The Video Thread

Grimsark

The laws are there because it is usually cheaper to clean up a wreck than clean up a wreck and bury a body. Don't be retarded most of the fatality claims I handled involved no seat belts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ey4BTyZJ6w
Everything is cheaper when stupid people DON'T DO STUPID THINGS... That's not justification to make stupidity illegal.
We all know the only reason it IS illegal is for the added revenue the state gets for stacking infractions on tickets, and to invent reasonable suspicion for whatever the police want to do to you.

Also, for the record, I CHOOSE to wear my seat belt because I accept the evidence that it makes me safer, NOT because its illegal not to. As a matter of fact, I won't even start a car without fastening the seat belt first.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazing view of the Yosemite wild fire. Drop from the Fire Service 146AW Channel Islands Air National Guard. US Forest Service Cal fire,

Also, landing gear.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Everything is cheaper when stupid people DON'T DO STUPID THINGS... That's not justification to make stupidity illegal.
We all know the only reason it IS illegal is for the added revenue the state gets for stacking infractions on tickets, and to invent reasonable suspicion for whatever the police want to do to you.

Also, for the record, I CHOOSE to wear my seat belt because I accept the evidence that it makes me safer, NOT because its illegal not to. As a matter of fact, I won't even start a car without fastening the seat belt first.

I'm pretty pro-personal liberty and wouldn't be terribly against removing the seatbelt laws. But I have a family I'm close to who only wears seatbelts because it's legally required and they live in a city that cracks down on it harshly and I'm thankful that the laws are in place. These people are generally smart too. Educated and do well for themselves. One of them was in an accident recently and broke his jaw because he hit his face on someone else's bumper and he still doesn't believe in seatbelts. It's stupid.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty pro-personal liberty and wouldn't be terribly against removing the seatbelt laws. But I have a family I'm close to who only wears seatbelts because it's legally required and they live in a city that cracks down on it harshly and I'm thankful that the laws are in place. These people are generally smart too. Educated and do well for themselves. One of them was in an accident recently and broke his jaw because he hit his face on someone else's bumper and he still doesn't believe in seatbelts. It's stupid.
How much would your jimmies be rustled if a motorcycle cop gave you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2428-1377480903-8.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
OOC why didn't the airbag deploy for the person without the seatbelt?
In the comments they said it just failed to deploy rather than being intentional. In my defense I found that in the first link and looked through 20 more videos to find one without an airbag =\

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I have said this before in another thread, but until you have been to an accident scene where someone wasn't wearing their seatbelt and/or helmet and you have had to help clean up that mess, don't pretend like not wearing a seatbelt or helmet only affects you. I have a couple of firefighter friends who will be haunted the rest of their lives by some things they have had to witness and deal with. It is more than just a "personal liberties" issue.

Ending of this video is very random.

I have said this before in another thread, but until you have been to an accident scene where someone wasn't wearing their seatbelt and/or helmet and you have had to help clean up that mess, don't pretend like not wearing a seatbelt or helmet only affects you. I have a couple of firefighter friends who will be haunted the rest of their lives by some things they have had to witness and deal with. It is more than just a "personal liberties" issue.
It is part of their job (they have elected to be there, cleaning up the mess), the positives must out weigh the negatives, otherwise they would get a new one, be a bum, live on the street, or do what ever else because they are so scarred. Not infringing on other peoples rights (personal liberties), is not the same as, not making other people upset.

My uncle quit being a paramedic for this exact reason. Personally, I wear my seat belt 100% of the time. It saved me much greater injury when I wrecked my last car (it didn't have an airbag).

Video: Car looses a door at high speed, in car cam of the car that hit the door starts at 0:56

Grimsark

Ending of this video is very random.
My heart agrees with you, but my brain reminds me that there is a reason why the good intentioned demands of others should never dictate my choices.
Virtue cannot exist when demanded and freedom cannot exist when restricted. The ideas are antithetical and annihilate each other upon contact.

As Neo put it: