The Video Thread

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's been my observation that people who dismiss Peterson offhand, like calling him a hypocrite, have largely ignored (or haven't been exposed to) the vast majority of his work. Or stoop to intentionally selective exposition. (Aka: confirmation bias) Anyone that can watch him talk for any length of time, and claim to hear little more than word salad, confirms it.
This is the typical response from Peterson fans. Don't actually address the criticisms, just assert that people are being bad faith or taking him out on context. If you don't think his answer to the question being "God is that which selects among men in the eternal hierarchy among men" is word salad then I don't know what to say. He then goes on stating rather banal biological facts like there are multiple selective pressures for how men 'rise in the hierarchy' that aren't necessarily 'tyrannical'. Ok fine, but he's simply redefining god to mean something completely different. He's free to do that, but he's also free to be criticized for muddying the waters with shit like this.

Also here's a video of Barkley being funny.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Grimsark

This is the typical response from Peterson fans. Don't actually address the criticisms, just assert that people are being bad faith or taking him out on context. If you don't think his answer to the question being "God is that which selects among men in the eternal hierarchy among men" is word salad then I don't know what to say. He then goes on stating rather banal biological facts like there are multiple selective pressures for how men 'rise in the hierarchy' that aren't necessarily 'tyrannical'. Ok fine, but he's simply redefining god to mean something completely different. He's free to do that, but he's also free to be criticized for muddying the waters with shit like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure how I can without making this a conversation best taken somewhere else.

But if I were to try and sum it up in a few sentences...

The more I learn about the actual history of this world, the more I am in awe of Christianity in general, and disappointed at how misinformed I've been regarding it. I'm not sure if I will ever 'BELIEVE' the way that others do, but the longer I keep my eyes open to the possibility, the less reason I have to resist it.

So, fake stories made up by people who wanted to control the feeble-minded masses and now have vast wealth and power? Aside from the fact that religion is one of the top 3 reasons humanity isn't further advanced than it is, sure. You do you.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Moron
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 5 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
1652275075472.png

• 1SJW
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So, fake stories made up by people who wanted to control the feeble-minded masses and now have vast wealth and power? Aside from the fact that religion is one of the top 3 reasons humanity isn't further advanced than it is, sure. You do you.

Jeez, we should take it to the /pol forums here :p

Screenshots is a place for everyone to feel comfy and not at all awkward. Now that we're settled in, I'd like to talk to you about our lord and saviour, Jeebus Christ!

• 1Like

Grimsark

Finely due to get a faithful recreation of Master of Magic?

Literally, all they had to do is update the graphics and keep pretty much all the mechanics (with some tweaks) and they'd have a best seller on their hands.

Looks as if that's what they've done.

They even duplicated the intro animation... heh.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to be a die hard atheist but mostly because I'm surrounded by bigots; however in the last decades it has been hard not to fall for "the whole universe is so complex it must have been made by design".
Then I remember the brain is one lazy mf and will always fill holes with easy answers, such as god.
Then I go jerk off.

• 1Like

Grimsark

I used to be a die hard atheist but mostly because I'm surrounded by bigots; however in the last decades it has been hard not to fall for "the whole universe is so complex it must have been made by design".
Then I remember the brain is one lazy mf and will always fill holes with easy answers, such as god.
Then I go jerk off.

It really doesn't matter what you believe. So long as the results don't matter to you either.

It's been my experience, that people who truly understand what it is to have faith, aren't interested in changing anyone's mind about it. But rather do their best to expose others to the possibilities of choosing to change their own minds.

The forcefully dogmatic, are usually just misguided, or malicious.

unrelated...

• 1Like

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Then I go jerk off.
Post Nut Clarity is the best kind of Clarity, Jerk on, or should I say, Jerk off brother

• 1Like