The Video Thread

Your comment is full of assumptions typical of someone that doesn't want to admit the obvious and so constructs a false dichotomy, justifying injustice.

The simple facts of the matter are that the vast majority of dogs that are shot by cops are household pets - or in the case of the video a ranch dog - that have no history of being aggressive, and where otherwise doing nothing unusual for any domesticated dog. Meanwhile, police dogs are trained attackers, bread to maim someone on command. Viciously. Not something most pets are known for.

As for the assumption that all people that have police dogs attacking them are involved in violent crimes... You are living in a bubble. Venture outside of it sometime and pay attention. It is far more likely that someone has cause to shoot a police dog, than a Cop has reason to shoot your family pet.

Please note. I do not apologize for ANY form of initiated violence. I condemn them all.
I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy involved in this false dichotomy we have been force fed as a functional justice system.

Unrelated:
hear hear

Disp_sl

shitlord
As for the assumption that all people that have police dogs attacking them are involved in violent crimes... You are living in a bubble. Venture outside of it sometime and pay attention. It is far more likely that someone has cause to shoot a police dog, than a Cop has reason to shoot your family pet.
And what is reasonable cause for shooting a dog, police or otherwise? You tell me not to make assumptions, then warp around nearly everything I said, and retort with several paragraphs of assumptions of your own. Got it.

Grimsark, you're constantly posting about how so many things in the government are unfair and wrong. Other than being a keyboard warrior, what are you doing to drive the change you want?

TheWoodenHorse

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Here's the dashcam video. I'd shoot the dog as well.

LiveLeak.com - Deputy Who Shot Victim's Dog Terminated

Why when I picture Grimsark do I see Cliven Bundy?
wink.png

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
If you have a protective dog and are calling the police, why not secure it before they arrive? Everyone is upset that he shot that dog, and I'm sure the deputy is as well. You can tell from the dash cam that he didn't arrive and say "fuck this dog, I'm going to kill it." You clearly see the dog taking an aggressive stance and charging out of the truck, then the deputy shout "get back" before shooting. I guess people think he needs to get bit multiple times before shooting. These are probably the same people who think a suspect needs to shoot at a cop before the cop is allowed to shoot a suspect.

toomanynames_sl

shitlord
That cop is beyond a pussy for shooting a dog that size, as well as anyone else who thinks that was justified. Cops like that are why folks like Grismark even exist or post the shit he does. I hadn't seen a picture and assumed it was some 80+ pound monster. A fucking knee high dog and what looks like maybe 60 pounds at best. If a fucking grown man, a trained cop, can't control a 60 pound dog then you are a worthless piece of shit. Sorry no pic but please

worthless cop is worthless.

EDIT
Cop shouldn't have left the car, cop observed an angry dog, yet put him in jeopardy, forcing a situation that was exclusively caused by his own stupidity, even though he had all the tools to avoid the situation ala loud speaker.

Yet the dog is being blamed for doing what dogs do, bark at strangers. Yeah, let me know if you ever say "get back" to a strangers dog that they'll listen, fucking the stupid here, amazing at times.

Yeah, damn right, cop should have been bit before he even pulled his weapon. That is part of his job, putting himself at risk. If you think differently then you are part of the problem IMO Grims is trying to point out. You don't pull your weapon or shoot and then ask.

Worthless and stupid cop

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
So whIch is it? He's supposed to put himself at risk, which you say cops should do because theyre cops (idiotic in itself). But then you lambaste him for doing so because he got out of his car? You can't have it both ways.

toomanynames_sl

shitlord
In this case, he shouldn't have gotten out of the car and he'd still have his job. But he did, so he should have gotten bit BEFORE he shot the dog, a dog barking and showing it's teeth is not being bit. My dog shows its teeth to any stranger at the door, if it were a cop, should he shoot my dog because my dog was "smiling" at him?

I can have it both ways, because I can't fix stupid, cop was stupid for getting out of car, but he did, he should have been bit and if so, then shot, oh, wait, he didn't get bit did he? No, he was just a pussy scared of a smiling barking dog. pussy cop

TheWoodenHorse

Bronze Knight of the Realm
IMHO watching the video, when the cop pulls up the dog is IN the truck wagging it's tail and barking in excitement. When the cop gets out the dog turns from "Oh happy day a car! I hope someone I know is in side of it!" to "Who the fuck are YOU you stranger!" Ears go BACK, Barks turn menacing and the dog jumps OUT of the car and rushes the cop.

So how do you as a cop handle an uncontrolled angry dog rushing at you? Throw down an uncooked steak Looney Tunes style and the dog will just get distracted?

I go running at night past houses that have pitbulls and rottweilers and boxers who go apeshit attempting to jump their fences to protect the public sidewalk I'm on. The day one of them successfully beats the height of the fence will be the last day that dog humps a leg I can tell you that.

EDIT: Sorry Sutekh. Will refrain from continuing more.

toomanynames_sl

shitlord
Not excitement, fear, and cops are trained on this, ears back, tail is NOT up, dog even "hides" behind the door. Only takes action when it felt provoked, by the cop approaching. Stop making excuses for a stupid cop.

I'm done as well, sorry sutek

Not excitement, fear, and cops are trained on this, ears back, tail is NOT up, dog even "hides" behind the door. Only takes action when it felt provoked, by the cop approaching. Stop making excuses for a stupid cop.

I'm done as well, sorry sutek
Cops arent trained in animal psychology you idiot. I would love to see you try and control a 60lb aggressive dog. When I play with my 60lb German Shorthaired Pointer, it surprises me how strong she is and how hard it is to control her, and thats just when shes playing.