The Video Thread

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Continuing the trend of the world being gay and retarded, imaging growing up with this music being the "top" in the world.

For reference. Year I was born

We shit on Boomers a lot these days, and in many ways, rightly so. But give credit where credit is due, they probably created some of the best music outside of the Classical era. It's probably due to the fact that back in the 50s and 60s when these musicians were in school, they still taught both classical music, and classical literature in the school system, and you also were exposed to it to via media (like all the Classical music in Tom & Jerry and Hannah Barbera cartoons). So when these youngsters started to make their own music, they had a solid base on which to stand on. I've often semi-jokingly said that Rock music attained it's height in 1974 and it's been all downhill from there. Do they even let you hear Bach, Beethoven or Mozart, or expose you to Shakespeare, Poe or others in schools today? Isn't it all just garbage they are taught?

Anyway, rant off. If you like engineering videos, then this guy is good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1681551851830.png

lurker

Vyemm Raider
We shit on Boomers a lot these days, and in many ways, rightly so. But give credit where credit is due, they probably created some of the best music outside of the Classical era. It's probably due to the fact that back in the 50s and 60s when these musicians were in school, they still taught both classical music, and classical literature in the school system, and you also were exposed to it to via media (like all the Classical music in Tom & Jerry and Hannah Barbera cartoons). So when these youngsters started to make their own music, they had a solid base on which to stand on. I've often semi-jokingly said that Rock music attained it's height in 1974 and it's been all downhill from there. Do they even let you hear Bach, Beethoven or Mozart, or expose you to Shakespeare, Poe or others in schools today? Isn't it all just garbage they are taught?

Anyway, rant off. If you like engineering videos, then this guy is good.
One of the favorite movies we saw in grade school growing up was "Hemo the Magnificent", a film by Frank Capra. The soundtrack was Beethoven's 3rd symphony.