They are billions

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol, played a bunch more games, got to day 80 once and had a ton of early fails/restarts cause I couldn't get a decent start set up. Just made it to the last horde on one finally and.... didn't even come close to actually winning.

Really didn't want to have to look up optimal build orders and crap to actually be able to win but looks like i'm gonna have to.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The most important aspect is maximizing your economy and expanding out early enough on the first map.. Your bank/market placement is important in order to be able to surround it with mass housing etc.

Don't waste resources building too many early walls, as most attacks until day 30 at least can be held off with a ranger ball and a few basic walls places the day the attack comes.

Infernus is pretty bad, don't build him. End game defenses usually involve a lot of tesla towers, as they are just the most efficient at clearing out the mass of attacks. Snipers are very important in towers, but be sure to set them to shoot highest level enemies rather than nearest so they shoot leapers/spitting/fatties etc. If your economy is very strong the titans can be quite good, but they are uber expensive.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So for the last game I had 2-4 executors and 1-3 shock towers at all of my walls/chokes and 3+ layers deep of the upgraded spike traps, along with like 50 soldiers. Not a single side of my base held for more than 10seconds or came close to clearing the ones from that side (did great vs the earlier waves tho). The side the giant came from went down in like 0.5 seconds, 2 of my towers dropped before my walls even died somehow and that was that. I think he fell to 9500 out of 10k life before everything died and he regened back up on his way to my CC.

Didn't set up any watchtowers/snipers this time cause it didn't work out for me in my last games so I just went straight towers and a ball of 12-15 soldiers to move around for the hordes and clearing space to expand. I think my end population was like 1210, didn't make any more houses after cause I had no space left in my walls and it was already like day 85 (93 is when I died) so I just started massing soldiers for the final wave and building as many towers as I could squeeze in everywhere.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha the campaign is ironman too. People are furious on their forums and reddit. Hahaha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Reddit page is pretty down on the campaign. Bland and repetitive mission objects. Boring and mundane shit, like get 600 population, kill all infected etc. Lack of an interesting story line to keep you grinding through the missions?

Confirm/Deny?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm not drunk enough to play it yet, and when I am, I don't expect to get far.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Reddit page is pretty down on the campaign. Bland and repetitive mission objects. Boring and mundane shit, like get 600 population, kill all infected etc. Lack of an interesting story line to keep you grinding through the missions?

Confirm/Deny?

The biggest issue is the "hero" you pick is only used on the side mission, not on the normal map which seems a total waste. That and the "tower" maps are fucking retarded. It's not well done IMO.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe people want too much out of their 25 dollar game that they've already spent 100+ hours playing.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe people want too much out of their 25 dollar game that they've already spent 100+ hours playing.

Shows what you know, I'll want 100+ hours from the 5 dollar game I get for 80% off on the next holiday sale!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is ironman?

It's Ironman similar to Xcom - you lose a mission, you can't reload from the start and make the loss go away. And it's not even as punishing as Xcom as you can't lose your soldiers for good, but it's a negative mark on your record to lose a mission.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

I think the bigger issue is they seemingly broke the game with this update and so far aren't even acknowledging that they changed the targeting. That and while adding a campaign is nice there's nothing actually new.

Edit: Actually forgot about the "Heroes", lol.