the Axis won WW2, with a touch of Mandela Effect thrown in. Maybe I'm reading way too much into it though.

These episodes are hampered in both directions by their length: The half hour of the original series episodes was perfect for stories like this, while the near-hour of these episodes tends to result in things being drawn out and padded. However, at the same time, an hour is too short to really explore any of the concepts past a surface level. I wanted to know more about these dimensions (like if I'm right about WW3 and the Axis victory being the primary drivers of the two dimensions) yet the episode was over before it really got into any of it. Same deal with the aliens/simulation and the aliens/Alaska episodes. They ended right when the idea got interesting.

Every TZ episode had a touch of SJW'ness in it... every one. Episode 3 dialed it up to about a 7 with the "white cop bad / black fam good" shit (their interactions were soooo unrealistic and the ending was ultra-cringe) but the Not All Men episode?

View attachment 208031

I've got a pretty high tolerance for preachy "SJW stuff" when it means well and isn't hurting anybody. You're right about episode 3 and "Not All Men" going overboard though. In episode 3, the unrealistic interactions ("hold on officer, I've got the deed to the car right here!") and the ridiculous ending both pushed my limits a bit, but I liked the premise and even the overall message (the idea that, sometimes, people are just out to get you and there's no avoiding their eventual wrath).

"Not All Men" however was just a smorgasbord of overt in-your-face social justice clichés that made men seem super-creepy. Haven't rolled my eyes that much watching something (besides GoT) in a while. At least the main actress is super attractive to me (probably because she looks just like my first girlfriend) so I was able to get through the episode with that affinity for her. Everything else though...ehhhh. The big tweest about the meteorites just giving men an excuse to be their evil, vile selves was pretty laughable. So many facepalms, so many clichés, so many dumb "anti-woman" phrases that I never actually hear in the real world like the one about smiling more.