The War Z

It gets better

"The post goes on to list a variety of changes in the new patch, including "increasing the respawn-timer from 1 hour to 4 hours", while adding a "revive" button where players can spend real-world money to revive instantly. Reddit users have suggested that this addition forces players into a micro-transaction model. "

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/fans-say...lopers-6401741

15 bucks for a game where you have to wait 4 hours to respawn unless you pay them money

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
LOL just look at these shill reviews. Unfucking believable.

I have played DayZ.. and it sucks. The Warz has a better gameplay! I think this game is really good and makes a lot of fun. Yes there are some problems but this is a new game! It's like litte child! The Game must grow up to be perfekt. I think in future it will be better. Everyone will lean how to solve such problems and how to speak with the community , the devs too!
And on top of all of this the game is only $15. When compared to a normal $60 game this is a great deal! Go buy it before they do take it out of beta and jump that price up to $60.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
sergey titov as a person should be banned from ever selling on Steam again, along with his senior staff.

Not only was the game unfinished, his entire attitude the last few days was absolutely out of order. Earlier today, he still called people out on the warz website for not understanding correctly that i.e. "up to 100 players" fits perfectly well with a 50 player hard cap.

Steam shouldn't work out a deal with him as their release states, they should send him straight over to Origin.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Fromforbes.com:

"Many people are criticizing Valve for what is obviously an unfinished product showing up in their store. The problem appears to be a simple one.Because the game's publisher had a game on Steam previously, their new titles can skip the review process, giving The War Z a free pass through the back door."

xzi

Mouthbreather
Fromforbes.com:

"Many people are criticizing Valve for what is obviously an unfinished product showing up in their store. The problem appears to be a simple one.Because the game's publisher had a game on Steam previously, their new titles can skip the review process, giving The War Z a free pass through the back door."
Yeah, but not so much anymore. Not even that they released an unfinished project with false advertising, but they were banning people on theSTEAMforums from posting because they were being criticized.

I highly doubt Valve will ever work with them again.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's a bit of a shame really, the game could have been great. Scummy designer aside, the framework for something pretty cool was there. It's probably sunk at this point though, and honestly with good cause. I actually have a decent time playing it as a DayZ alternative with better inventory/ui, but at this point I kind of feel dirty that they have my 15$ and feel like I should get the refund on principle.

The respawn thing is overblown though. You can make 5 characters per account, so it's not like you just can't play if you die. You can delete them too and just create fresh ones as well, which doesn't really cost anything as if you die you have no items left anyway.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Being a long time Arma fan, I wrote this garbage off the second I saw it. It isn't worth nearly all this text, much less a thread in mmo general.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a bit of a shame really, the game could have been great. Scummy designer aside, the framework for something pretty cool was there. It's probably sunk at this point though, and honestly with good cause. I actually have a decent time playing it as a DayZ alternative with better inventory/ui, but at this point I kind of feel dirty that they have my 15$ and feel like I should get the refund on principle.
It could've been a great game, but I don't really think they ever had any intention of releasing a great game. It was more of a cash grab riding on the coattails of Day Z's success. It was basically pieced together from assets of their previous games (War Inc. and literally Big Rigs, a game that released almost a decade ago) and rushed out the door.

Also,this is amusing:

As promised, the strange saga of War Z just keeps getting stranger. Turns out this promo screen for zombie survival game, which was pulled from Steam earlier today, was plagiarized from The Walking Dead.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I would be surprised if anyone ever lets him work on a game again in his life.

After Big Rigs that motherfucker should have been banned from using a computer

Crizack_sl

shitlord
This game has one of the most intense heart pounding action I have ever participated in. It's extremely gratifying when you win in fire fights and you get extremely sad when you lose. If you actually played the game with any kind of skill level, you would understand the intensity.

Totalbiscuit went into this game with a negative attitude and had no clue what he was doing. He walked around with a flashlight and instead of trying to kill zombies one by one, he goes around rushing through them only to get zerged down, WOULD YOU DO THIS IN "REAL LIFE Apocalypse?" -_-

He never found 1 of the 25~ guns and then called the combat bad. This is a full loot, hardcore pvp game and he couldnt deal with the PVE aspect of it.

"The FOV hurts me and makes me sick ='("
"The texture of this tree is hurrrrdurrr"

TB had only 3 valid arguments:
-Fall damage way too high/glitchy.
-Cannot swim through water.
-Shouldn't have gone live on Steam.

And thats not even the worst part of WarZ's problem, its hackers.
Which I thought would be helped by Steams Punkbuster or VAC.

Really the pitch forks from reddit are way over the top, the gameplay is as fun as Dayz and less buggy/glitchy than Dayz's inventory system. I bet at least over 70% of the complaints are forom people that didnt buy the game or heard of it prior to Tb's video.

It's funny how all of this could have been avoided with 1 line stating: "Current features" and "In Development Features"

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Totalbiscuit had no clue what he was doing.
You mean like everyone else who just buys the game and launches it?

How many hours are we supposed to study this game before playing for the first time?

Is your university offering classes?

He tried everything. Sneak approaches, going out of the way (LOL Swimming into the city!) meleeing zombies with a fucking microtransaction weapon. I don't see what else he could have done.

and the textures are fucking horrible, he's played on highest detail. How can you excuse these 10 year old graphics?

you mean getting killed by an invisible player because his model didn't load for a whole minute was an invalid complaint? Or the suppposedly "ex-military" character unable to run for more than 10 seconds with an empty backpack without going out of breath?

Can we get even one example of bad hacking going on in this game? I haven't seen anything, read about anything, anywhere.

