They are billions

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of their design decisions are... odd.

how did this not come back from playtesting as "dude, this is fucking dull"

304apg9.jpg

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
First mission was far too easy, I had cleared out the map by day 13 yet had to wait for day 20 until the game completed.

Hadn't played in a long time so didn't expect it to be this easy.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the campaign with 24k score. Gotta try again, that's not even the level 2 achievement.

Last mission is so crowded, game slows down 40% on brutal difficulty from the start until you clear a third of the map :D

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually been watching the campaign quite a bit on YT. Seems like they should have shifted the focus to this quite a bit earlier during EA rather than EA being all about survival mode and dumping the campaign out right at release and then trying to adjust it from there.

Both horde and hero missions seem dull as fuck, and the conventional missions very slow paced and repetitive. Leaving me very much still on the fence about getting it despite having a bit of an RTS itch atm.

*edit*

And they brag about how they custom built an engine to handle the numbers in their game, but the engine clearly can't actually handle it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Actually been watching the campaign quite a bit on YT. Seems like they should have shifted the focus to this quite a bit earlier during EA rather than EA being all about survival mode and dumping the campaign out right at release and then trying to adjust it from there.

Both horde and hero missions seem dull as fuck, and the conventional missions very slow paced and repetitive. Leaving me very much still on the fence about getting it despite having a bit of an RTS itch atm.

*edit*

And they brag about how they custom built an engine to handle the numbers in their game, but the engine clearly can't actually handle it.
The game's still totally worth it on survival alone. Unless they fucked that up in the past 8 months

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh, when it comes to RTS I need a campaign. Don't care if the story is unoriginal and repetitive, and if the missions really only exist as a way to show you the next step in the tech tree. CAMPAIGN OR BUST!!!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The campaign isn't bad, just be sure to play it on something approaching the highest difficulty to make it interesting.

The hero missions are really bad though. They just take forever, are completely uninteresting, hero units are basically just normal units with big stats. I wound up just putting all of those to lowest difficulty/zombie count just to get them done and never have to think about it again.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The campaign is absolute ass and they have received a lot of flak for it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the worst part about the campaign are the early swarm missions where it's hardly a test of skill and more like a gear check.

The later missions where the hordes start and stop coming from one direction and force you to react were more interesting, but even those suffer from horrible design. For example on the last swarm mission leading up to the final base mission, you have 60k infected coming, of all types except giants. You have to micro super fucking hard to stay alive for many minutes there, I think at the end I was missing thousands of Titan HPs in total. But at around 40 to 35k infected remaining, the special infected are all dead and now it's just an endless stream of regular infected. If you still have enough troops to gun them down, you can go afk for 20 minutes here. It's pointless.

The game would be better if this stuff weren't part of it. That's harsh, but true.

I think hero missions are easier to salvage. Your hero is actually pretty shit, I'd prefer a Titan or something. Even five soldiers would probably do a better job. The fact that regeneration is disabled means Caelus description of face tanking as he shoots infected is bullshit.

But the worst thing imo is their ham fisted band aid: Infected are deaf and inactive as long as you don't see them. They don't wander around and they don't react to noise. I assume they did this because it was the very only way to even make the higher difficulties playable. Otherwise on the open missions you'd just get fucked up after firing your gun 20 times. The downside here is: you get punished for exploring, and Vision increase skills are detrimental as well.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I just downloaded this and the FPS is broken af. One time the game wouldn't even load.

How do I fix the latency issues? Quineloe Quineloe is clearly familiar w the issue, please help :D

Capture.PNG

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's still not fixed? Pathetic.

Are you having the issue on any other map than the final map with the statue of liberty?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It's still not fixed? Pathetic.

Are you having the issue on any other map than the final map with the statue of liberty?

I literally installed the game two days ago haha. I have plenty of power and the intro vid stuttered harrrrd.

It was annoying selecting units on patrol in the first map bc the mouse would lag and the units would move beyond the click. Lulz.

I tried changing it out of windowed mode, which still doesn’t lock me into one screen (as I can simply slide my mouse to my other monitor and can’t move the map to the left), and I tried starting it as Administrator, but neither worked.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is completely unrelated then, the issue I had been talking about was that the engine was pushed beyond its limits on the final map due to the insane amount of idle zombies on the map.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That is completely unrelated then, the issue I had been talking about was that the engine was pushed beyond its limits on the final map due to the insane amount of idle zombies on the map.

Wellp, if I’m getting lag on the first map I’m probably doomed for the last one.