The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2021)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2021)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Tom Gormican

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Pedro Pascal, Tiffany Haddish, Lily Mo Sheen, Sharon Horgan, Jacob Scipio, Neil Patrick Harris

Release: 2021-03-19

Plot: Things spiral out of control after Nicolas Cage, playing a fictionalized version of himself, accepts a $1 million offer to attend the birthday party of an eccentric billionaire superfan and he's forced to channel his most iconic and beloved characters in order to extricate his wife, daughter, and the kidnapped daughter of a Mexican presidential candidate.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a new Nic Cage movie coming out where he plays himself as a CIA asset attending a drug kingpin's party.
It has a release date of March, but there's no way in hell it'll be done by then. Interesting concept though.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
It's not really a new concept though didn't they do the same thing with Jean-Claude Van Damme in the movie by the exact same name?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's not really a new concept though didn't they do the same thing with Jean-Claude Van Damme in the movie by the exact same name?

Van Damme's TV show had him playing himself while also being a special agent in the most tragically underrated TV shows of all time.

Fucking bullshit they only made 1 season

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I’m picturing NC in The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Possibly railing Lena Olin while she stabs her own eyes with a fork. Oscar time.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Van Damme's TV show had him playing himself while also being a special agent in the most tragically underrated TV shows of all time.

JCVD's TV show had me laughing so fucking hard. The scene where he was the special agent and also the long-haired pipefitter(or whatever) had tears streaming down my face.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I kept waiting for season 2 for a while and still don't understand how they couldn't have given it another go. Yet, we are on season 400 of The Bachelor.

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This makes perfect sense for cage since he always had crazy hobbys and spent or had his money stolen away and has financially been fucked for 12+ years or something?

Homsar

Cage is nothing like Bruce Willis, Cage is fucking amazing when he takes his own approach. Addaptation was his best role, he has taken bs roles but he tries. I will love die hard and a couple others but fuck bruce willis sucks.

Last edited:

Homsar

Movie seems very meta, him wanting to buy the statue of himself is him buying all the ridiculous shit the last 20 years +

Not going to research atm but im pretty sure he spent a fortune on DC comics which doesnt mt sense since he was ghost rider terrible

Last edited:

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can honestly say, I'm looking forward to this. And Pedro Pascal. Great actor excluding WW84 which I think was a writer issue. He should have never taken that role.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Pedro's role in ww84 was one of his best acting jobs ever.
He made you believe life was good, but it could be better.

• 1Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database