The Video Thread

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
More people are moving out to the country, so they will need to learn how to can all the food they grow, on all the land they own. This lady has a bunch of Italian recipes/cooking on her channel. She moved from a town NE of Naples (Italy) to NJ in 1970s.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
More people are moving out to the country, so they will need to learn how to can all the food they grow, on all the land they own. This lady has a bunch of Italian recipes/cooking on her channel. She moved from a town NE of Naples (Italy) to NJ in 1970s.

my italian grandparents would do that during sommer directly in their little garden, boiling the stuff in a cauldron, they skimmed the skin and seeds with a strainer instead of using this machine.
then us younglings had to carry the cans. that was the unfun part of that day

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
My mom used to do a lot of canning but I swear she would have put those jars in boiling water after they were filled and capped.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My mom used to do a lot of canning but I swear she would have put those jars in boiling water after they were filled and capped.
We used to can fruits and jellies growing up, always boiled after canning. Anything exposed to air has to be boiled or you run the risk of botulism. Doubly so if what you're canning isn't acidic.

• 3Like

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
We used to can fruits and jellies growing up, always boiled after canning. Anything exposed to air has to be boiled or you run the risk of botulism. Doubly so if what you're canning isn't acidic.
That's what I thought we did too.

That old bag is trying to kill people. She poured it in while it was boiling but I wouldn't think that's good enough. She's likely been doing it for decades so maybe it's okay for tomato sauce.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's what I thought we did too.

That old bag is trying to kill people. She poured it in while it was boiling but I wouldn't think that's good enough. She's likely been doing it for decades so maybe it's okay for tomato sauce.

It would depend on the pH level of her sauce. Problem is, how do you test for the pH levels and also allow for equilibration of the sauce outside of a lab/processing environment. Too risky IMO

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Title sounds goofy, but it's surprisingly better than you'd expect.

the mtv unplugged was next up and i played that

i had this cd
s-l400.jpg

and listened to this 1000x

now i listened for the first time in like 20years and i just now noticed david ghrol is just tapping his leg w/ the stix to give kurt a metranome.

wow what a difference real headphones make compared to 1990s .50c earbuds, haha

actually it was probably recorded from the cd to a tape for walkman, so even less fidelity

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
the mtv unplugged was next up and i played that

i had this cd
s-l400.jpg

and listened to this 1000x

now i listened for the first time in like 20years and i just now noticed david ghrol is just tapping his leg w/ the stix to give kurt a metranome.

wow what a difference real headphones make compared to 1990s .50c earbuds, haha

actually it was probably recorded from the cd to a tape for walkman, so even less fidelity

What headphones are you using? The original HD600s came out in '97 and still one of the best even today.
Sennheiser-HD-600-Headphones.jpg