The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The office scene where the hot chick walks in during a party and the guy with glasses and huge teeth started to Jack Off right there, had me laughing for a solid 3 minutes.

Screwscrollz_sl

shitlord
Looks great. I generally don't give a shit about which actors are in which movie, but I am willing to give anything with Leo DiCaprio in it the benefit of the doubt and see it at least once.
Leonardo plays extremely well in this movie as of his other previous movies. Give it a shot!

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I don't think the movie did a very good job at showing how bad he screwed people over. You see a little about how he has little concern for his family, but not the hundreds of people he scammed. They could have easily added a scene where the dad watches the news while a victim tells their story about losing their retirement etc. I was talking with someone that worked for him out of college. The firm had a rule that you couldn't park in the parking lot unless you drove a benz or bimmer. Basically they wanted to give the clients the impression that everyone involved was rich, even though it wasn't the case. So he had to park his crappy Ford several blocks away and walk to work. The movie makes it look like he was always looking out for his employees etc. Only if he profited from it somehow
smile.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finally released in the UK today, saw it earlier. In no way did it drag, the only time I wanted to look at my watch was well after the point when everything was starting to catch up with him because I figured it must be relatively near the end.

I can only guess the people saying "it dragged" were the losers sat at home watching the screener on the laptops because their dog needed a walk or some pathetic shit

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
IMO it could have been shorter and with more of a explanation of what exactly he did that was illegal and what other shady stuff went on, and how it affected other people. a couple of times the character starts to explain the mechanics of what he was doing, but then snapped back saying "but you don't care about that! was it illegal? yes! now more drugs, sex and drama!"

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie too me was not meant to be a documentary. It was taking a person's story and adding debauchery to it in its most extreme form. The movie even describes itself when the father is telling his son that eventually the chickens come to roost. It was "obscene" in its portrayal. That being said, Leonardo did a fantastic job with its execution. Having seen the near 3 hour version of it, made me appreciate more, how good of an actor he has become.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I don't know about you guys but I laughed my ass off at this movie. It was a little long (close to 3 hours) but overall it was worth the $10 to see.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The only problem I had with the movie was the soundtrack. Many of the songs were used to indicate a change in the timeline but they also felt out of place. Why the fuck would you use Foo Fighters in a movie like that?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't really enjoy this movie, the humor felt too forced. There were some moments that I thought were funny, but more often than not I was just thinking to myself "Jesus I wish they would just shut the fuck up."

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Thought it was OK. Entirely way too long. Wish I had cocaine to sniff from my partner's ass to get me through it. I agree that the constant show of debauchery was tiresome and should not have been added. If not for the length of the movie, it was a pretty good movie; but, because it was 3 fucking hours, eh.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Didn't feel long at all for me. Thought it was awesome and Leo did a great job. The only scene where I thought the comedy was forced was when they were talking about the midgets in the office. Other than that is was hilarious. Definitely one of my favorites last year.