The Witcher

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Season 1 had flaws but it was forgivable. This is a pretty big improvement across the board. I think the acting is better, the budget is higher, the confusing time jump shit isn't in this season. Good to see the show improve with another season under its belt. Only have like...two episodes left. This shit is too short!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was going to watch an episode a night so I have something to watch over Christmas break and I just finished episode 6. Fuck.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished it.

That was very well done. Its like they learned what not to do in the first season and hit it out of the park. I also wanted to spread it out but the story was too interesting.

Really looking forward to Season 3. They showed previews to a spin off. I am not as confident about that.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Finished it last night and enjoyed it more than the first. There’s still the problem where there’s too much of the bullshit politics that seem to overwhelm most episodes.

Geralt hunting monsters/Ciri training = fun

6 mages sitting around discussing Nilfgaard = no fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I loved the first season, and I’m only 2 episodes in this season but everything feels better so far, acting, sets, cgi, action scenes.

Looking forward to the rest.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Where do all these horses keep coming from? It's like the 300 horse sired some kids and they're all over the place.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Finished it last night and enjoyed it more than the first. There’s still the problem where there’s too much of the bullshit politics that seem to overwhelm most episodes.

Downtime is necessary in story telling otherwise you just end up with Michael Bay type trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Holy fuck o forgot how gross all the women in this are, was playing the game the other day and got confused. Fucking Barf
Dude if you don't think Yennefer and Triss are good looking your standards are way the fuck too high.

• 1Cringe

Burns

Dude if you don't think Yennefer and Triss are good looking your standards are way the fuck too high.

Standards for "Hollywood hot" are not the same as the standards for women you would have a relationship with.

The books, the games, and the show all go out of their way to show that the witches and mages can choose what ever face they want and are supposed to be the pinnacle of beauty (in order to more easily influence people). So they opened themselves up to criticizing the actors for not being Hollywood hot. Fringilla is so ghastly that every time she in on the screen it breaks the suspension of disbelief and almost all I can think about is: "that's the face she chose, when they were giving out faces, no fucking way".

Still, this season was great. Much better than the last (easily 8.0+ territory). Henry Cavill is still carrying the main weight of the show, but the rest of the cast and crew looks to be giving it their all.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

The execution needs to be better, but the politics are a massive part of the story. They need to simplify it. If I didn't play the games I think I'd be a bit lost. I had the same complaint last season.

Triss looks a lot better this season.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The execution needs to be better, but the politics are a massive part of the story. They need to simplify it. If I didn't play the games I think I'd be a bit lost. I had the same complaint last season.

Triss looks a lot better this season.
I don’t mind the politics in part because it’s a big part of what’s happening in the larger world but some episodes just seemed like 80% trying to be GoT style political intrigue and then the final 20% being actually focused on what’s happening with the main characters.

In relation to the literature I always preferred the short stories because they were more like mysteries. “Is it monster A?” *investigate* “Nope. Monster B. Better figure out a plan.”

Yeah, Triss gets most improved player this season.

• 2Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Standards for "Hollywood hot" are not the same as the standards for women you would have a relationship with.

The books, the games, and the show all go out of there way to show that the witches and mages can choose what ever face they want and are supposed to be the pinnacle of beauty (in order to more easily influence people). So they opened themselves up to criticizing the actors for not being Hollywood hot. Fringilla is so ghastly that every time she in on the screen it breaks the suspension of disbelief and almost all I can think about is: "that's the face she chose, when they were giving out faces, no fucking way".

Still, this season was great. Much better than the last (easily 8.0+ territory). Henry Cavill is still carrying the main weight of the show, but the rest of the cast and crew looks to be giving it their all.
Well the chick who plays Ciri is 20 so fap away (also think shes a good acress fwiw)

• 2Worf

gak

<Gold Donor>
w.jpg

We're only a couple of ep in but ya the sub-plot talkie scenes bring the show to a screeching halt every time.

Was a little disappointed in the vesemir cast, but mostly 'cause I was hoping they'd cast kurgan...

kurgan.gif

• 1Barf

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Am i crazy or was Triss insanely better in season 2? Maybe the hair change helped a lot. I remember hating her in season 1.

Edit nm, i guess everyone already mentioned how much she improved lol. Now she just needs to keep her hair straight and throw in more red

4102b4fe90de8c2cf35a9bb9164a0f76.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is way better then season 1. I watched season 1 just because it's Witcher and Cavil is awesome. I'm actually invested in the characters and story now with season 2. Everyone involved with this show upped their game and it shows. Really great season.

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The demand for a shorter wait with season 3 is going to be insane. I'm really curious what the numbers are going to show.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Cavill had a hamstring injury on top of covid delays, don't know why people expect another 2 year wait.

• 2Like

Araxen

I'm only through episode 3, and this season is miles better than Season 1(which was really good too). This is how you do a fantasy show. They should give the showrunners the reigns on a D&D series. I'd bet they'd knock it out of the park.

• 2Like