The Walking Dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol at the petty hate i receive. i didnt bring up the colony, i just seconded that it was a great concept and it had real world fixes to survival problems. forget about the stupid drama and conflicts, it was as bad as TWD. the difference was that this show went the extra fucking mile and showed how you could realistically live in an apocalypse. something that TWD sorely lacks.

Goatface

The outbreak was going on for as long as it takes an IV bag to run out and then a man to die with no hydration. If that's the route you wanna go, then Rick Grimes doesn't even exist in your world, and you're splitting hairs about food supply?
I am just saying Rick was receiving some care at the hospital nearly 2 weeks after the outbreak and yes, no way he could lived that long after the hospital was overrun.

Rotanee_sl

shitlord
They grow their own beans, they always try to pawn a bunch of them off on me. Mostly shelling beans. they don't do green as far as I know.

And yeah they have power but a normal green house in southern Georgia (like in this show) would be the equivalent to their heated green house they use through the winter.

I'm not saying these people aren't crazy or anything because they are. In terms of strictly nutritional needs they only eat what they grow. They have Apple, Pear and Cheery trees as well along with some grape vines. Some new neighbors moved in a dew houses down and they two families got locked in a legal battle over if the hippies should be allowed to basically farm in their front yard. They have no water system set up, they just use their outside hose to fill watering jugs and pretty much tend their stuff all day long.

They also have this arc thing (best way I can describe it, looks like a mini noahs arc) that has some chickens in it. -shrug- they seem to do well and I know for a fact they only eat what comes from their property. -shrugs-

Anyway, my argument was you don't need a football field per person.
I'm older, grew up on a farm and it's totally plausible. My father and mother grew up during the depression. I'm not trying to be an ass, but people now have a really, really misdirected understanding of what you need to live. Perhaps it's too much food, too much having it easy. The last 30-40 years have also been filled with vitamin musts, antioxidants, health food, low fat, no bacon. I grew up mostly on turnips, potatoes, various beans, corn, eggs and a whole lot of meat; mostly home grown until I was older. Potatoes, pumpkins, turnips, onions all root cellar stored. Hell, half an acre of potatoes grown in two or three months is a awful lot of food. Yes, people generally might not be as healthy without a perfectly balanced diet, but you can live and some people will do well regardless.

Also, you don't need 100 acres unless you factor in water supply, a place to let live stock graze, etc; especially if you have a much longer growing season like down south. We had 5 or 6 acres for vegetables and potatoes, in upstate NY's short growing season, and grew not only enough for our family for 7 or 8 months, but we had a road side vegetable stand where we sold a lot of stuff.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hell yeah. My underground farm in Minecraft is only 18 x 18 squares and I have more sugarcane and potatoes than I know what to do with!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
AMC released a character prediction video for what might happen on season 5. This is NOT a trailer... just some of the actors being asked what they think will happen.

I am amazed they did not show the Governor its not like he wont be in some part next year, along with new head bad guy.

Example they could have shown the Governor looking even crazier then before.

Cheers.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm sure it's the governor that was feeding the walkers, luring them to the prison.

I'm 90% sure that trailer showed almost the full season too. Time will tell.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im still done with this shit. I do not tolerate milking a storyline for 2 seasons when it should have easily concluded in one.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Im still done with this shit.
Suuuure you are Astro. Just like you were after every single episode last season
smile.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
bah! i mean it this time! my inner nerd, says "yay, more zombies!" my outer adult says, "this show is fucking horrible and i hate everyone and every non zombie thing in it." so yeah its a struggle, but im going to stick to it.

i hope

Juvarisx

Florida
As awful as the show is, the makeup department looks to be on top of their game still. I like how the walkers are getting more decayed as the seasons are going on.

Cybsled

Judging from the preview and the mannerisms/actions of certain characters, I'm guessing Tyrese's sister and Maggie's sister and/or father get killed.