The Uprising (2026)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,311
45,151
It works if you don't connect it to Robin Hood at all and view it as the start of highwaymen (I'm not familiar enough with the exact history of highwaymen, but I would guess they existed prior to 1300. Maybe organization and prevalence increased after this event) . Taking travel away from the rich. No more luxury gallivanting and forced to sit in their tower.
I think that's probably a good assessment.

I viewed it more as the fact that they were so dedicated to the king and being the true Commons, that after they were betrayed, it was no longer going to be a civil rebellion, or at least as civil as they were trying to make it originally before they got to London, and the city folk got crazy.

Hence the reason they planed the ambush, and one of the reasons they go after the mayor.
 

jayrebb

Ssraeszha Raider
16,711
16,518
I would imagine kidnapping/ransoming rich people was a business plan back then, as well as just taking their shit if you could. I bet travel back then was a little more exciting than a road trip on the interstate today.

I know knight ransom was popular around that time because the armor was basically advertising they knew people who would pay for their safe return. 1200-1300 was the peak of knight's power, most of them being landowners. By late 1300 there was no such thing as a knight that didn't own land.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user