The Walking Dead

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If it's not shown or mentioned, it didn't fucking happen. End of discussion.
What are you talking about? Gov told Martinez to disarm everyone who's not assigned to guard duty, that much is pretty obvious and hardly bad writing. The odd thing is, why have everyone train in shooting, make a big deal out of recruiting and arming even some shitty teenager for the "army"; only to retcon this decision one episode later and grab all the guns again from the people.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

implied:past participle, past tense of im?ply
Verb
Strongly suggest the truth or existence of (something not expressly stated)

I think everyone watching the show except you got the impression that Martinez was taking the gun under orders from Phillip, being that he's clearly the top muscle thug for him now that Merle's gone. (Which was also implied rather than stated.) It was blatantly obvious that Andrea could see right through it too. Seeing how that was my first post on the subject and you are arguing with numerous real and imagined foes of your misguided opinion, it would seem that you need to "let it go".

Once again, there are plenty of things to bitch about here. You're off base on this one and you should quit while you're behind. Lets end this and focus on the real threat!!!!
Seeing how that was your first post that I never replied to? I've only been arguing with chaos, and a brief exchange with Black Tea. Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

If you bothered to read my first post on the subject you'd see that all I stated was that this episode was fucking lame and that Martinez taking Andrea's gun right before she leaves town and has her bit with the Governor was contrived.

con?trived

Adjective
Deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.
Giving a sense of artificiality.

Edit: I am wrong about one thing. The Governor did know she had been disarmed. He walked up to her right as Martinez was walking away. My bad.

Still contrived.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The gov gave the order to disarm the people. He damn well knows she is unarmed. besides even if he knew she was armed the writers would have her drop her gun in front of the gov or secretly have taken her ammo or fired bullets til empty mising every shot. Either way she was going to end up unarmed in that warehouse with the gov pretending hes a one eyed freddy krueger

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It wouldn't be a Walking Dead thread if people didn't suddenly chose a topic to nitpick that is explained if you FUCKING PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHOW.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldnt figure out what that mist was, is an air cannon something new to that effect? The old school way was a jump cut to an already broken pane of glass that shatters with the hit. Looks better than that mist.
Not sure if it's how they always do it, but the effect is from a small compressed air cannon thing hitting it from the side with a small prod thing, straight against the edge rather than against the broad side. I think it makes the "glass" shatter all over in a more dramatic fashion than a direct hit. The lateral pressure makes it fracture all over, where the shovel by itself might make it just pop through a bit or bow in some, like a car window would. Especially since it's not normal glass.

Wish I could remember where I saw it all explained, maybe it was the Dar Robinson documentary years ago.

One way or another though, you should never see the vapor from the cannon shooting out like that.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Usually plot holes in this series don't bother me a lot but the truck was too much. Even if the governor took the keys, she could have slashed the tires or disabled the electrical system.
Yeah, because having a panicked woman make a logical, forward-thinking decision is realistic

There are some problems with the plot, but some of you nitpick some retarded shit just to nitpick.

Zech_sl

shitlord
Ok, im going to go out on a limb here and just ask. Did anyone notice that after the whole warehouse zombie attack the Gov. kept pulling his jacket closed. He did it when he was in talking to Tyrese and he did it again when he was talking to the nerdy guy (Milton?), Did it give anyone else the impression that he was trying to hide something? like he was bit?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, im going to go out on a limb here and just ask. Did anyone notice that after the whole warehouse zombie attack the Gov. kept pulling his jacket closed. He did it when he was in talking to Tyrese and he did it again when he was talking to the nerdy guy (Milton?), Did it give anyone else the impression that he was trying to hide something? like he was bit?
Yea, the wife and I were saying the same thing. He looked a little pale too.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
On the wrong eye.

I actually thought the same thing, "I wonder if he's playing the ole "I'm bit and will go crazy now"" act, but I didn't notice the jacket.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
In the comics he had been a major character for some time by this point. They aren't following that, so no idea what is happening with him.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Part of the problem is Daryl is playing the role that Tyrese played in the comics. My guess is he will take over the Hershal role of playing the moral voice if they decide to bump him off.

Oldbased

> Than U
The gov gave the order to disarm the people. He damn well knows she is unarmed. besides even if he knew she was armed the writers would have her drop her gun in front of the gov or secretly have taken her ammo or fired bullets til empty mising every shot. Either way she was going to end up unarmed in that warehouse with the gov pretending hes a one eyed freddy krueger
Not to mention it shows him watching her be disarmed then soon as that dude takes her gun and ammo he walks up and says I should have told you about this. So people spent part of 2 pages discussing something he was well aware of.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People spent 2 pages arguing shit THAT DOESNT MATTER AT ALL. He's a fucking ninja, didn't matter if she had a gun or whatever.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This show makes me appreciate the consistent way the characters in Justified are written and acted.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I went ahead and read all of this week's posts before watching (and also waited until Wednesday to watch). It was so much worse than you all made it sound. I really hate it when I finish watching something and I think "I could write something better than that shit." It's pathetic that someone got paid to make that.