The Vehicle Purchasing Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Honda Civic will last you 10-15 years easy, but you really can't go wrong with any asian made car really. I like Honda's more than Hyundai/Toyota, mainly for interior styling reasons, but they are all good brands now.
2002 civic still going strong, it felt a little "fluffy" recently and then i remembered

check tires in winter, cuz it's cold, had to pump in 7psi in all 4, no more spongy feeling.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
2002 civic still going strong, it felt a little "fluffy" recently and then i remembered

check tires in winter, cuz it's cold, had to pump in 7psi in all 4, no more spongy feeling.

It doesn't matter how fancy or fast a car I buy these days, my favorite ride is still my 2004 Civic SiR (think it was just Si in the states). The alcantara with the orange stitching was badass, and the stickshift in the dash just felt awesome.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My first car was a boss.
c74178d70a0e0aca056ea74ca22b5e9b.jpg

I leased it from the local Chevy dealer that was having a massive discount on that car only, just to get people in the door.
I had it for $94/month for 3 years. I think it was a left over, or very late in 1997. I loved it. I put after market fog lights and XM radio in it and everything. It had a cassette player that I would sometimes use my Sony DiscMan with a Cassette adapter thing to play my Metallica CD's in it. Boss ass car. Same rims (hubcaps) as that picture also.

When you would hit the high beams, your normal headlights would shut off and the high beam lights (right next to them) would kick on. If you were behind someone, the lights would go left to right, right to left if you flashed them quickly. I would do that while flipping the fog lights on and off real quick and it almost made it look like a cop car pulling someone over.

EDIT:
When the lease was over and I gave it back, I picked up a new 2001 Z-24 (also a lease). 2 door white. It was faster than the red one. I beat the fuck out of that car. It was totaled when I spun a bearing, blowing the engine. Great memories with that one, though. It had actual aluminum rims instead of hubcaps.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Ahh..

The Chevy Econoturd. I owned one once upon a time. That thing saw more fucking air time than a 747 jet.

I eventually got newer car, but didnt trade that in. I slapped together a couple hundred bucks to junkyard turbo it.

I know it was in reality slow still. No tuning...No real supporting mods at all...But man, it was MUCH faster than it was engineered to be. I've driven some REALLY fast cars in my time. But they were all engineered to be fast. This thing though? 200k on stock suspension, $25 used tires, and a hap-hazard turbo setup created the most white knuckle driving experience of my life. Was fun as fuck.

You wanna experience stupid fun driving? Don't buy a lambo or vette. Buy a poorly maintained econoshitbox and boost it in the cheapest, most unreliable way possible.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cars are a major status symbol for people to show off in. Friends at work don't see your shitty apartment or the cheap shit you eat for breakfast/dinner, but they all see your car, so its one of the main ways to prop up your status/image. That being said I drove a camry for 8 years and my altima is about to turn 8. Love going years without having to make a car payment.

SeanDoe1z1

Cars are a major status symbol for people to show off in. Friends at work don't see your shitty apartment or the cheap shit you eat for breakfast/dinner, but they all see your car, so its one of the main ways to prop up your status/image. That being said I drove a camry for 8 years and my altima is about to turn 8. Love going years without having to make a car payment.

Pretty much this, funny to see all the flashy cars in work parking lot...but you know how much everyone makes. I will be hard pressed to shy from Toyotas/Hondas. Very easy to service find a nice mechanic shop that won't gouge and you'll get most major repairs done same day at a fraction of the cost.

Although wife is applying for a new job where she'll drive around quite a bit, no company car. Probably buy ~5 years old used just so shes not showing up in a beater.

Having young kids helps this too. Kids are uncouth heathens when they are young. Worst passengers.