The Witch (2015)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Witch

Tagline: Evil takes many forms.

Genre: Mystery, Horror

Director: Robert Eggers

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Ineson, Kate Dickie, Harvey Scrimshaw, Ellie Grainger, Lucas Dawson, Bathsheba Garnett , Sarah Stephens, Julian Richings, Wahab Chaudhry, Axtun Henry Dube, Athan Conrad Dube, Vivien Moore, Karen Kaeja, Brandy Leary, R. Hope Terry, Carrie Eklund, Madlen Sopadzhiyan, Paul Kenworthy, Mark Millmna, Andy Volpe, Phillip Wynne, Annawon Weeden, Michael O'Hare, Chris Messier, Ron Young, Nora Messier, Bill Rudder, Grace Duffy, Sophie Bermudez, Corrine Manning, Heather Fisher

Release: 2016-02-19

Runtime: 92

Plot: In 1630s New England, William and Katherine lead a devout Christian life with five children, homesteading on the edge of an impassable wilderness, exiled from their settlement when William defies the local church. When their newborn son vanishes and crops mysteriously fail, the family turns on one another.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 98543[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Witch (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Robert Eggers[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Anya Taylor-Joy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ralph Ineson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kate Dickie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harvey Scrimshaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bathsheba Garnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sarah Stephens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julian Richings[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lucas Dawson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ellie Grainger[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-03-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]92[/RUNTIME]

Plot: New England in the 1630s: William and Katherine lead a devout Christian life with five children, homesteading on the edge of an impassable wilderness. When their newborn son vanishes and crops fail, the family turns on one another. Beyond their worst fears, a supernatural evil lurks in the nearby wood.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
l6NobtvA1FMhtV2HH20spDGr1wl.jpg

Title: The Witch

Genre: Mystery, Horror

Director: Robert Eggers

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Ineson, Kate Dickie, Harvey Scrimshaw, Ellie Grainger, Lucas Dawson, Bathsheba Garnett , Sarah Stephens, Julian Richings, Wahab Chaudhry, Axtun Henry Dube, Athan Conrad Dube, Vivien Moore, Karen Kaeja, Brandy Leary, R. Hope Terry, Carrie Eklund, Madlen Sopadzhiyan, Paul Kenworthy, Mark Millmna, Andy Volpe, Phillip Wynne, Annawon Weeden, Michael O'Hare, Chris Messier, Ron Young, Nora Messier, Bill Rudder, Grace Duffy, Sophie Bermudez, Corrine Manning, Heather Fisher

Release: 2016-02-19

Runtime: 92

Plot: In 1630s New England, William and Katherine lead a devout Christian life with five children, homesteading on the edge of an impassable wilderness, exiled from their settlement when William defies the local church. When their newborn son vanishes and crops mysteriously fail, the family turns on one another.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Fuck this. I became that much of a pussy while watching that trailer my dick started fucking my own ass.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, horror usually leaves me with a limp penis, but this right here... may be really fucking solid. Definitely going to see it Thursday. I can't vvait!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Anyone catch this yet? Missed a chance to see it this afternoon. Would appreciate a Rerolled review...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not playing in my back water Midwest crap hole. Maybe get to catch it when I'm in Bismarck next week.

Intox_sl

shitlord
I saw it. It's hard to review. I personally liked it. It's mostly a family drama with some creepy stuff going on. Its definitely a slow burn of a movie. The crazy lady, Lysa Arryn, from game of thrones turns her crazy up another notch. The daughter from the previews was good. The other kids are sort of annoying. I feel most movie goers will find it boring. If you like slow burn horror, you will probably like it. If you like jump scares and movies closer to the current stock of horror this isn't for you.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I saw it. I think those looking for a scary movie will leave disappointed. It has some creepy moments, but it's more of a slow character study with an ironic twist. It has pretty good atmosphere though, and it is definitely different from anything else out there. I would give it a B. Well, a B+, because after I saw it, I was very grateful that I don't have any children.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Slow burn is definitely the best way to describe it. The movie isn't out to "startle" you. There aren't jump scares or anything. It is the slow, systematic destruction of a family's faith and bond to each other.

If you liked "It Follows", you will probably like this.

I enjoyed it, but I can see how people would be bored, especially if they are looking for standard, big studio 'horror'. The movie is definitely overhyped on "scary" factor, but (spoilers regarding how the ending strikes me)

The ending is like dramatic tension/adrenaline blue balls. The whole movie slowly gets darker and darker, builds more and more tension, rampsthe adrenaline up to 11 in the final act, then ends. Albeit not in a bad nor illogical way, but without any kind of release of the tension, in my opinion. This is probably where it succeeds most in being 'scary', especially for particularly empathetic people (I don't know if that is the right word).

The movie fills you with all this tension and dread, then just sends you home in the dark without relieving any of the stress.

The mom, dad and main character daughter were all well done. The twins are annoying, but that is probably to their benefit. Visually, it looks very good, same with the audio work (though not as good as the constant, howling gale of Krampus, imo). if you're looking for a story and not just jumpscares, this is a good one.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Intox and Angerz summed it up well. Not your typical horror fare, but I enjoyed it. The end is really the only scary part (and it's more psychological / creepy than in-your-face scary).

Well-made film, not for a casual audience.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Saw it on Friday with my fiance, who is a horror buff, and she liked it. Granted, she's into psychological horror so watching the family tear itself apart was right up her alley. The movie is also a bit of a period piece, yet at the same time has parallels to modern day society when it
comes to radicalization/terrorism
which I thought was interesting.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database