Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The War of the Worlds

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2019-10-30

Creator: Peter Harness

Cast: Robert Carlyle, Eleanor Tomlinson, Rafe Spall, Rupert Graves

Overview: In Edwardian England, George and his partner Amy attempt to defy society and start a life together as they face the escalating terror of an alien invasion, fighting for their lives against an enemy beyond their comprehension.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
New War of the Worlds miniseries I caught wind of. First two episodes are out. True to the original source material it takes place in Victorian England. High budget and pretty cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
How are the first two episodes out? I thought it didnt start until Oct 30th on the BBC?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is an interesting interpretation as the aliens are dead pretty quickly. It definitely takes time to checkbox the woke requirements though.
  • Sideplot about women being treated differently in Victorian England.
  • Climate Change (nevermind that this was caused by Martians. Very important).
  • Imperialism is bad.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Redhead from Poldark is filthy hot.

E4DA0011-9181-4904-948E-547E68B89CC5.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's only two episodes of this series as far as I can tell. I dunno where they'd go after the end of the second one otherwise.

They do a fair job expanding HG Wells' story without going too far past the boundaries of the book, but it gets real eye-rollery with its critique on colonialism.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mad props for being the first War of the Worlds live action version to actually include the "black smoke" Martian weapon from the book.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
There's only two episodes of this series as far as I can tell. I dunno where they'd go after the end of the second one otherwise.

Its really confusing, there are TWO versions of this coming out, both at the same time.

The first one is 3 parts, released on BBC. Only episodes 1 & 2 have aired. This one takes place in Victorian England and is more standard and probably what you guys have seen. There is still 1 more episode to go.

The second is is 8 episodes and will air on Fox (starting Oct 30th, the same time the last episode of the first one will air) and was created in the USA. This starts airing in a week, and is set in the present day and is more an Independence day style "aliens destroy most of humanity and then attack" kind of show.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I bet it spends the next 6 episodes going on about global warming.

Those damnable martians are going to ruin the environment!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Its really confusing, there are TWO versions of this coming out.

The first one is 3 parts, released on BBC. Only episodes 1 & 2 have aired.

The second is is 8 episodes and will air on Fox and was created in the USA.

Well I meant this particular show, as in the one in the OP. I've seen the second episode and it seems like it more or less ends there. I suppose a third episode could expand on it even more somehow, but everything is sealed up pretty good by the end of the second.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
2 series at the same time, that's funny.

I've got an interest in war of the worlds, mostly from the old 70's album. That was a big thing when I was growing up and the story has stuck with me.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
OK so after reading the Wikipedia for the British version, it seems it aired in NZ in 2 parts. So the 2 that are out there are the complete min-series. Kept waiting to see if a 3rd would come out before reading that...:emoji_confused:

• 2Like

Cybsled

The one from the 80s? I vaguely remember that as a kid. The only scenes I remember from it were a 1950s style ship they uncover and a scene where an alien disguised as a human was in a salon and pulled out a buzz saw to cut open her client’s skull

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database