The Ultimate Fighter

Scarhand

Trakanon Raider
New season of the ultimate fighter starts tonight. I doubt it's gonna be any better than the last few seasons but Chael Sonnen might be interesting to watch. And if nothing else the first episode where they have to fight to get onto the show usually has a couple of good moments. Anyone think that Jones v Sonnen is going to be good TV?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We always talk about TUF in the MMA thread...
We really don't. We would if we gave any shits.

I'm OK with seeing if it gets more interest as a TV show than as an MMA show.

Personally, I've been watching since halfway through season 1. I haven't really given any fucks about a season since the Heavyweights one with Roy and Kimbo. Which was season 10 back in '09. This upcoming one will be the 17th US season. Most recent season was the biggest pile of nothing yet.

One big problem with the show is the talent pool. A lot of the guys that might have been here in the first few seasons are fighting in Bellator or any of the various smaller US promotions which pay more than they used to.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watch as well, but don't follow the MMA thread because I'm nowhere into the specifics of MMA like that thread tends to be. The main thing the show does for me is help solidify my opinion of various fighters once I see them as coaches. That's why I'm particularly interested in this season because I sense that Sonnen might be a better guy than he portrays. I could be wrong though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sonnen's massive douchebag persona is all an act. Pretty much anyone that actually deals with him comes away talking about how good a guy he is. Hell, even this season there's already been videos and pics of him and Jon Jones getting along like best friends. And Yushin Okami, a guy he beat for a title shot, basically lives at Chael's mom's house him now when he's training with him.

When he's not hyping a fight he seems like a pretty good dude basically.

Scarhand

Trakanon Raider
Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes with this post. I've been a fan of the show for a long time and while I agree that the series hasn't produced any relevant fighters for a while (Dodson maybe, Roy Nelson too, although he's settling into gatekeeper status quickly IMO) I thought that the production quality of last nights show was leaps and bounds over what they've been putting out lately. The live season messed with my DVR something fierce and last season was horrifyingly bad. I'm intrigued by the dynamic between Jones and Sonnen and there's a few fighters that seem like they show some promise. Luke, Uriah and Tor all seem like they might have a little something to them and Dana has been hinting HARD about some beast in the house that everyone is scared of. Should be a good season for a change.