They are billions

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's one of the few things that has kept me leery of pulling the trigger on this, the fact that your success can be so heavily rng simply by virtue of what your starting location looks like.

You don't even have the game yet? People are greatly exaggerating on spawn importance, especially on map 4. Sometimes you get it like this, other times you get four resource caches right away. it's all about adapting. I've never abandoned a map yet just because "meh start location"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've won on shit maps and lost on great maps. This map 4 type tho ... gravy kill me

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I think I've managed to stabilize. Rushed out Stone walls earlier than usual and that did the trick

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Started going back to the other maps to bump up the difficulty and keep losing to dumb shit because I've gotten too aggressive.

I almost random mass aggro on early map 1 and I have no clue why they engaged in such large numbers. I didn't see any doomtown and I was still only using archers.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just made the 10k Colony achievement.

20180224213352_1.jpg

Use map 2, all the other maps will leave you food starved, space starved or power starved (map 3 is probably hardest because of that)

Mayors didn't really help, got 78 extra food from cottages, the others do nothing.

20180224215022_1.jpg

can be done in 120 days if you're focused easily, don't play 150 days, that's just an extra hour it will take you to finish.

First, start out as normal. Get one good housing district up, but then you don't make snipers - they're too slow and you don't need them. Get a few soldiers to clear the very few zombies that hang around - easy. 15 soldiers can handle a doom village on easiest level. Next, you rush Titans and set them to chase. This will clear the map very fast, you'll be hard pressed to throw up teslas behind them as they go to town. Tesla up the ENTIRE map and then make walls right next to the "no more building" limit. You will need all the space.

Ballista tower the entire wall - this should take up to 60 towers depending on your map.

Now look for the money food places where you can warehouse down those sweet +144 food advance farms.

Make as many farms, food cottages and warehouses until you reach total population + unspent food of 10k combined. This should be around 3k population and 7k unspent food. Do this first so you don't have to worry about food again, especially since advanced farms give +24 colonists.

I ended up with 61 advanced farms providing an average of 122 food each.

Now you quarry up all the stone and iron (not the gold), and get a lot of lumber mills down.

Place down the second and third housing district and make as many advanced mills as you can until you get uncomfortable with the remaining space. I have 102 advanced mills here. Now you throw down power plants instead of more mills to conserve space until you have around half the value of your spare food in power.

I made 17 power plants. You don't need stone anymore at this point, so use up your entire production if you want.

Now you spam cottages in every nook. Cottages, cottages and cottages. the reason for this is that 1. they require far less power per colonist (16 need 6 while a stone house needs 10) and 2. you nuked your stone production for the power plants. (This is also why you don't start this before you've walled up the entire border)

My final count is 308 stone houses in the housing districts and 466 cottages. Those cottages need 1400 power, if I had built stone houses instead as well, we'd be looking at 2300 power. Another 900 would be rough.

Now the final step is upgrading all your ballista to executors. Once you've finished that, you can go AFK until the game is won.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone still playing? I'm now doing 80days /high pop games. They're not clean, I don't know how you can win these clean, but they're so far more satisfying to win..

20180307212854_1.jpg

Didn't clear any corner. Barely killed enough in the southwest so that line didn't just get flat out overrun. Northeast got ruined by hundreds of special infected before the wave even got here (and most importantly, it prevented me from building walls. I held out with 20 snipers jumping between towers and a few executors until west and south were defended and I could rush all the troops from there to the CC.

CC survived with 75% barricades remaining.

20180307213049_1.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch 0.7.0.

You can now toggle alerts to get displayed even if the action is happening in your FoV. Music re-recorded by Bratislava Philharmonic Orchestra, sounds even better now. Inn is in.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
fun fact: This game seems to have some hidden copy protection where the game teleports a zombie on top of your tents every few days in case a pirated version was detected. Steam Support forum has quite a few threads from people who don't own the game on steam and whine about this "bug" :D

btw, new version with wonder buildings out. Pretty nice.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
fun fact: This game seems to have some hidden copy protection where the game teleports a zombie on top of your tents every few days in case a pirated version was detected. Steam Support forum has quite a few threads from people who don't own the game on steam and whine about this "bug" :D

That's
hilarious

.... only if it never bugs out and does it to a trupaying customer

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Knowing that and reading threads like this make me proud I promoted this game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

They had anti-piracy code in Titan Quest that made the cracked version unplayable, Titan Quest got bombed with negative reviews because of it. Even reviewers with legitimate copies made reference in their reviews to many people finding the game buggy and completely unplayable.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
p1999 will die the moment someone asks them to comply with GDPR, from the 25th of may forward

i made a thread to enquire about their preparations and got permbanned ;)

them hidden features, right

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Bought this last night to tide me over 'til new PoE league, played 2 games so far and got smashed around day 66 on each. Having a lot more fun than I thought I would despite getting my ass kicked.