Things you couldn't live without.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Now that the majority of us are all grown up, what are some things you couldn't live without that your child self would be like "wtf?"

Like for me, I have a cast iron pan I just made breakfast on that belonged to my great grand mother. That damn thing can be sitting next to food and make it taste better just by sitting in close proximity to it, it's insane.

Anyone else have things like this?

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Idk about specific items like that. But perhaps my pc and internet access. Like if an emp hit and wiped out all electronics or the internet died...I'd be lost sadly. Cast Iron pans are good too have one of them as well. Also an mp3 player for work/gym, can't imagine using a walkman anymore.

*edit* I'm also 29 and finishing college so maybe I'm not old enough to respect other things like cast iron cookware yet.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Internet definitely, and sadly. During hurricane Irene I lost power for a whopping 10 hours and nearly lost my mind.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Eh I love the internet but last time I had an outage I just read a book and played a game. I could live without it I think. Plus saying I couldn't live without it wouldn't be shocking to my kidself either. Idea was things now that you're grown up you love that you never thought you would as a kid.

Another example, I dont think I would have the same quality life I have no if it weren't for my Keurig coffee maker.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I tried the baby wipes thing, I don't like wet things in my ass it seems so I thought it was terrible.

Brad2770

I couldn't live without Tuco moving Stupid Threads to the RR.

(You had to explain twice how the thread worked and then you picked a fucking frying pan.)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
People don't go into my ass at all. If you let people into yours that's cool, but I was talking about baby wipes.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
One thing I couldn't live without, and that is a piping hot bath on cold days. Given the choice i'd even choose it over the Internet, as I can also read a good book while in the bath.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm gonna go with ATM card. When I was a kid, there was something magical about having actual money in your pocket. It just wasn't the same if some relative gave you a birthday card with a check in it, for instance. These days, I rarely carry money on me and love the convenience of just swiping a card everywhere.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm gonna go with ATM card. When I was a kid, there was something magical about having actual money in your pocket. It just wasn't the same if some relative gave you a birthday card with a check in it, for instance. These days, I rarely carry money on me and love the convenience of just swiping a card everywhere.
I am with you. It annoys the hell out of me now when I can't use a card, and if I have to write a check then fuck you. That said though, you should really get a credit card instead of using your ATM card. The liability situation is better with credit cards if you get it stolen somehow and credit cards have reward programs and the like.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Couple things.

Debit Card - seriously haven't carried cash in many years. When I have to I want it out of my wallet immediately. I hate going somewhere that requires cash or check. I mean seriously.. it's the 21st century, go pull away in your Model T Ford. Online shopping has made my life awesome, pumping gas is less sucky, and my wallet is lighter.

Cable Internet - self-explanatory. I remember playing Command and Conquer Red Alert over tcp/ip and it sucked ass. I remember getting Roadrunner internet and turning on Diablo 2 and feeling so amazed. I can't believe some people still need to use dial-up.

Power - We lost power for a week due to Irene and it was miserable. I read the entire Wheel of Time series in that week. I had to take cold showers and go to bed hoping my phone alarm would work. It sucked major ass.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power for sure. After Irene, and Sandy your life is just turned upside down. Lose food, internet etc. As a kid I would have thought its awesome.

Also +1 on a good cast iron pan. It's a game changer.