The Video Thread

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
^^does the maker of that not understand the difference between fiction and reality?
Just in case it's not sarcasm.
I think the maker understands the hypocrisy that promoting gun violence in film is fine and dandy as long as you can make a crap load of money from it.

oblig

dangler_sl

shitlord
since it was posted by Grimsark I'm going with not sarcasm. Just anti-hollywood liberals silliness.

CC, again there is a difference between fiction and reality. Also, I didnt take notes on the clips played but how many of them were 'promoting' gun violence? How many were of movies where the bad guys dont live to the end, etc?

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
I understand what you are saying, I get it, but they make money and lots of it using guns in their films. It is irrelevant who dies according to them and their inane anti-gun promotion, good guys or bad. Just like gun death statistics, suicide, murder, legal, illegal, justified or not they are all grouped together as numbers that people like this can point to, chart and say see, this is bad without knowing facts. The numbers are non discretionary so the gun deaths in the movies should be non discretionary, apples to apples.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I dislike 99% of Grimsark's bs political videos and pictures (take it to the politics thread you massive pussy), but that video is spot on. Jamie Foxx is indeed a hypocrite for starring in movies with gun violence, then speaking against gun violence. Now if going forward he only makes movies with Wes Anderson, then I'd give him a pass.

Jimmies will be rustled

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I"ll agree that "connoseuirs" are assholes in general, but just because this guy made a career out of being a dick, doesn't in my book make him right. Carol Burnette used to flush water out her nose before her shows to help her pronounce things better. She was a professional, but you don't hear of many others doing this. Just because one nutjob does something doesn't make it a correct choice. As to this video, and the 100k pound bottle of booze, of which three were made, and one is stated that he won't forseeably be drinking it, I say "phooey". How can they claim it as the "best blend ever in the world" with any validity if no one tests it? Hell, it could be vodka mixed with some tea. "Seal it up boys, if anyone pays this for it they'll never drink it." lol. And if they ever DID drink it, and it was a fake, what are they gonna do? Bitch about it? Just makes the buyer look dumb. i've tasted 80 year old Scotch once, and it tasted pretty much identical to 8 month old scotch. I don't profess to have a masterful palette, but I'm pretty sure I know the difference in things enough to know there's really not more than bragging rights associated with anything like ancient booze.

Oblig:

ilikefoods;39449 said:
Any so called connoisseur of alcohol, whether it be wine or whisky, are assholes. People frequently put a drop of water in their whisky so they can actually taste it. I've been to a lot of whisky tasting events across Scotland and it is a very common.
And I'm fairly sure he knows a thing or 2 about whisky given that he has been master blender for Dalmore for 40 something years.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs at a distillery, and they water their rum down before they bottle it to get the right alcohol percentage. I don't see how it would be any different for whiskey.

Maleficence_sl

shitlord
Oblig:

By that token, any person that's ever paid for a movie or game that prominently featured gun violence is a hypocrite, as well. What about the consuming masses that generate these profits and demand products be violent? What about all the CoD players and the action flick lovers, shouldn't you be condoning them as well, for perpetuating and subsidizing a "culture of violence"? Nevermind all of these gamers who are immersed in games that solely focus on destruction and killing... they're all massacre loving hypocrites.

This all just reeks of some pussy-hurt NRA fag, if you're going to attack violence in media, you attack both the consumers and producers. Or are they pushing forth the argument that "we, the people" are brain-dead morons incapable of making decisions for ourselves. That we are blindly controlled by Hollywood moguls and obey their witty, violence-laced marketing without any critical thinking involved. And these same fags are then clamoring to furnish these unwashed masses with weapons? A mass of imbeciles incapable of standing up to their own decisions, with no moral obligations? Riiiighht.

?I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.?
? William F. Buckley Jr.

I dislike 99% of Grimsark's bs political videos and pictures (take it to the politics thread you massive pussy), but that video is spot on. Jamie Foxx is indeed a hypocrite for starring in movies with gun violence, then speaking against gun violence. Now if going forward he only makes movies with Wes Anderson, then I'd give him a pass.

Jimmies will be rustled

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Or are they pushing forth the argument that "we, the people" are brain-dead morons incapable of making decisions for ourselves. That we are blindly controlled by Hollywood moguls and obey their witty, violence-laced marketing without any critical thinking involved. And these same fags are then clamoring to furnish these unwashed masses with weapons? A mass of imbeciles incapable of standing up to their own decisions, with no moral obligations? Riiiighht.

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said."
? William F. Buckley Jr.

Between the Prussian based educational system that emphasis's loyalty and left brain linear thinking over heuristic reasoning and right brain creative thought.

And Alpha wave television, the box that causes mass hypnotic suggestion what would you call a people subjected to that for about 120 and 70 years respectively.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oblig:

By that token, any person that's ever paid for a movie or game that prominently featured gun violence is a hypocrite, as well. What about the consuming masses that generate these profits and demand products be violent? What about all the CoD players and the action flick lovers, shouldn't you be condoning them as well, for perpetuating and subsidizing a "culture of violence"? Nevermind all of these gamers who are immersed in games that solely focus on destruction and killing... they're all massacre loving hypocrites.

This all just reeks of some pussy-hurt NRA fag, if you're going to attack violence in media, you attack both the consumers and producers. Or are they pushing forth the argument that "we, the people" are brain-dead morons incapable of making decisions for ourselves. That we are blindly controlled by Hollywood moguls and obey their witty, violence-laced marketing without any critical thinking involved. And these same fags are then clamoring to furnish these unwashed masses with weapons? A mass of imbeciles incapable of standing up to their own decisions, with no moral obligations? Riiiighht.

"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said."
? William F. Buckley Jr.
Fail troll