The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

khalid

Unelected Mod
The other thing that comes to mind is the wholecodeof the team in the show Hustle and their Rule #1: You can't cheat an honest man..
I have never seen the show Hustle, but I hate that saying. It is used by hustlers to essentially justify scamming people. For example, plenty of good, honest people were taken in my Belfort and his ilk. In fact, it is honest people that tend to be more trusting, which makes them easier to scam. They are honest, so it is hard for them to fathom that nothing you are saying is truthful at all.

As for the movie, I got really bored with it. It isn't fun for me to watch endless scenes of druggies partying, especially when interspersed with stealing and nothing to counterbalance it. The tipping point for me was where they had a really dragging scene of him trying to leave the country club, staring down at the steps, tumbling down them, etc. Just FOREVER spent on a scene that I could have cared less about. After that point, I was just checking the time the entire rest of the movie, hoping it would end.

I also felt very cheated that the movie never touched on the victims whatsoever. Boiler Room is a much much better movie on the same topic, which actually showed families being talked into putting their entire nestegg into this junk and then losing all their money, their house, their family. It also showed the moral conflict also, where some people were perfectly happy to rip people off, but it must have torn others apart. I can't even imagine my reaction after some of the calls back (that were shown in Boiler Room).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Uhh yeah there was supposed to be something after that sentence that didn't make it sound like I was calling the small business guys greedy, not sure where it went. I blame work conference calls. But I'm with you on the rationalization.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Minus the fucking over of innocent people. This dude lived my dream. Your crew, heaps of drugs and sluts. Fucken oath. Sickest movie.

spronk

FPS noob
ok the real bluray 1080p rips are out. Its the theater version, there is apparently a 4 hour cut that has more swearing and sex scenes but its not going to be on the bluray, and scorsese generally doesn't have/allow multiple versions of his movies
frown.png

bluray is in stores march 25th

edit: saw the movie tonight, was awesome. Felt really like a Goodfellas: Wall Street. Even though its almost 3 hours it just flies by. 1080p rip is gorgeous. There are a SHITLOAD of naked women in the movie.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
ALRIGHT. I gotta ask. When Jordan Belfort first meets Naomi at that party, does she speak in an Australian accent for her first two sentences? I can't be the only one, right?

• 1Picard

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think you're right. I didn't even remember until you mentioned it, but pretty sure she did.

Also, I had seen Jonah Hill give an interview and he told a long old story about the scene where he gets punched. When that scene finally came in the film, I was really surprised because it totally could have been a normal stage punch. The camera was behind the puncher looking towards Jonah and it was soooo fast. I feel kinda bad for him lol

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
This has to be the most absurd movie I've seen in a good while. Everything in it is over the top. Everything. Good ending too.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Loved the movie. PArts of it were like a wealthy version of Trailer Park Boys.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I saw the new star wars movie today.

After that piece of shit I managed to catch 2/3rds of this movie on my TV.

Its still an excellent movie about humanity, the main character does all kind of fucked up shit, but his trophy wife only leaves him when he risks going broke.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie should be called "how to win big and spend it like a motherfucker afterwards"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's a 9.9 at best, they should have done something about her severe patellar angularity.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well, if you want to understand why the narrative of 'wealth is evil; plebs have it better' has pervaded our culture so thoroughly, look no further than the texts of Antonio Gramsci.

Marx, however, constructed a good argument against money in his early works. If you're interested,it's not long.

Lol

• 1Great Review