The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2021)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I know what it is like to have massive talent, as my posts here can attest to.

I don't know what it is to have unbearable weight because I maintain sub 10% body fat year round

• 1Horowitz
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
aqhLeieyTpTUKPOfZ3jzo2La0Mq.jpg

Title: The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2021)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Tom Gormican

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Pedro Pascal, Tiffany Haddish, Lily Mo Sheen, Sharon Horgan, Jacob Scipio, Neil Patrick Harris

Release: 2021-03-19

Plot: Things spiral out of control after Nicolas Cage, playing a fictionalized version of himself, accepts a $1 million offer to attend the birthday party of an eccentric billionaire superfan and he's forced to channel his most iconic and beloved characters in order to extricate his wife, daughter, and the kidnapped daughter of a Mexican presidential candidate.
“Things spiral out of control…”

Pretty much the premise of every Nick Cage movie.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw this preview when I saw The Batman. It looks so over the top that it should be good but probably wont. But Ill still see it anyways!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, he fucking phoned it in with Jiu Jitsu but the I agree with the rest.

spronk

FPS noob
cage AMA on reddit, 21k comments lol

[–]coolguysteve21 3230 points 1 day ago
Who is your favorite character in all of literature and film?

[–]lionsgate[S] 11.3k points 1 day ago
That is so hard to answer. I will say that James Dean’s performance as Cal in East of Eden is largely the reason I became a film actor. His role in that is one of my favorite characters in cinema. But then we can go all the way to Rasputin or we can go to Dmitri Karamazov. Dmitri Karamazov is one my favorite characters in literature. I love him so much because he’s so happy and he has no money. He’s just living it up. He spent all his money trying to get the girl. I did the same thing once. I was very Dmitri Karamazov in high school. The most beautiful girl in high school who was a grade older than me invited me to the prom but I had no money. My grandmother gave each of us a little bond. My older brother bought a car. My second oldest brother bought some stereo equipment. And I splashed out on a chauffeur-driven limousine, a tuxedo and a four course meal at Le Dome on Sunset blvd. The car was $2000, the stereo was $2000, and my prom night was $2000 and man, that was money well spent. THAT’s Dmitri Karamazov.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This movie was... Fine

Decent lol moments but overall I wouldn't watch twice. Pretty average comedy.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

It is exactly what you are expecting, except better. It isn't a great movie, but it's better than good and it is funny in both the ways you want and unexpectedly.

Szlia

Reasonably entertaining.

I think this movie lacks the genuine passion for cinema and humanity of a JCVD. Here we have more of a light hearted comedy with a dash of action and a dash of meta that just name-drops dozens of movie titles.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Reasonably entertaining.

I think this movie lacks the genuine passion for cinema and humanity of a JCVD. Here we have more of a light hearted comedy with a dash of action and a dash of meta that just name-drops dozens of movie titles.
I 100% agree but I did find it a refreshing turn from the Mandy style Cage being Cage movies to this just being comedy. Him and Pascal played really well off of each other, for some reason him shouting "not the bees" when talking about his alternate belt buckle really got me right at the end. Pretty fun movie but it's definitely not in the list of classic Cage movies