Javvo_sl

shitlord
The developer is obviously a douche bag, but Crizack does bring up a good point about totalbiscuit. The guy is fucking terrible at video games. I have no idea how he got such a big following (j/k MMO-Champion mouth breathers). Every time I saw one of his WoW videos I wanted to punch something he was so bad. I can easily see that translating to his play in this game, leading to Crizack's frustration with it.

Marple_sl

shitlord
This game has one of the most intense heart pounding action I have ever participated in. It's extremely gratifying when you win in fire fights and you get extremely sad when you lose. If you actually played the game with any kind of skill level, you would understand the intensity.

Totalbiscuit went into this game with a negative attitude and had no clue what he was doing. He walked around with a flashlight and instead of trying to kill zombies one by one, he goes around rushing through them only to get zerged down, WOULD YOU DO THIS IN "REAL LIFE Apocalypse?" -_-

He never found 1 of the 25~ guns and then called the combat bad. This is a full loot, hardcore pvp game and he couldnt deal with the PVE aspect of it.

"The FOV hurts me and makes me sick ='("
"The texture of this tree is hurrrrdurrr"

-Fall damage way too high/glitchy.
-Cannot swim through water.
-Shouldn't have gone live on Steam.

Which I thought would be helped by Steams Punkbuster or VAC.

Really the pitch forks from reddit are way over the top, the gameplay is as fun as Dayz and less buggy/glitchy than Dayz's inventory system. I bet at least over 70% of the complaints are forom people that didnt buy the game or heard of it prior to Tb's video.

It's funny how all of this could have been avoided with 1 line stating: "Current features" and "In Development Features"
I think he means you :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQrhrooSOY

Crizack_sl

shitlord
You mean like everyone else who just buys the game and launches it? How many hours are we supposed to study this game before playing for the first time? Is your university offering classes?
He tried everything. Sneak approaches, going out of the way (LOL Swimming into the city!) meleeing zombies with a fucking microtransaction weapon. I don't see what else he could have done.
Took me an 15minutes to figure out the game, I did play Dayz tho, so I did already have a general understanding about the game in general. TB killed what, 2 zombies in this video? Did he try too figure out how to kill them? Simply just aim for the head, body shots take like 30 shots, headshots take 7 with a flash light, 3 headshots with a hammer 10+ to the body. Don't all zombie-esqe movies, tv shows, video games, teach you to the aim for the head? Thisisan FPS. The guy spent money on a micro-transaction melee wpn then chooses not to use it. Pro-tiprunningaround like an asshole - zombies aggro you like lvl 1 in a lvl 60 zone. How is this any different than lets say Planetside took me a few days to fully understand the game and theres still so much I DONT know about.

and the textures are fucking horrible, he's played on highest detail. How can you excuse these 10 year old graphics?
Put it to you this way, if I only played games based on graphics - I would have missed some of my most favorite games to exist. Fuck you. Trees are meant for camouflage big fucking deal. The game looks fucking fine too me. zzzzz

you mean getting killed by an invisible player because his model didn't load for a whole minute was an invalid complaint? Or the suppposedly "ex-military" character unable to run for more than 10 seconds with an empty backpack without going out of breath?
Alright yeah, I'll give you that. Ironically the next day that bug was fixed and was just recently introduced the week prior in a buggy patch. Sprint is aresource, jamming down on sprint to get to place to place no fucking shit you are gonna run out of endurance. Sprint prolly last around 30 seconds and takes about a minute to full recharge. If TB didnt get hit by zombies every 2seconds like a fucking moron he woulda been ok. Also there are endurance pots.

Can we get even one example of bad hacking going on in this game? I haven't seen anything, read about anything, anywhere.

The thing most people are butt-hurt about this game is the fact that on the steam page it wasn't 100% fourth coming. It list a bunch of upcoming features about the game that arent currently implemented and showcases them in the steam description page.Steam will more than likely have to hire someone to make sure people do not take advantage of the "Steam Green Light", something that is is community driven to be released on steam if memory serves me right.

Since then the steam page has been corrected and fixed, but the backlash from TB and the community on reddit/steam has probably killed this games potential to grow. What gets me is that people complain about micro-transactions - everything is fucking optional, you dont need shit from the store? It's a full loot PVP game - are you fucking dense?

Or wait you can be like TB buy some fucking shit from the store (even tho you were trying to "showcase" the store) and not know how the games mechanics work and then fucking complain about it losing it? REALLY? Pander some more, please!

The game runs fine, patches are weekly to biweekly. The game is fuckign fun and intense. The only big problem in this game are its hackers. Full loot PVP + hackers in the youtube videos = not fun.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one said anything "only" about the graphics, but the game lists high quality graphics as a feature, then they're fucking terrible. Fuck you, you fucking shill.

I also see dishonesty is not really a big deal to you. I'm out.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
TB has a lot of influence when it comes to these things believe it or not. I started following TB 6months ago, the guy has a lot of power. Example I am thinking about is test gun feature in PS2 was a complaint he had in one of his videos, PS2 comes out and theres a test gun feature. Dev's listen to this guy because he has such power, thus consumers actually listen to him and follow his advice.

For him to tell me the the video is not for me fine, great but to be pandering to people - thats wrong too. He is blatantly going into a game genre he dislikes and then shitting on it because he doesn't know what hes doing or how it works. He isn't even trying to learn the mechanics because hes too busy yapping it up on camera to even be aware of his surroundings, blowing air into your asshole.

He's playing a MMO game by himself with no idea whats going on. The only reason I enjoy Dayz/Warz was because of a TB video of him and Dayz Dev where they run around and show him how the game works, it shows potential for a game where TB just didn't understand because he doesn't have any friend to play with.

Bore Z video in a nutshell:http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity

TB has more of a stick in his ass about the DEV's then the actual game, but jams his shiv into the actual game. But really part of the blame is Steam for not checking out this shit, otherwise "Greenlight" project is going down the shitter.