945B3D07-2FB8-49F0-8712-D0279F315F0A.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 10 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The sad state of architecture of the last 70+ years:

I was following until they started trashing brutalism.. while I don't know how i'd feel in a city entirely built in brutalist architecture, but some of the buildings are just awesome; imo. I particularly love the ones in Tokyo, that kinda blend that whole wabi sabi / zen bullshit + brutalist style. Buildings covered in vines, moss, and plantlife.. open spaces.. makes for a nice alternative to not being able to have a yard due to a clusterfucked living. Tons of stores use brutalist architecture in Tokyo and it often feel otherworldy from the commercial/advertisement pop.

not entirely related

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Not really the best video, but Harajuku Station on Golden Week is a literal fucking nightmare; standstills for 10minutes at a time if you don't gaijin smash.. granted everywhere is during that time.. the old station was super small two part station. Add the year round fact that Harajuku is more/less the biggest shopping area with take a shit street as a huuuuge tourist trap and cat street right by.. as well as the entire omotesando road and meiji shrine and park like 20 feet behind.. it needed an expansion really bad. I personally hated that station.. I tried to find a video with it still up from the pic, but yeah looks like its def going down as the most recent vid I can find has the same construction walls from 2021. I pref stopping at Shibuya and walked my happy ass to cat street, avoiding Shibuya crossing and basketball street.

Last edited:

Mur

Trakanon Raider
This guy is totally entertaining, and drops some great knowledge. Plus Metal LOL

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users