The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
From Selix' post above I learned about 2 shows.

1. Show Me a Hero - which I already posted abouthere.

2. The Corner - A HBO mini-series I had never heard of. It preceded The Wire and takes place in Baltimore. It is funny to see a lot of the same locations they used in The Wire as well as a lot of actors. The show for whatever reason is not available on HBO-Go, but I was able to find it on YouTube. Below is the first episode.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That mini-series is rough. Even more rough than The Wire if you ask me, because instead of following the city it follows this family, it gets more personal.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The Corner is the Dunk and Egg for The Wire.

Required watching for wire fans.

iannis

Musty Nester
I watched the whole thing and Obama didn't say, "Dey put Dookie in the vacants!" even once.

THANKS OBAMA.

How old is that interview? These past few posts are the first I've ever heard of it. They needed more exposure on this. That's the sort of thing that I'dloveto see a President do more of. Even if it's not entirely his place (it's not entirely anyone's), even if it was slightly slanted (always will be), that's fine. Trying to start a non-soundbyte grow'd up examination is worth a few eyerolls.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
David Simon is great. It's a scary thought but we should look to the future and legalize most drugs, the war on drugs is spastic and one of the biggest mistakes ever made.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What's hilarious about that video is that he's basically being interviewed by the President.

When you make The Wire, president interviews YOU.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Another little touch I noticed the other day.

A locked door prevents Stringer from escaping his death. The first words from Avon after stringers death: "Shut that fucking door". Nothing in this show is accidental.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thats because The Wire is a masterpiece and shit like TWD is consumed by the masses as great drama

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That mini-series is rough. Even more rough than The Wire if you ask me, because instead of following the city it follows this family, it gets more personal.
Finished it last night. Rough is a good adjective. The interview at the end was rough too.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That interview was cool, but has the president always had that much trouble spitting out a sentence? Seems like everything he said had 5 pauses, 6 ums, and a couple of "and and and and" type pauses. Has he always been like that?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Thats because The Wire is a masterpiece and shit like TWD is consumed by the masses as great drama
I once had a co-worker tell me TWD was the greatest show on TV. This was during a time when it overlapped Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones as current television. It just reinforced an earlier statement of his that he could watch flies fucking as long as it was on TV. Needless to say I don't put much stock in his opinion of TV shows.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
BROS i am in dire need of stuff to watch i hate 99% of tv the only thing i really watch is the first 48(anything to do with murder/investigations real time/life) and game of thrones, the office. as fans of the wire i already highly value your opinions and am looking forward to some suggestions on what to watch!