The Veronica Mars Movie Project

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project

edit:
fuck, why is there a thread in the TV House about a movie ?

a>

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
the waiter deal is da bomb. you will forever be immortalized as...The Waiter That Paid $10,000 To Be In B Movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing since this is now a movie we are being encouraged to use this thread. They posted this on the Kickstarter recently

A Message from Kristen:

dearest marshmallows...

I am currently the happiest blonde in a hamster ball the world has ever seen. We have been waiting so long to make this movie dream a movie reality, and it's because of YOUR commitment, YOUR persistence, that we finally have a chance. We just have one more step to go.

You have banded together like the sassy little honey badgers you are and made this possibility happen. i promise if we hit our goal, we will make the sleuthiest, snarkiest, it's-all-fun-and-games-'til-one-of-you-gets-my-foot-up-your-ass movie we possibly can.

I promise to give it my all. i promise to work my hardest to give everyone a little bit more Veronica, and i will be oh so honored to do so.

I only ask for one thing in return.

If I ever die, do me a favor. Go on Oprah and tell the world that I loved kittens.

LoVe to you ALL,

kristen bell
I will forgive her the lowercase crap because I love her second best behind Kate Beckinsale, but this is the part I liked most:
i promise if we hit our goal, we will make the sleuthiest, snarkiest, it's-all-fun-and-games-'til-one-of-you-gets-my-foot-up-your-ass movie we possibly can.
This is the Veronica Mars I love. The romance crap didn't keep me from watching but I can definitely do without it. When someone fucks with Veronica and she plots revenge, that's the shit I loved watching. She was the Khan of Neptune High!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kickstarted this shit last night, can't wait this was one of those shows I never missed back when I had cable. I hope they get everyone hack, its not like most of them are doing anything anyway. Was talking about it last night, would be awesome if some a list actor spent 10grand to be ab extra in this movie.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is based on a TV show? I think it's interesting how much people have given. Based on the numbers, the average donation is $65. That seems like a pretty big chunk of change to spend on a movie that may or may not even get made. Maybe there were some big backers skewing the average?

I wish we had a chance to do this for Deadwood.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
This is based on a TV show? I think it's interesting how much people have given. Based on the numbers, the average donation is $65. That seems like a pretty big chunk of change to spend on a movie that may or may not even get made. Maybe there were some big backers skewing the average?

I wish we had a chance to do this for Deadwood.
TV fans have shown over the years they are willing to do a lot for the shows they love. Fans of the show Jericho sent CBS something like 50,000 pounds of peanuts to protest them cancelling the show. If I remember right it actually prolonged the show a little bit as well heh. Had this of been around back then they probably could of got a movie out of it.

I'd LOVE to see someone try a kickstarter for Deadwood, but the cost would be much greater then a Veronica Mars movie. Not sure if they could realistically get the funding needed. Maybe with enough money though HBO would be willing to pay the rest of the bill. I hope to see more things like this in the future.

faille

Molten Core Raider

Looking good. Seems to have progressed quite swiftly with a March 14 release.
May have to start rewatching the series.

iannis

Musty Nester
Wow. That's not a B movie. I actually recognize like 90% of the actors.

Came off a kickstarter, huh? Impressive.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yep, finished it earlier today and really enjoyed it. As a fan of the series I thought they did a great job of bringing back the tone and style of the tv series while also bringing up to current time. The main plot maybe dragged a little towards the end, but overall really well done.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yep, finished it earlier today and really enjoyed it. As a fan of the series I thought they did a great job of bringing back the tone and style of the tv series while also bringing up to current time. The main plot maybe dragged a little towards the end, but overall really well done.
Pretty much how I felt after watching it. If you liked the show, you'll like this movie. I initially sat down thinking I'd just watch a little bit now and finish it later, and ended up watching the whole thing.

The most impressive thing to me is that they literally went from Kickstarter to movie in theaters in one year, and it was a good movie on top of that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's not playing here for like 130 miles so being a fan of the show I popped on Amazon and purchased it. Really did a great job it felt like it settled right in and I enjoyed it .

Lusiphur

Peasant
Just finished it. Excellent continuation of the series. Not the greatest film ever but it scratched my itch for more V Mars
wink.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished and loved it. Just enough meta jokes and topical humor, really felt like the old series and made me miss it. Blew my mind seeing all the people that are in other series today that I forgot were in V Mars.

Lol'd at 400 Exposition Dr and James Franco.

Really hope it does well and either makes them consider a yearly release or if someone would pick back up the series, if Kristen Bell and all had interest.