Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Drunk playing bumper cars in the parking lot:

This is almost exactly what my grandmother did roughly 30 years ago at a grocery store. She wasn't drunk though, had a stroke or something. I was too young to get the details but my mom, with me in tow, was first from the family on the scene. Grandma wrecked 6 cars and a shopping cart rack with her Buick Regal tank. The vehicle at the end of the row (like in the video) was a brand new truck some guy just bought and parked it out there to avoid getting dings. She hit that bitch head on and knocked it over the curb and almost into a Chinese restaurant. My dad and uncle took her keys from her after that because she still wanted to drive lol.

1652190727723.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grimsark

Can you elaborate?
I'm not sure how I can without making this a conversation best taken somewhere else.

But if I were to try and sum it up in a few sentences...

The more I learn about the actual history of this world, the more I am in awe of Christianity in general, and disappointed at how misinformed I've been regarding it. I'm not sure if I will ever 'BELIEVE' the way that others do, but the longer I keep my eyes open to the possibility, the less reason I have to resist it.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Peterson is a hypocrite on this point and always has been. He's the first to point out the ridiculousness of some of the post-modernist literature. But on the question of god he goes full post-modernist himself with a barrage of word salad and vague non-committal statements. When he's pushed he will never say he believes in the core tenants of Christianity, he just likes the aesthetics/history of it.

He also completely straw mans atheism by mostly only citing Dostoevsky, as if that's the be all and end all. Never once have I heard him mention Bertrand Russell, Thomas Paine, Voltaire, or any other enlightenment thinker. He takes his view from a fiction novel and parades that around as if it's the most important take on the topic.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Grimsark

Peterson is a hypocrite on this point and always has been. He's the first to point out the ridiculousness of some of the post-modernist literature. But on the question of god he goes full post-modernist himself with a barrage of word salad and vague non-committal statements. When he's pushed he will never say he believes in the core tenants of Christianity, he just likes the aesthetics/history of it.

He also completely straw mans atheism by mostly only citing Dostoevsky, as if that's the be all and end all. Never once have I heard him mention Bertrand Russell, Thomas Paine, Voltaire, or any other enlightenment thinker. He takes his view from a fiction novel and parades that around as if it's the most important take on the topic.

It's been my observation that people who dismiss Peterson offhand, like calling him a hypocrite, have largely ignored (or haven't been exposed to) the vast majority of his work. Or stoop to intentionally selective exposition. (Aka: confirmation bias) Anyone that can watch him talk for any length of time, and claim to hear little more than word salad, confirms it.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users