The Video Thread

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skynet is online

Seems like they would have done more to relieve the recoil. I see long articles on it, but its late. Im guessing its just an exercise to show it can be done, and not an asset for general use.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seems like they would have done more to relieve the recoil. I see long articles on it, but its late. Im guessing its just an exercise to show it can be done, and not an asset for general use.
Pretty much. Recoil is due to how high the weapon is mounted. Ideally you want it as close to center mass as possible.

These aren't anything new though. We've tested bots with m240 machine guns and grenade launchers attached to them.

• 3WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

that's one thing that's always bugged me about killer robots in media (terminators, cylons, whatever). After a preliminary test firing of any handheld weapon, the robot should be able to adjust for that weapons' exact recoil pattern and start bullseyeing any/every target.

Most of the time those movies would be much much shorter without this form of plot armor, but it appears we're following the same practice in building gun-dogs. Rather than sense the first shot and (re)calibrate from there, or even sense a laser sight, its just pre-programmed body movement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that's one thing that's always bugged me about killer robots in media (terminators, cylons, whatever). After a preliminary test firing of any handheld weapon, the robot should be able to adjust for that weapons' exact recoil pattern and start bullseyeing any/every target.

Most of the time those movies would be much much shorter without this form of plot armor, but it appears we're following the same practice in building gun-dogs. Rather than sense the first shot and (re)calibrate from there, or even sense a laser sight, its just pre-programmed body movement.

Keep in mind, they are showing the public the good stuff. Weapon systems they want to actually use are generally kept under wraps until they're in the field and historically its been decades before specific information about R&D and building them is released (usually when its no longer important for the baddies to know).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

We're getting there.

Daidraco

We're getting there.
The idea behind that video is frightening - cause I could surely see some liberals doing it and justifying whatever target they want to as a "Hate Group." You only have to look at January 6 trial to see just how far Liberals will go. Much less if the far right gets any similar ideas. Anyone else having access to drones like this - it would be like the questions that come up in a mass shooting - how did an 18 year old get 50-100k dollars in arms and ammunition when him and his folks live in a trailer park making less than 2k/month collectively?

What I believe the saving grace is : The 3 grams of explosives would also take out the drone - the drone would be dead afterwards, which even if the drone was scrubbed clean - the parts used in bulk like that would eventually link back to a source and so on... At least thats what I like to think would happen. Pure anonymous sniping would be absolutely terrifying in a world where everything you do is tracked. Talk about living in a Faraday Cage like a lunatic.

• 2Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Keep in mind, they are showing the public the good stuff. Weapon systems they want to actually use are generally kept under wraps until they're in the field and historically its been decades before specific information about R&D and building them is released (usually when its no longer important for the baddies to know).

Anyone can duct tape a gun to a robot dog or a Drone or whatever and operate the trigger off a separate servo controller. That's why these things are scary....any jackass that owns one can tape a fucking weapon to it.

Programming/designing it to account for recoil is a different story. Thats not within reach of most people that go buy a robodog or drone or whatever off Amazon.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone can duct tape a gun to a robot dog or a Drone or whatever and operate the trigger off a separate servo controller. That's why these things are scary....any jackass that owns one can tape a fucking weapon to it.

Programming/designing it to account for recoil is a different story. Thats not within reach of most people that go buy a robodog or drone or whatever off Amazon.
The dog is kinda lame, when it becomes a rolling or free floating sphere that can stop in an instant and shoot accurately from any orientation I will be more concerned.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The idea behind that video is frightening - cause I could surely see some liberals doing it and justifying whatever target they want to as a "Hate Group." You only have to look at January 6 trial to see just how far Liberals will go. Much less if the far right gets any similar ideas. Anyone else having access to drones like this - it would be like the questions that come up in a mass shooting - how did an 18 year old get 50-100k dollars in arms and ammunition when him and his folks live in a trailer park making less than 2k/month collectively?

What I believe the saving grace is : The 3 grams of explosives would also take out the drone - the drone would be dead afterwards, which even if the drone was scrubbed clean - the parts used in bulk like that would eventually link back to a source and so on... At least thats what I like to think would happen. Pure anonymous sniping would be absolutely terrifying in a world where everything you do is tracked. Talk about living in a Faraday Cage like a lunatic.

yes yes, like other existing high body count weapons that already exist, it's the left that has/will use it first against people /S. Not even in the left's most aggressive days of the Weather Underground did they purposefully go after people; targets have always been property. Take your paranoid Maga bullshit back to the political forums.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

yes yes, like other existing high body count weapons that already exist, it's the left that has/will use it first against people /S. Not even in the left's most aggressive days of the Weather Underground did they purposefully go after people; targets have always been property. Take your paranoid Maga bullshit back to the political forums.

Did I touch a nerve, Ninen? You act as if I didnt also crucify the right in that paragraph.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
FPS Russia made a video of a machine gun mounted on a quad drone 10 years ago. This shit ain't new.